The Indie Projects

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It does seem somewhat distasteful to show how much you have & what you plan to do, especially when others have lost so much more. Including, sadly their lives while fighting the fires.
The comments section now has a request to keep comments respectful from YouTube. If only the comments made were respected & not deleted.
Rightly or wrongly. There was undoubtedly some unpleasant comments, unfortunately there always will be.
However, by far the majority that have been branded as nasty/negative appeared to be from long term viewers/subscribers that simply voiced their opinion that they felt that they had been misled.
Censoring views simply because they differ from your own views is difinatly not respectful.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I am dismayed that I bought into their act. In a recent video Theo talks about how he "had to shi* in a bucket for 10 years". C'mon man, you didn't "have to." You were an off grid you-tuber with a van, houseboat, a barn conversion, and a good social media following that earned you enough money to vacation all over the world and buy 3 properties, and those are the ones we know of. That kind of bs makes me so mad. Nobody was forcing you and you made a killing doing it. Their channel went from "follow our journey" to I don't care about this project anymore and poor me I had to use an outhouse. As of now it seems as if the barn conversion is not going to be filmed. I suspect they are going to just hire someone to finish it up and unload it for the cash (and those donations are pouring in).

This latest video they have seemed to dropped the "off grid" lifestyle for electric gates, hot tubs with televisions, and full bathroom renos just because they dislike the tile colors. Doesn't seem so ecologically friendly to me. The newest video where Theo walked the house had a full 3 minute ad in it so revenue must be coming in pretty well. I see on their you-tube channel someone saw all the stuff they were left in that home and thought they needed to donate $50 on top of it. That $50 could have gone to someone whose home burned down.

I think they will lose the people like me that wanted to see people living happily simply and cheaply and just have a Stunning Mountain Villa renovation show now.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The latest video is almost comical, cut down burnt plants which are like sticks, for at least 5 minutes of content...safety glasses on.

If my timing is correct can't stop thinking about how suicide prevention day was September 10th, video dropped September 11th, and the bee made her suicide attempt soon after....I hope this was all coincidence.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I am dismayed that I bought into their act. In a recent video Theo talks about how he "had to shi* in a bucket for 10 years". C'mon man, you didn't "have to." You were an off grid you-tuber with a van, houseboat, a barn conversion, and a good social media following that earned you enough money to vacation all over the world and buy 3 properties, and those are the ones we know of. That kind of bs makes me so mad. Nobody was forcing you and you made a killing doing it. Their channel went from "follow our journey" to I don't care about this project anymore and poor me I had to use an outhouse. As of now it seems as if the barn conversion is not going to be filmed. I suspect they are going to just hire someone to finish it up and unload it for the cash (and those donations are pouring in).

This latest video they have seemed to dropped the "off grid" lifestyle for electric gates, hot tubs with televisions, and full bathroom renos just because they dislike the tile colors. Doesn't seem so ecologically friendly to me. The newest video where Theo walked the house had a full 3 minute ad in it so revenue must be coming in pretty well. I see on their you-tube channel someone saw all the stuff they were left in that home and thought they needed to donate $50 on top of it. That $50 could have gone to someone whose home burned down.

I think they will lose the people like me that wanted to see people living happily simply and cheaply and just have a Stunning Mountain Villa renovation show now.
Completely agree with you. They disgust me simple as that. I really can’t bring myself to watch anymore of their self centred drivel. Just seen that another vlog has dropped on YouTube and I’m not even subbed to them anymore grrr

The latest video is almost comical, cut down burnt plants which are like sticks, for at least 5 minutes of content...safety glasses on.

If my timing is correct can't stop thinking about how suicide prevention day was September 10th, video dropped September 11th, and the bee made her suicide attempt soon after....I hope this was all coincidence.
still makes me wonder if she’s behind the camera I genuinely hope she’s ok but their whole attitude and behaviour over this situation has just gone from bad to worse. If we’ve seen the light in how they really are hopefully it’ll happen to many others it might just take a little more time especially with newer viewers that have yet to catch up with the earlier backlog of videos to spot the differences and start thinking hang on a minute

