The Ingham Family #266 Jingle Bells, creepy smells, screeching all the way.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s a lot of children at the age of 3 who enjoy these work sheets and it’s fine to do them every once in a while, but learning at this age is so much more. It’s social interactions with peers, role play, construction games, puzzles, making up games yourself, use materials to do with whatever they come up with, baking, cooking, playing outside at least once a day, going to forests, .. he doesn’t need a full school routine with papers yet.
The only thing she’s done right was taking his lead and not forcing him too much.
But this boy needs so much more than what she’s doing.
My son didn't go to a traditional school setting until kindergarten (age 5), and i don't think he ever touched a work sheet before that. I bought him a couple of preschool activity books here and there, but they never held his interest. We had a very active life - out every single day, rain or shine, at parks, hiking trails, beaches, mountains, library storytimes, organized play dates with friends, and classes (art, yoga, gymnastics etc). At home, life revolved around play and reading. The focus on colours stopped around 2, maybe? Because there were so many other things to focus on! He was, and still is, a voracious reader. I introduced basic computer games and science experiments. He could happily sit and play by himself with puzzles, building sets, colouring books/stickers, and play doh. He also "helped" me around the house a lot (wish he still had that enthusiasm now 😄).

I don't claim to be the leading authority on early childhood development, but one thing that i do know - kids really thrive on routine. From what i can gather reading here, that is totally lacking for the Inghams. Getting up at noon, eating dinner at 9pm, and being dragged around stores to fulfill mummy's shopping addiction is not what any of those kids need. We don't see much education in the videos because there is not much going on. We see what they prioritize. If they show a poxy work sheet or colour sorting game once in a blue moon, that's because that was the only education that went on in that house that day.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
She forgot for a moment that she's told us before that broccoli is his favourite. She was filming him eating it, waiting on a reaction. She said to him "brave the broccoli" and then said "what do you think?" As if he'd never had it before, or at least not had it for a long time.
The kid has never had it without a block of cheap red cheese over it 😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Sarah looks as though she wants to break into a foul mouthed tirade at any given moment, she's so full of palpable hate. She can't stand Mila for whatever reason; I grew up with a disinterested mother but the lardy one is on a whole different level. Poor Isla is so obviously regressing due to lack of parental attention, she will do just about anything to ensure she stays as an inherent part of the 'younger three'. Those shoes should only be seen on the under fives or a 60 year old social worker who knits yogurt.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I wonder what the company that gifted them the wooden play kitchen and market, think about them being sold on ebay put in the garage of doom, never to be seen again? She only kept them a few weeks

Reactions: 19
Isla parading round in that dress like a really proud 5 year old. She's nearly 11. It's so sad how isolated she's become and how she's not grown up.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
I wonder what the company that gifted them the wooden play kitchen and market, think about them being sold on ebay put in the garage of doom, never to be seen again? She only kept them a few weeks
Serves the company’s right for gifting them in the first place

Reactions: 27
Thread suggestion #267 - They said it’s officially the end, but it’s not the end we’re all waiting for.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I can't find the photo of Isla's dress and shoes - can someone point me in the right direction please

Reactions: 9
Why is Lazy desperately trying to convince us she educates Jace all of a sudden? The thing is she’s only educated to a pre school level herself, so quickly printing of random worksheets is not good enough. What about the girls, has she totally given up on them?

Reactions: 24
Why is Isla dressed like she's 4? I just went and looked at photos from my daughters 11th birthday as a comparison and was completely shocked by the difference

Reactions: 10
For me it was more her mannerisms. Second pic sums it up a bit. The way she was acting about the outfit was incredibly toddler-like.
I understand people being concerned about her mental health but at 10 I think she's dressed fine 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 22
I like wearing a dress, I always have done, because I’ve got sensory issues around clothes. Isla’s outfit looks wrong, imo, because of the socks and shoes. If she had some thick, black tights and chunky black DM style ankle boots on she’d look fab.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.