The Indie Projects

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gosh what I shock, I hadnt seen their last 4 videos. He was such a character, how devastating for Ginny and the family.

Reactions: 1
Gosh what I shock, I hadnt seen their last 4 videos. He was such a character, how devastating for Ginny and the family.
Indeed. I quite enjoyed watching them. The last video is Nick from Destino Portugal saying Ginny had asked him to tell us about Zack's passing. It was very shocking.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I think I watched an episode of Make.Do.Grow, but was put off by them killing animals for food. It was one of the reasons why I liked the Indie Projects, because they were kind to animals.
Not so kind to their fellow human beings though!
Make.Do. Grown. They only have chickens and they haven't killed any. If you are talking about people who killed their goat, that was Luke and Sarah off-grid life and in their defense they had ato kill one of their male goats because he was attacking and hurting the female goats. I respect their honesty about the situation. Give Make Do.Grow another chance. They work very hard and are funny.

Reactions: 2
Make.Do. Grown. They only have chickens and they haven't killed any. If you are talking about people who killed their goat, that was Luke and Sarah off-grid life and in their defense they had ato kill one of their male goats because he was attacking and hurting the female goats. I respect their honesty about the situation. Give Make Do.Grow another chance. They work very hard and are funny.
I obviously got them mixed up with another channel on YouTube. Sorry about that.

I first started watching the Indie Projects, during the lockdowns, it was good escapisim. I guess we all had to believe in something positive at the time. I think this is another reason why people feel so let down by The Indie Projects, they manipulated their audience.
I am watching other channels at the moment, but there is always some doubt at the back of my mind - wondering whether these people are genuine.

Reactions: 6
I'm glad I came across this - for a while I thought I was alone in feeling a degree of 'manipulation' here.I have no issue at all (and more power) to those who do well for themselves but for some time now the 'donations' thing and the references to possibly needing 'volunteers' to help clear the land etc. hasn't sat easy with me.There is the constant feeling that being on the financial edge is portrayed , while the reality looks anything but; the secretive approach to properties likewise.Most recently when I watched the 'animal heavy' video , there was again a feeling that an attempt was being made to manipulate...it's almost like there was a brainstorming session where the 'animals' idea would have come up. I could be wrong but for some time now , (for me) there's been something 'off' about all this...

Reactions: 15
Our Portuguese Homestead is also another one to watch

Ah yes, forgot about them. And they also don't seem to get along with any of the other youtubers. They seem to actually be into the lifestyle and want to do their own thing.
Probably worth following for that very reason. I started watching the 'indie 'projects' when they had that little vw camper years ago.... theo always seemed a bit of a knob but I persevered.... now the guy is just plain insane. Most youtubers become plastic egoers but he's the king of the crop.... Our Portugal Homestead are one of the few worth watching

I forget to mention that I think Theo is the one who's taken Bee over the edge.... he seems some kind of super ambitious manic.... and she obviously loves the guy and has got swept up in it all. If he really loved her I think he'd stop the youtube but like I said, I think he's genuinely mad....

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I’m wondering if we can give Theo another chance? He does an amazing job by telling other people what to do, whilst doing nothing at all. Let’s pray for him and send money so he can buy something new…
As for Bea? Where is she??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m wondering if we can give Theo another chance? He does an amazing job by telling other people what to do, whilst doing nothing at all. Let’s pray for him and send money so he can buy something new…
As for Bea? Where is she??
Probably purchasing another Stella McCartney handbag!

Reactions: 3
My experience has been much the same- was super keen on what the Indie Projects were posting- they seemed so down to earth with respect to their project and journey- however over time, and their requests for assistance especially after the fire- it really turned me off. All felt like a massive grift (in addition to the tonal change with Theo and his “property developer” title). At the end of the day- I don’t begrudge anyone success- but there really is something off-putting about them. The only good thing I’ve discovered through them though is a vlog “Portugal From Scratch”. This woman seems very sincere and no BS. I certainly think worth a follow…
Same here. Really looked forward to their videos dropping. But then things changed and it looked like the projects and work being done was a byproduct of the video and not the other way around. I think I need to drive the wife crazy so I can get more views for our channel. 😂 we also enjoy Portugal from scratch. Little Spanish farmstead is also quite a nice channel as well. I don’t begrudge anyone making a living off YouTube as long as you are not selling something that you are not.

Reactions: 8
Same here. Really looked forward to their videos dropping. But then things changed and it looked like the projects and work being done was a byproduct of the video and not the other way around. I think I need to drive the wife crazy so I can get more views for our channel. 😂 we also enjoy Portugal from scratch. Little Spanish farmstead is also quite a nice channel as well. I don’t begrudge anyone making a living off YouTube as long as you are not selling something that you are not.
Amazing recommendation for “Little Spanish Farmstead” I’ve just checked them out and they seem like the real deal (and are interestingly fairly close to me!). Really like what they are doing- thanks Farmvilla!

Reactions: 3
So glad I found this thread! I used to be a big fan of Bea and Theo but since the beginning of the year, their videos just didn't seem quite… earnest anymore. Nothing was happening and the whole fire thing begging for money just left a very unsavoury taste. Unfollowed them and glad to see I'm not the only one finding them scummy. The recommendations here are awesome! I knew Our Portuguese Homestead but love to find something like Little Spanish Farmstead. Honest work, no laying it on for the views. And most importantly, they're not buying fancy new tools and cars every episode while complaining about being skint lol

I also recently found a small little channel called Oak and Olive. They also live off grid, but it's more of a video essay style, which doesn't seem so common in the Portuguese youtube community. Bit of a fresh breath amidst all the vlogs just cobbled together.

Reactions: 7