Yes I can’t stand him too. I don’t understand the mug’s who send him money, why don’t they see the wrong in what they had done. I watch a channel called Tread the globe, they were in Canada in this week’s vlog, guess who was in it Yes! Theo and Bea when they were in Canada in August. While watching I was cringing watching the pair of them. Theo now act’s like a smarmy git, he’s obviously no shame, he doesn’t mind showing his face. Bea will keep quiet, for a few week’s then she’ll be slowly be showing her face in the background. Theo now has more tool’s than B & Q, more vehicles than a car show room, people should Donate to a good cause not make the rich richer.
I started watching their videos last year and thought what a great couple they were, how clever Theo was etc., then bit by bit I noticed that they started buying a lot of new items for the barn and going on lots of trips. Then, the news of the house and then the big property plus all the new items again. I am glad I never sent them any money. What a waste of space they both are. The house is not damaged by the fire, and the fire has saved then from clearing the land. The fools who keep sending them money will help him buy another property as on his Instagram he now has Property developer....the con of a you tuber is evident in more ways than one! The people who lost all their belongs and family albums are the ones who need help. Theo and Bee lost nothing of value in the fires.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I was one of the people blocked on Facebook after saying that I thought I knew what they were about, but had been wrong. I received many likes and comments. I didn't say anything rude, nor did the people on my thread. We just posted our dismay.
I believe that their channel will have a slow death. They showed their greed, but most of they revealed their true agenda/goal. I say a slow death because, What is so interesting about them now?
As for Bee's suicide attempts and mental health issues. She needs a different career. Expectations of ONLY positive comments/feedback as a public figure is unrealistic.
As for the drama between the YouTubers. IMO, actions speak louder than words. I think Nick's actions, helping out all the fellow YouTubers (including Bee and Theo) speaks volumes to who he is.
When I saw the initial FB post about the burned property, I honestly thought it was the barn conversion property. I was worried about Bee's Mom, the cats, goats, and house. I feel hoodwinked. One of the people that posted on my thread wrote that he felt like he was in Oz and they just pulled back the curtain and revealed the real Wizard. It was exactly how I felt. The reason I am posting here is because I fell for the storyline, hook, line, and sinker--and while I never gave money, I feel a bit foolish anyway.
Great to hear people have been vocal about it on their Facebook page as well. It needed to be done!!

I started watching their videos last year and thought what a great couple they were, how clever Theo was etc., then bit by bit I noticed that they started buying a lot of new items for the barn and going on lots of trips. Then, the news of the house and then the big property plus all the new items again. I am glad I never sent them any money. What a waste of space they both are. The house is not damaged by the fire, and the fire has saved then from clearing the land. The fools who keep sending them money will help him buy another property as on his Instagram he now has Property developer....the con of a you tuber is evident in more ways than one! The people who lost all their belongs and family albums are the ones who need help. Theo and Bee lost nothing of value in the fires.
Yep exactly it’s the biggest YouTube con I’ve ever been aware of but they brought it on themselves. I haven’t beared to watch any of the past few vlogs Theo has done it’s just so cringe now to see them try and recover from what they brought on themselves. It’s all been their doing and it’s just so sad that so many are still so blinded by it but that’s up to them

Glad to have found this thread! I started following Bee and Theo in their earlier van life days. I wasn’t a regular follower, I’d dip in and out, but when they bought the old barn in Portugal I started to follow a more closely.

I actually stopped watching entirely a few months ago. I got fed up of their click bait video titles and I started to feel uncomfortable with Bee being so prominent in the video thumbnails usually in something low cut or short when it didn’t relate to the video. Especially as I am fairly certain it’s Theo who does the video editing and uploading.

I checked in on their Instagram recently and was sad to hear about Bee’s mental health deteriorating. I know they've mentioned it before and that she was absent from their content for a time. When I noticed that the post mentioned cruel comments on a particular video I was curious so I watched the video about the fire and was shocked. I am stunned that they would ask their followers to give them money to repair their third property.

I have also caught up on this thread as I missed everything at the time and the way they have lashed out at their friends is very strange and sad. It really seems that they are living in their own bubble and believe that they are entitled to have other people fund their lifestyle. I do wonder if this is just a thing that happens to influencers.

