The inauguration week of the president of the United States 2021

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I never fail to be amazed when people can speak so beautifully under pressure. I would never have been able to speak like Amanda Gorman.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
As an American I feel very hopeful and at peace today. It’s been a long 4 years. I cried when Kamala was being sworn in. Biden isn’t the best speaker and can be a bit wordy but I felt the sincerity of his speech. I believe he’s going to give it everything he has to bring about change.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Watching this woman (Amanda I believe her name is) read her poem is making me think about how insane and powerful it is that slaves built the White House

Reactions: 9
As an American I feel very hopeful and at peace today. It’s been a long 4 years. I cried when Kamala was being sworn in. Biden isn’t the best speaker and can be a bit wordy but I felt the sincerity of his speech. I believe he’s going to give it everything he has to bring about change.
I agree. He isn't a speaker like Obama, but he doesn't make me confused and wonder what on earth he's getting at like Trump, or even George W Bush. You can tell he means what he is saying.

Reactions: 7
I don’t think there will ever be a person who speaks like Obama- that suave, the clarity, the pizzaz, Je ne sais quoi, Gosh he’s a bit sexy. But I love President Biden 💓🥰😍

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Anyone else feel uneasy with the amount of hugging going on 😬 Imagine if someone tests positive !!

Reactions: 5
sorry lovely occasion, although where’s the social distancing ? What a way to lead... by hugging each other after just speaking about how bad the pandemic is 😅🤔

Reactions: 6
Anyone else feel uneasy with the amount of hugging going on 😬 Imagine if someone tests positive !!
sorry lovely occasion, although where’s the social distancing ? What a way to lead... by hugging each other after just speaking about how bad the pandemic is 😅🤔
Absolutely. Perhaps they think the pandemic doesn’t get invited to inauguration! It’s crazy, there is zero social distancing, lots of hugging. Shocking.

Reactions: 1
Yes! I thought they'd be very careful to avoid all this. It's not on the same league as the trump superspreading events but those masks don't mean you can now hug and touch everyone 🤦

Reactions: 4
I’m living for VP Harris! Such an important day for
women and poc!
How quickly people forget that Condoleezza Rice was pretty much there, but years ago. She was in the No. 3 position (right after Pres and Vice Pres) during the Bush years. I think we should see how Kamala does before getting too congratulatory. So far today she seems to have hugged everyone she could, which doesn't seem to be full smarts during a pandemic, even if she did get the vaccine the other day!

Reactions: 3
Yes! I thought they'd be very careful to avoid all this. It's not on the same league as the trump superspreading events but those masks don't mean you can now hug and touch everyone 🤦
they're all old as duck they've probably been vaccinated 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I was surprised she could actually sing.
Live pitch correction is commonly used even for singers that can sing well, so she's probably had some help.

This is jlo after all, the woman that claims she's never had any procedures done 🙄and it's all thanks to olive oil🙄. So she now sells skincare to us plebs with a tiny bit of olive oil in it😆.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It is odd to be watching them hug one minute and then when they’re sitting down you can see a bit of hesitation sometimes if they should touch someone. It’s like they suddenly remembered about social distancing.

Reactions: 4
none of those people in the Biden-loving pub on sky news have got face masks on :eek:

well apart from the Brit reporter

thought it was supposed to be the Trump supporters that are the dummies.

Reactions: 1
How quickly people forget that Condoleeza Rice was pretty much there, but years ago. She was in the No. 3 position (right after Pres and Vice Pres) during the Bush years. I think we should see how Kamala does before getting too congratulatory. So far today she seems to have hugged everyone she could, which doesn't seem to be full smarts during a pandemic, even if she did get the vaccine the other day!
Regardless of politics, CR is a very impressive figure. I remember seeing her mother in the audience of ? an inauguration and it was so touching.

Reactions: 2