The Indie Projects

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I started watching their videos last year and thought what a great couple they were, how clever Theo was etc., then bit by bit I noticed that they started buying a lot of new items for the barn and going on lots of trips. Then, the news of the house and then the big property plus all the new items again. I am glad I never sent them any money. What a waste of space they both are. The house is not damaged by the fire, and the fire has saved then from clearing the land. The fools who keep sending them money will help him buy another property as on his Instagram he now has Property developer....the con of a you tuber is evident in more ways than one! The people who lost all their belongs and family albums are the ones who need help. Theo and Bee lost nothing of value in the fires.
I asked them a question of how the village people were , those who lost their property and the family of the firefighters who lost their lives. I asked if there was a community help project or go fund me happening for them and got no response. My post has now disappeared.
They still have everything they need whereas some have lost loved ones and homes.

I've unsubscribed too.

I found it somewhat disingenuous that they didn't mention the main house on the property was completely unaffected until 25:20 into a 28:23 video. They own 2 other habitable properties, plus a camper van and a caravan. They own numerous other vehicles and pretty much every power tool known to man. This would suggest that they are not a couple teetering on the brink of severe financial hardship, unlike many others these days.
We've unsubscribed too and are no longer patreons.
They attacked Project Portugal and Frankie off grid. So now, we subscribe and follow them instead. . The Indie Projects vile hate is now their victims gain. Please flow them too..it's worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I asked them a question of how the village people were , those who lost their property and the family of the firefighters who lost their lives. I asked if there was a community help project or go fund me happening for them and got no response. My post has now disappeared.
They still have everything they need whereas some have lost loved ones and homes.

We've unsubscribed too and are no longer patreons.
They attacked Project Portugal and Frankie off grid. So now, we subscribe and follow them instead. . The Indie Projects vile hate is now their victims gain. Please flow them too..it's worth it.
Just done the same and subscribed.

Reactions: 6
My experience has been much the same- was super keen on what the Indie Projects were posting- they seemed so down to earth with respect to their project and journey- however over time, and their requests for assistance especially after the fire- it really turned me off. All felt like a massive grift (in addition to the tonal change with Theo and his “property developer” title). At the end of the day- I don’t begrudge anyone success- but there really is something off-putting about them. The only good thing I’ve discovered through them though is a vlog “Portugal From Scratch”. This woman seems very sincere and no BS. I certainly think worth a follow…

Reactions: 11
The only good thing I’ve discovered through them though is a vlog “Portugal From Scratch”. This woman seems very sincere and no BS. I certainly think worth a follow…
Many thanks for your recommendation, she seems like a lovely lady. I have been binge watching her videos, I am enjoying her videos, especially the building of the cob wall.
However -
I think I have become jaded with the duplicity of channels like the Indie Projects. I inwardly cringed when she said that she was happy for people to "follow her journey" and she was "excited" for various projects she is working on. Some of the phrases used by The Indie Projects. She even has a cat!

I am trying to keep an open mind, believe me.

Reactions: 6
Farmer for fun also seems pretty legit. I don't recall he even mentioning his patreon.
OkPortugal is best buddies with the indie projects and there's something about Ken that rubs me the wrong way.
I just discovered "Portuguese Quinta Garden Culinária" and I like them so far.
Girl meets farm also seems sweet.

Reactions: 3
OkPortugal is best buddies with the indie projects and there's something about Ken that rubs me the wrong way.
I just discovered "Portuguese Quinta Garden Culinária" and I like them so far.
Girl meets farm also seems sweet.
I know what you mean about Ken from OK Portugal, I get bad vibes from him.

Reactions: 1
I know what you mean about Ken from OK Portugal, I get bad vibes from him.
The first time I got that feeling was when covid hit and was all against masks and vaccination and what not. He got called out in the comments. And the dude has been living in Portugal for ages now and still barely speaks a word. Idk, he just has an attitude of superiority about him.

Really disappointed how their vlog deteriorated to just Theo buying new toys… alarm bells rang when he kept harping on about the pool table and his new tractors… Thanks for this chat group. The last straw was the fire vlog. The absolute shame of these guys - I really believed in them, my wishes are for all the Portuguese families who have suffered the previous months due to the fires xx

If you want some real content - recommend Make.Do.Grow (real off grid living) or crazy Andy on Real Algarve Living - he knows how to make a real vlog - legend

Our Portuguese Homestead is also another one to watch

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
If you want some real content - recommend Make.Do.Grow (real off grid living) or crazy Andy on Real Algarve Living - he knows how to make a real vlog - legend
I think I watched an episode of Make.Do.Grow, but was put off by them killing animals for food. It was one of the reasons why I liked the Indie Projects, because they were kind to animals.
Not so kind to their fellow human beings though!

I think I watched an episode of Make.Do.Grow, but was put off by them killing animals for food. It was one of the reasons why I liked the Indie Projects, because they were kind to animals.
Not so kind to their fellow human beings though!
Must have missed that episode… not sure they have ever killed an animal ???

Our Portuguese Homestead is also another one to watch
Ah yes, forgot about them. And they also don't seem to get along with any of the other youtubers. They seem to actually be into the lifestyle and want to do their own thing.