“The Ick” #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When You're in Love with a Beautiful Woman is another Dr Hook song. It includes the lyric 'when you're in love with a beautiful woman, it's hard, you know it looks so hard, you know it looks so hard.'
I remember our neighbours years ago had a bbq and played this on loop all through their night time drinking 🤷🏼‍♀️

Those ugly “fades” in hair, they look awful

Men who drive white range rovers/any German car

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don't think there is one against singing songs about having sex with a woman 🤣🤣🤣 blimey, what did you think of Frankie Goes To Hollywood? Dear me 🤭
Can't remember which song it was but didn't Shakin Stevens do a song about having sex with virgins??

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
That is so unattractive isn’t it. A hairy nose and badly capped teeth can be fixed but a hideous personality cannot.

I have a song that gives me the Ick. It’s ‘A Little Bit More’ by Dr Hook, covered by 911. I remember this song from when I was very young thinking how relentless and gross the singer sounded with those awful lyrics. Google them and see if you agree. I always imagine the woman he’s signing about to be thinking oh ffs I thought we were done and I could go to sleep but no, here we go again. It just sounds like a hideous night for that poor woman.
Totally agree, so pushy and insistent. See also Tonight’s the Night by Rod Stewart, about him obviously the older man and more experienced, seducing his “virgin child”. To be fair, he seems quite nice about it but it still sounds a bit odd.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Totally agree, so pushy and insistent. See also Tonight’s the Night by Rod Stewart, about him obviously the older man and more experienced, seducing his “virgin child”. To be fair, he seems quite nice about it but it still sounds a bit odd.
I can do even better than that, songs from the early 60's are really creepy, one even suggests a girl doesn't need "improving" which in modern
terms means a reference to cosmetic surgery. Songs about girls who sleep around and what about "Love Potion number 9"??? I have many examples of early 60's songs that would creep you out. Dr Hook's song was tame compared to those 60's songs.

Reactions: 3
Can't remember which song it was but didn't Shakin Stevens do a song about having sex with virgins??
Which song is that? Looking up his songs ... even Green Door seems to have a hidden meaning!

Reactions: 1
I can't remember either. I'm just off to burn all my old vinyl, including The Police 🤣
Don't do that, could be worth a fortune, I have Bay City Roller albums that must be worth shitloads, I bet some of their songs
would give people the ICK! :LOL: :LOL: 🛌 🛌

• Haha
Shakin Stevens is ick personified. He gave me the ick as a 10 year old.
Haha, he did me too, wannabe Elvis FFS, I couldn't have cared less what he was singing about, I had to listen to mother's Dr Hook, Boney M & bloody Abba and I'm not traumatised, so............. 🤣👍

Reactions: 1
Roxy Music, Love is the drug..... try that one for some serious Ick!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Don't do that, could be worth a fortune, I have Bay City Roller albums that must be worth shitloads, I bet some of their songs
would give people the ICK! :LOL: :LOL: 🛌 🛌
Lol, indeed. I hope nobody's got the bloody Grease soundtrack 🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Haha, he did me too, wannabe Elvis FFS, I couldn't have cared less what he was singing about, I had to listen to mother's Dr Hook, Boney M & bloody Abba and I'm not traumatised, so............. 🤣👍
When I was little I thought he and Elvis were the same person as I did Bob Monkhouse and Des o’Connor 😂

• Haha
I was feeling a bit desperate so went on a second date with someone who had given me the ick previously with badly capped teeth and a hairy nose. I mean, the nose was hairy, not the nostrils! I looked at him as he was driving last night and his ears were SPROUTING hair which I must not have seen on date 1. Not only the hair and teeth issue though, he was the most argumentative tosspot I’ve ever met. He said, ‘You don’t like being challenged, do you?’ I thought, no, not on a date really?!
I remember you posting about this hairy nose man! It was around the same time as the hairless mole man I had 😂

• Haha
I just don’t know how men don’t look up close enough to see they’re sprouting hair out of their nose, ON their nose in my date’s case, and their ears. If I even see one stray moustache hair it’s out in two seconds!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I just don’t know how men don’t look up close enough to see they’re sprouting hair out of their nose, ON their nose in my date’s case, and their ears. If I even see one stray moustache hair it’s out in two seconds!
I've just got to ask, how old was your date? Old men always have hairy ears 🤭🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.