“The Ick” #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a song that gives me the Ick. It’s ‘A Little Bit More’ by Dr Hook, covered by 911. I remember this song from when I was very young thinking how relentless and gross the singer sounded with those awful lyrics. Google them and see if you agree. I always imagine the woman he’s signing about to be thinking oh ffs I thought we were done and I could go to sleep but no, here we go again. It just sounds like a hideous night for that poor woman.
'When your body's had enough of me and I'm laying, flat out on the floor, when you think I've loved you all I can, I'm gonna love you a little bit more.'

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I was speaking to someone who I thought decent, I knew him from when I was like 14 and he’s grown into an attractive man. Anyway, we were talking and talking about going out for drinks and he says

“if I booked a hotel room would you come?” 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃 massive ICK!!!!!

Like why? Why would you pre plan that you’re gunna get your leg over? If I wanted the night to go that way AFTER the date then I’d invite him to mine, I live on my own anyway.

Like massive ick, really wound me up 😂

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I was speaking to someone who I thought decent, I knew him from when I was like 14 and he’s grown into an attractive man. Anyway, we were talking and talking about going out for drinks and he says

Like why? Why would you pre plan that you’re gunna get your leg over? If I wanted the night to go that way AFTER the date then I’d invite him to mine, I live on my own anyway.

Presumptuous bugger! 🙄🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Men who think the offside rule is unduly complicated and too complex for women to understand it.

Er what's so hard about it sexist creeps. :mad::p

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Years ago I was chatting to someone online. My mates band was due to play a gig in his home town so I arranged to meet up with him at the gig. During an msn chat he turned his webcam on and was sat in (just) a dressing gown which I felt was a bit odd but ignored it.

We were chatting about whether I'd stay overnight at a hotel or go home with the band and he made some comment about quit playing games because I knew I'd be staying over with him and he'd f*@$ me 🤢

Instant, full on, alarm ringing ick. I didn't go to the gig and I never spoke to him again. It still creeps me out now.

His brother was a well known rugby player at the time and he dropped his name a lot. Makes me wonder how many people he flashed via webcam in his nasty white dressing gown.

• Sick
Reactions: 12
Slightly off topic but reminded me that someone in my old company used to trim their fingernails in the client meeting rooms and leave a collection of their nail trimmings scooped up in a little pile. The poor receptionist was always sending out emails begging the unknown culprit to stop.
We had something similar in my old company but it was a bogey bandit. They would leave them on the toilet cubicle walls. Repeated requests for them to stop went unheeded.

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Men who feel the need to mansplain things which definitely do not need explaining

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I really hate the whole “wine you and dine you” thing. I’ve had a few men say that to me over the years and something about it annoys me. Like I need looking after or something.

• Haha
I really hate the whole “wine you and dine you” thing. I’ve had a few men say that to me over the years and something about it annoys me. Like I need looking after or something.
And the word ‘pamper’ knocks me sick. As if we’re not capable of doing stuff ourselves.

Reactions: 4
There’s a lot of men out there dressing like an extra from peaky blinders. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Older men who favour that look, along with the hairstyle of very short/shaved at the sides and a quiffy bit on top? Have I described that right? (See Steve Pemberton’s hair in Inside No 9, episode 2 of the current series).

Reactions: 3
Older men who favour that look, along with the hairstyle of very short/shaved at the sides and a quiffy bit on top? Have I described that right? (See Steve Pemberton’s hair in Inside No 9, episode 2 of the current series).
There’s a lot of men spouting this style With blue jeans and those brown 👞 shoes 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢 on dating apps in essex!!!!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.