The Ingham Family #270 Sarah Ingham - making a house a home bargains

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sarah's got the emergency plan sorted. If anything goes wrong, which it's not going to because they've prepared, they'll just turn the van around and go back home.

Really naïve or really stupid or both? What if the van's not driveable? What if the muppet that drives it is seriously unwell or injured? What's the plan then?
She would jump on a plane with the kids and leave him there 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Not exactly a family friendly appropriate holiday destination, especially for the two younger ones

• Sad
Reactions: 30
I hope to God I'm wrong but I seriously think they'll be a tragic accident on this trip. Those children aren't properly supervised or properly dressed at the best of times. Izzy has a cost that cost £40. It's not going to be adequate enough

• Sad
Reactions: 35
She would jump on a plane with the kids and leave him there 🤣
Having called an Uber to 'idk, babe, Norway airport?' from 'um, somewhere... um, in the general Arctic Circle area?' first.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I see they’ve taken to closing the curtains between the cab and the back again. Shame you can still see them moving about because your kids are bleeping about obviously without seatbelts

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Oh I’m so here for this ‘Epic road trip’ 😆. Got my popcorn 🍿 ready and everything !! How many Hot chocolate’s are they going to consume ? How many boring as f*#k drone shots will be we treated ( subjected) to? Will they manage to find a ‘Flying Tiger’ to film in on their journey ? Who the hell knows 😆. Can’t wait to see how their woefully inadequate clothing/footwear holds up in the extreme temperatures either !!! This is gonna be EPIC !! Not their kind of epic either 😆🤣😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Its deffo Norway and up to Finland then - don't think its right for them 2 young ones

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Do they realise there is very little daylight at this time of the year😃
im hundred percent certain granny and grandpa have fallen out with them regarding this ridiculous trip.
what caring parent of five children travels with a screen up so they can’t see the children
well prepared then creepy says they haven’t packed water.
---

Got your little axe/harpoon and spade creepy

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
That poor baby is going to get frostbitten toes in her Asda snow boots. 😡

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything as stupid as this in all my life. I hope to god he doesn’t crash that van because those kids have no chance.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
They do realise that under 2’s can’t regulate their body temperature, don’t they 🤔

• Sad
Reactions: 36
They're off to chase the Northern Lights lol.

Right so Sarah justifying her spending this month... made me laugh that
---

Also this is the best time for Northern Lights too

• Haha
Reactions: 16
One vanlifer was saying as well as snow chains he had to have tyres with metal studs fitted as normal winter tyres were no good, his words having 3 tons of van slipping on ice is rather scary
I really dread to think how much over the safe weight limit the van is because there is no doubt it is - I just hope he’s not fiddling with his phone or the drone controller whilst he’s driving & actually paying attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
What on earth are they thinking.

Honestly I’ll be surprised if they get away with it without injury.
I cannot believe the naivety of these idiot parents, if ‘something goes wrong we can turn round and come home’. To me it is crazy and cruel to expose your children especially the little ones the extreme weather in a tin can. That vehicle is overloaded, is not safe - seats and seatbelts nonexistent, is not healthy- toilet facilities and personal hygiene, and driven by someone who admits to not sleeping properly.

I hope the SS And LEA are aware of this ridiculously unsafe venture and will accept the consequences if anything drastic happens.

• Sad
Reactions: 34
I’ve not yet watched but see comments about the YOTO - I really hope they’ve not been gifted that!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
They're off to chase the Northern Lights lol.

Right so Sarah justifying her spending this month... made me laugh that
---

Also this is the best time for Northern Lights too
I was lucky enough to see the northern lights in October (we were in Iceland for 4 nights and saw them 4 separate times! None the first night, light Aurora the next, another light Aurora night and the final night we saw them lightly before dinner and they properly exploded at around 11pm) these people won’t have the dedication to look for them, nor do they deserve to see it the selfish idiots - lazy and creepy I hope that you never get to experience the magic of the Aurora Borealis

this is very much not a holiday that’s suited for young(er) families - most of the time spent in Nordic countries is looking at waterfalls, amazing black beaches, geysirs , waiting out on the cold until the dead of night to experience the northern lights, lots of natural formations and wandering around small little towns which (understandably) can be boring for children and it’s not as if any of them will bother to google and find fun things to do, not that aren’t mega expensive anyway. They won’t enjoy it whatsoever and I imagine that lots of moaning is in their future. Of course there are amazing things to do (we went snowmobiling on a glacier, had a spa experience in a natural hot spring , went to a live lava show etc.) but they are all very costly.

The inghams definitely won’t appreciate any of the amazing culture, history and natural phenomenons of the Nordic countries - they don’t deserve to visit some of the truly most magical places on earth!

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.