I think they would be better off just taking the money they have already made and living on their land. Though I do think that making money in the way they do can become addictive. Not to mention the ego boost from people engaging with their content.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I've noticed that they have uploaded a new video on their patron page, you have to sign up to see it. They also left a photograph on their YouTube page, they are pictured in front of their barn conversion. It is an old photo, from quite a few months ago - in front of the barn that "they have grown out of."
The message already has the usual fawning comments, from their deluded followers.

Reactions: 6
I have not been watching the videos. I had unsubscribed after I was blocked on Facebook. But I have checked out how many views the new videos have been getting, since the original fire video. The views have slowly gone down with each new video posted. The video posted 10 days ago is around 70K--compare that to the 120 to 150K views of the videos of the barn conversion. So I am not the only one that is not watching. 70K is still a lot, but I think that it will continue to go down unless they somehow fix or change things.

I have not been watching the videos. I had unsubscribed after I was blocked on Facebook. But I have checked out how many views the new videos have been getting, since the original fire video. The views have slowly gone down with each new video posted. The video posted 10 days ago is around 70K--compare that to the 120 to 150K views of the videos of the barn conversion. So I am not the only one that is not watching. 70K is still a lot, but I think that it will continue to go down unless they somehow fix or change things.
They'll probably resort to getting their friends and family, to watch the videos multiple times to bump up the viewing figures.

I see they’ve e just churned out a new vlog “The truth about the house: what’s really going on” with a thumbnail of Theo in despair, I just haven’t been bothered with the last few vlogs and cant be bothered to check out their latest sob story either! Welcome to anyone who’s recently joined the thread you’re amazing for seeing the light and believing the truth of what this pair are really about .

Reactions: 11
I see they’ve e just churned out a new vlog “The truth about the house: what’s really going on” with a thumbnail of Theo in despair, I just haven’t been bothered with the last few vlogs and cant be bothered to check out their latest sob story either! Welcome to anyone who’s recently joined the thread you’re amazing for seeing the light and believing the truth of what this pair are really about .
Probably just them playing the poor us card and putting the blame on the "haters" 🙄

Reactions: 4
I am afraid that I weakened, and have watched the latest video - via the link that you provided. It consists of 18 minutes of Theo banking up the natural stream, water source. The truth about the house part, is the "conspiracy theories" regarding the former owners of the property. Apparently they are too busy to pick up the kid's clothes, but left all the other stuff behind.
Why not donate all of that stuff, to the real victims of the fire Theo? Oh I forgot, there were no other victims were there!

Reactions: 4
Aside from being the most boring content on the internet they are dishonest. They seem fixated with releasing videos on a schedule instead of around a subject matter like “this is how we built x” and If you want someone to follow your boring not learning anything content then they have to buy into your authenticity and so being caught out will hurt them a lot.
Clearly Bea is Ok and filming because Ricky has been in the UK for the past month while this kicked off so he seems willing to lie to camera to exaggerate Beas’ condition

Aside from being the most boring content on the internet they are dishonest. They seem fixated with releasing videos on a schedule instead of around a subject matter like “this is how we built x” and If you want someone to follow your boring not learning anything content then they have to buy into your authenticity and so being caught out will hurt them a lot.
Clearly Bea is Ok and filming because Ricky has been in the UK for the past month while this kicked off so he seems willing to lie to camera to exaggerate Beas’ condition
Welcome to Tattle, and the thread.

Reactions: 3
Just saw these on Theo’s stories. So disgusting to use your platform to encourage your followers to go after someone else. Why can’t influencers fight their own battles? Also, the ‘you’re just jealous’ narrative is tired.
I wonder if they know each other? Before they bought their last camper van, they used to own a narrowboat. I wonder if there is some history there?

Reactions: 3
There is a big thread about them here too, cross posting to help get the word out about this con.
The plot thickens.
A comment left by someone called gasman. Gasman, has 157 replies. The Youtuber Narrowboat and off grid living, has written an interesting post, it is the very last repliy to Gasman's post.
Incidently, can someone tell me how to take a screenshot, it would be so much easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
The plot thickens.
A comment left by someone called gasman. Gasman, has 157 replies. The Youtuber Narrowboat and off grid living, has written an interesting post, it is the very last repliy to Gasman's post.
Incidently, can someone tell me how to take a screenshot, it would be so much easier.
Are you using a phone or laptop? On a laptop its hold the ctrl and pr sc buttons together. On my phone its the volume and power button together but depends on the make of your phone.