The Ingham Family #270 Sarah Ingham - making a house a home bargains

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I just say I’m going through the same thing with my teen daughter she has extreme anxietiy and extremely bad school avoidance and we been to the doc and school has been very supportive but nothing seem to be working to get her into school and with so much time off it her harder for her I have also thought of home schooling but I’m not got the intelligence to do so 😩😂 how did you go about it and any advice you could give would be appreciated as you have been through the same how is you daughter now that you are home schooling
@Kelsbels79
There are wonderful advice and support on the UK home ed groups. I would post anonymously though. So many young people going through something similar. It's brilliant that the school is supportive though. That's so important. X

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think the only way Izzy will break free is if she meets someone she really loves and they are supportive and they also have a supportive family that could offer further stability, I don’t think Izzy would have the confidence to do it alone.
That’s asking a huge amount of someone, and, speaking from experience, tends to involve further abuse of some kind as it’s an abusers ideal scenario. She simply doesn’t have the freedom to form any relationships, including friendships, which she would need to do to get to know someone (and no that shouldn't be online only). Most likely she doesn’t even know what a healthy relationship looks like.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been in hospital and have explicitly stated NOT to tell my family anything only to then be told as they sound so kind and caring they’ve decided as a ‘one off’ to let them know everything and I’ve ended up discharging myself and/or escaping. My local hospital daily puts out posts for family to take in ill family members and offering ‘mediation’ for those ‘with issues’ (mediation should never be done wheres there’s any possibility of abuse) and assessments to make sure everyone is safely set up (that’s a to minute phone call from a student to say it’s fine - no more) all they want is their beds freed up. I’m banned from their feed now for pointing out 100% reliance is an abusers dream and asking about safeguarding. Apparently I’m ‘scaremongering’ 🙄

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Exactly how much money do they make from you tube as they spend it like water 😳😳😳

Reactions: 15
Im very suspicious of the amount of videos of them at the moment that are still taking place in the uk. This has to be the longest delay of days that Ive seen on them. Definitely escaping something then.

Reactions: 18
If Sarah was that worried about the reaction from people over the Mac books why include it. She even says "that vlogs not gone live yet and I can imagine the comments"

Reactions: 29
They’re going to freeze to death aren’t they. No way what they packed is in any way warm enough for a super cold climate.
I can't wait to see it, something's going to go wrong..no way Chris has prepped the van enough for this kind of trip.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Driving to the Arctic Circle literally just so they can say that they've been to the Arctic Circle. What a waste of time.

They’re going to freeze to death aren’t they. No way what they packed is in any way warm enough for a super cold climate.
Don't worry. They're well-prepared. They've packed an entire roof box of spam and pasta, and six* sledges.

*May not actually be six because they're apparently the sort of people who aren't quite sure how many sledges they've packed into their dinky dot van.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
What on earth are they thinking.

Honestly I’ll be surprised if they get away with it without injury.

Reactions: 24
She absolutely pisses me off with sanctimonious “one life, live it bullshit. What she doesn’t realise is she’s stopping her children from ever living the best life they can because they’ve withdrawn them from school, are not giving them any education so as a consequence they aren’t going to have a future. When they’re 25, they might be able to say they went on multiple van trips, ate slop and shat in woods, but where exactly are they going to work?

• Sad
Reactions: 47
One vanlifer was saying as well as snow chains he had to have tyres with metal studs fitted as normal winter tyres were no good, his words having 3 tons of van slipping on ice is rather scary

• Wow
Reactions: 23
Sarah's got the emergency plan sorted. If anything goes wrong, which it's not going to because they've prepared, they'll just turn the van around and go back home.

Really naïve or really stupid or both? What if the van's not driveable? What if the muppet that drives it is seriously unwell or injured? What's the plan then?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
I wish they'd understand (or care) that those open mouthed thumbnails are so inappropriate. It makes me feel sick thinking about where those poor girls photos end up 🙁

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.