"The Ick" #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some of you may recall my ick over my boyfriend and the bin man/rubbish chasing/matey speak…Well, I managed to overcome that…

However, the other day I came across a group shot of him with his mates and some of them (including him) had their thumbs up for the photo but also their little fingers sticking out…like this 🤙🏼

I’m not sure how many more ick inducing issues I can deal with.
Argh a guy I dated (I’ve mentioned lots of his icks on here)did that in pics! He even used that emoji. Like. All. The. Time.

I’d forgive them if they were a Californian surfer, but he was an Oxbridge grad, a dad of three and worked in the city, so should really know better than that.

I wish I’d stayed friends with him so I could add more to this thread. He was such a lovely guy, and SO handsome, just icked me out to the max!

Reactions: 11
My partners friend is such a nice guy but his online presence is an red flag waving ick bonanza, it really puts off a lot of women. Shame really because in person he's lovely. I think the internet has a lot to do with global population decline.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The most recent ick I've got, is since the World Cup has been on. The thought of grown men shouting at the telly in the pub and even worse at home on their own. A guy I'm seeing shouted instructions at one of the players the other day and I literally sat and stared at him and had to tell him they can't hear him. His reply was "how do you know" I swiftly left

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
same!

men that are obsessed with dogs give me the ick tbh. like walking down the street and when they see a dog they point at it and say excitedly "dog!" 🤢🤢🤢 omg wow so quirky. men that are obsessed with their own dogs and talk to you about them on dating apps and send pics when you didn't ask ... cringe
I had an ex who would stop strangers in the park and ask to pet their dogs. It was so embarrassing. Made me feel like I was out walking with a child. This was made worse by the fact that he was quite short and always wore this hoodie that was way too big, so much so that you couldn’t even see his hands. It really made him look childish. I feel nauseous even thinking about it. 😣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
I know this probably sounds harsh but I’m getting ick from someone who constantly wants to see me every weekend. Like, I still want my own time to do my own thing away from my relentless job. And then when I mention other plans I have, I get the whole “oh suppose I can’t begrudge you that” 🙄🙃

/sarcasm.

Yeah, let’s not. Just seems too much.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
But metal on metal is grating too. There's a curry house on YT shows great recipes but the metal spoon used in a metal pan has me turning off. Goes right through me. 😬
They have special spoons for that, with long handles. My husband bought one! (he likes making curry at home.)

Reactions: 1
I know this probably sounds harsh but I’m getting ick from someone who constantly wants to see me every weekend. Like, I still want my own time to do my own thing away from my relentless job. And then when I mention other plans I have, I get the whole “oh suppose I can’t begrudge you that” 🙄🙃

/sarcasm.

Yeah, let’s not. Just seems too much.
Not harsh at all! That's way too much

Reactions: 5
I’ve just seen someone post a photo of her and her bf In Christmas elf outfits. She’s 28 and I have no idea how old her boyfriend is, but in one pic, she’s carrying him like a baby. As if the fancy dress wasn’t enough.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
I was at the o2 and my partner was getting into his seat after a break and seeing him squeeze past the people to get there just gave me the ick that I had to look away as it was too much

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I’ve just seen someone post a photo of her and her bf In Christmas elf outfits. She’s 28 and I have no idea how old her boyfriend is, but in one pic, she’s carrying him like a baby. As if the fancy dress wasn’t enough.
This could potentially end a friendship with me, is there such thing as a friendship ick do we think?

I’ve always said to my best friend if I ever walk into her house and see a ‘live, laugh, love sign’ (we both hate them) I’d never speak to her again 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My fella has just come in and went ‘I’ve just went flying outside and landed on my arse with my legs in the air’ and the thought of him slipping over with his legs akimbo proper gave me the ick 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.