The House Build - Shady AF

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She will read it as I know for a fact she reads this page daily. I thought long and hard before posting but it was the final straw today and I just hope by reading my post she might have a long hard look at herself. To be fair it is unlikely, she is incredibly self obsessed now and believes anyone (real life friends included) are envious if they don't agree with her. She gets beyond furious if anyone points out her Mother bank rolled the bridal shop but unfortunately it is the truth. She likes to tell everyone how hard it is being a successful business woman but that is not the whole story. Chezbec the business she sold before her mother financed the bridal shop was not exactly a roaring success. It was run from a bedroom at her town house on a bog standard estate and was hardly sold for a fortune. Very much a case of promoting one image regardless of the truth. Sadly it will affect the children, they are both quite sweet but you can see traits of their Mother coming through and not always in a good way.

She is not all bad otherwise we wouldn't visit them. She is a great hostess, the food is always good quality and always no expense spared on wine etc (obviously). It is just a case of not having any self awareness about how crass the smug, boastful behaviour is. Not sure what Andy makes of it, he definitely loves the freebies and thinks it is amazing (so do I to be frank). Becks definitely had an eating disorder and I am not convinced she is over it now as she eats so little and likes to stay as thin as possible. The early onset of possible osteoporosis can be caused by her denying her body essential nutrients when on these starvation diets but I don't think anything will change where that is concerned. I only hope Issy doesn't pick up on it as it is not healthy. She is definitely becoming more of a drama queen, when we were kids she was completely normal. However what she perceives as success has gone to her head (actually caused by getting lucky with the town house on the estate which in a few years nearly doubled in value, this was boasted about at the time in an unbelievable crass way!). She has had a few lucky breaks, plus a husband with a very healthy six figure salary and a mother of substantial means who can bank roll where required.
Wow wow wow - to be honest I thought it was only a matter of time before a friend appeared on here. I’ve been following her for about 6-7 years and her behaviour over this time has become increasingly manic and her lack of self awareness as you say is unbelievable. Very honest account of your friendship. She’s bound to work out who you are. Ironic isn’t it that the only “success” she’s had on her own without mummy’s money is Instagram where she comes across as narcissistic, money grabbing, freebie grabbing, smug cow. She must be the laughing stock of TW! What a way to live your life with everybody probably laughing at you behind your back. She must have very very thick skin.

Reactions: 4
Well can you imagine Miss Tippy Toes going mad to find out who the poster is. It will be like Colleen and Vardy!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’ve been following her years but recently unfollowed her and so many others. The sheer greed annoyed me, and that had nothing to do with jealousy as I’m comfortable financially but feel when I’m buying from these brands I’m effectively paying for the grammers items too when they are fortunate enough to pay themselves.
Becky has definitely changed over the years, she’s self obsessed, a bragger i such a way it’s frightening and her QVC style ads are cringe worthy, especially as it seems she’s plugging something she wouldn't buy.
I don’t take her seriously these days. Her enthusiasm seems false and I think she needs serious help, her mental health is scary.
Her husband really should be concerned....

Wow wow wow - to be honest I thought it was only a matter of time before a friend appeared on here. I’ve been following her for about 6-7 years and her behaviour over this time has become increasingly manic and her lack of self awareness as you say is unbelievable. Very honest account of your friendship. She’s bound to work out who you are. Ironic isn’t it that the only “success” she’s had on her own without mummy’s money is Instagram where she comes across as narcissistic, money grabbing, freebie grabbing, smug cow. She must be the laughing stock of TW! What a way to live your life with everybody probably laughing at you behind your back. She must have very very thick skin.
I think her venerability posts re being bullied are exaggerated for sympathy/relatable tactics. She’s so up her own arse to care what people think about her.....

Reactions: 3
I think it’s absolutely horrible that someone who is friends with TheHousebuild comes on here and reveals quite a lot of info about her can’t contain their glee in being nasty about her. Close enough that you have lunch in each other’s houses every six weeks or so.

If this person is actually a “friend” best end the friendship and move on. Writing about Her here is very low. Nothing brave about it at all. It actually smacks of jealousy and bitterness.

Reactions: 2
I think it’s absolutely horrible that someone who is friends with TheHousebuild comes on here and reveals quite a lot of info about her can’t contain their glee in being nasty about her. Close enough that you have lunch in each other’s houses every six weeks or so.

If this person is actually a “friend” best end the friendship and move on. Writing about Her here is very low. Nothing brave about it at all. It actually smacks of jealousy and bitterness.
Is this thehousebuild? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
No I’m not, don’t know her, have never her and wouldn’t be her biggest fan at all but how on earth can people think the poster above is brave and caring coming on to this thread writing about her ‘friend’ in such a way ? It‘s actually a form of bullying - knowing someone, being a regular guest in their home, regularly texting, etc and then talking about her vindictively behind her back on a public forum such as this. It’s horrible behaviour.

