“The Ick” #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Men who are really tight with fuel, only put £10 in at a time then every journey involves a discussion about if you’ll make it to xyz without needing to “fill up” with the next tenner. Bleurgh to this!!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Pmsl, brilliant! That's our Brian, my twin, where on earth did you find that? 🤣🤣🤣
Google search (depositphoto image). I’m old and fat but I’d like to think I was in better shape than the gent here (probably not though LOL)

• Haha
Reactions: 1
A guy's job. I can't fancy a man that works in retail, a call centre or in a care role.

I know this is mean but it's the ick, I can't help it.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
A guy's job. I can't fancy a man that works in retail, a call centre or in a care role.

I know this is mean but it's the ick, I can't help it.
Why not a care role? Does that include doctors, male nurses and stuff or just people in care homes do you mean? My lads lovely & works in a secure place as a carer for mentally challenging adults, he's amazing with them, I'd have thought caring is a good quality you'd look for in a boyfriend, no? 🤷

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Why not a care role? Does that include doctors, male nurses and stuff or just people in care homes do you mean? My lads lovely & works in a secure place as a carer for mentally challenging adults, he's amazing with them, I'd have thought caring is a good quality you'd look for in a boyfriend, no? 🤷
Yes, I’d absolutely want him to be caring. It’s irrational 🤣

Reactions: 5
Ugh.... UGH

So .. back in the first ick thread I mentioned a bloke who I had a weird lapse of judgement with and was exchanging racy texts with and he referred to my bits as my 'privates'

I saw on a local newspaper page on Facebook this morning....his name and face and all there... He's heading to prison for being a paedophile. I actually have felt sick all day. I'm so freaked out and feel so devastated for those girls he was grooming

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
When you’re not at that comfortable stage of the relationship yet and they start talking about their toilet habits with you. Nah.

when they order salad rolls

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Ugh.... UGH

So .. back in the first ick thread I mentioned a bloke who I had a weird lapse of judgement with and was exchanging racy texts with and he referred to my bits as my 'privates'

I saw on a local newspaper page on Facebook this morning....his name and face and all there... He's heading to prison for being a paedophile. I actually have felt sick all day. I'm so freaked out and feel so devastated for those girls he was grooming
I have had a similar experience where a man I had a short relationship with went on to be well-known for crimes against women (he wasn't a paedophile, but it was a sex offence and another really heinous crime).
I'm going to give you a piece of advice I hope you won't need: don't let anyone tell you you "shouldn't" or don't have a right to be upset/freaked by this.
I hope you're OK x

Reactions: 6
I've just been going back years laughing at these comments 😂😂😂 I thought this was the ickle conspiracy thread.

Mr cat started calling me baby after 2nd date 😷
almost nearlly dumped him.

This emoji 😉 - 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I have had a similar experience where a man I had a short relationship with went on to be well-known for crimes against women (he wasn't a paedophile, but it was a sex offence and another really heinous crime).
I'm going to give you a piece of advice I hope you won't need: don't let anyone tell you you "shouldn't" or don't have a right to be upset/freaked by this.
I hope you're OK x
Oh gosh you poor thing, that's so awful, what a total cretin! I hope he was good to you and didn't hurt you in any way. Thank you so much, I feel really guilty for feeling freaked out by this, cos I'm an adult, consenting woman and aside from sending boner pics under a sheet, he did nothing. Just feel so so sad for everyone who he did hurt, and thinking of the could haves. The creep! I know it sounds really weird but him calling my vagina my privates I found really really odd and it didn't sit well

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Oh gosh you poor thing, that's so awful, what a total cretin! I hope he was good to you and didn't hurt you in any way. Thank you so much, I feel really guilty for feeling freaked out by this, cos I'm an adult, consenting woman and aside from sending boner pics under a sheet, he did nothing. Just feel so so sad for everyone who he did hurt, and thinking of the could haves. The creep! I know it sounds really weird but him calling my vagina my privates I found really really odd and it didn't sit well
Thanks for your kind words 🙂
I was haunted for years by one thing that man said while we were together - something I told myself to dismiss at the time as an innocuous comment but something in his tone didn't sit right with me when he said it. Realistically I couldn't have predicted his future actions but I still found it hard to let go of that niggly guilt and shame.

Honestly I think "the ick" is often a gut reaction - your body telling you "something isn't right here, get out now, use X as an excuse". Very few of us regret ending flirtations and relationships based on those "little things", funnily enough! Just goes to show, we should trust ourselves!

Reactions: 9
My brother in law who thinks nothing of having a wee and leaving the door ajar when they come to stay. If I had £1 for every time I’ve told the fucker

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.