I’m sure lots are enjoying the gossip from someone ‘in the know’ but stop and think about the nastiness of a friend doing such a thing.
In all fairness, this is a Gossip site. I don’t really see it as bullying. You know exactly what it is. TheHouseBuild does not have to read here, and she also does not have to share every aspect of her life so publicly.
By the sounds of the poster, it looks highly likely that their friendship is due to end anyway.

Reactions: 5
I have just scrolled back to see a builder’s van in one of the early photos. Not sure how much I can say but he is well known in the area for not being pleasant, he would not be someone I would have going anywhere near my family or possessions.

Reactions: 1
I would imagine that this friend knows she has said enough to give herself away and is using this board as a way to get a message across to someone who used to be a dear friend who has lost her way. Perhaps they have tried to say/hint about this in real life or known that if they do that it will be brushed off or ignored or labelled as jealousy. This is the only way to get through. I can't imagine what it will feel like to read it but it seems like a friend trying to tell some home truths :(

Reactions: 4
I'm not trying to be brave or anything else. If you live your life online and let people into every part of your life with the intention of showing how amazing your life is and to make money from them then you have no right to complain when people call you out on it. I don't live my life online, firstly because I have better things to do and secondly because I would not want to open myself up to this sort of hassle. Becks entire life resolves around social media, so much so that her 'business' has taken a back seat. Her day is about trying to obtain as many freebies as possible (the brands are not really significant, if it is free then she will take it!) and posing for photos to try and make her 'followers' envious of how amazing her life it. To be honest it has completely taken over her and her family life. Nothing is about simply enjoying the children or time with family and friends, it is about creating photo/money making opportunities. Even if you go for lunch or out for drinks pictures have to be posed for and probably posted to show off. It is tiresome. In my opinion (and I am certainly not the only one) she has lost her way entirely. I know Andy gets tired off it at times but what can he do? The kids are getting roped in more and more, she is using them to promote products as a way of increasing the amount of freebies gifted. It is not normal behaviour. A few years ago it was just a new thing for her to do and she found it exciting but now it is all consuming. If she was a bit more modest about it and self aware I guess it would be better but it has snowballed and has turned her in to somewhat of a monster. Nothing I am saying is untrue, people have tried to broach the subject face to face in a nice way but it just gets batted away, she won't hear a word against the whole process. Of course the freebies are enjoyed and they have become addictive as well as lucrative. Once an expensive gift is given and worn a couple of times there is always Ebay where a great second income can be earned tax free should you wish to sell it....

Oh and yes the brown stuff has hit the fan!!

Reactions: 11
Eek. Well I think that for the sake of their family life it is good that you are speaking up.
In the time that I have followed her, it is clear that she is not a business woman. A business owner yet but she has totally taken a back seat in favour of social media. I also run a business and I do NOT have time to be swanning around for coffee and lunch like she does so she must have a great team working for her so that she can concentrate on getting freebies. How very sad. I hope you are ok too and the fallout isn't too bad.

Reactions: 6
I'm not trying to be brave or anything else. If you live your life online and let people into every part of your life with the intention of showing how amazing your life is and to make money from them then you have no right to complain when people call you out on it. I don't live my life online, firstly because I have better things to do and secondly because I would not want to open myself up to this sort of hassle. Becks entire life resolves around social media, so much so that her 'business' has taken a back seat. Her day is about trying to obtain as many freebies as possible (the brands are not really significant, if it is free then she will take it!) and posing for photos to try and make her 'followers' envious of how amazing her life it. To be honest it has completely taken over her and her family life. Nothing is about simply enjoying the children or time with family and friends, it is about creating photo/money making opportunities. Even if you go for lunch or out for drinks pictures have to be posed for and probably posted to show off. It is tiresome. In my opinion (and I am certainly not the only one) she has lost her way entirely. I know Andy gets tired off it at times but what can he do? The kids are getting roped in more and more, she is using them to promote products as a way of increasing the amount of freebies gifted. It is not normal behaviour. A few years ago it was just a new thing for her to do and she found it exciting but now it is all consuming. If she was a bit more modest about it and self aware I guess it would be better but it has snowballed and has turned her in to somewhat of a monster. Nothing I am saying is untrue, people have tried to broach the subject face to face in a nice way but it just gets batted away, she won't hear a word against the whole process. Of course the freebies are enjoyed and they have become addictive as well as lucrative. Once an expensive gift is given and worn a couple of times there is always Ebay where a great second income can be earned tax free should you wish to sell it....

I think everything you’ve said has just confirmed what everybody on here has been thinking for some time now. We could all see this coming.

Last edited:

Personally, I’m so glad you’ve opened up about this. I wonder whether she will learn from this or tar you with the same “pond scum” brush as the rest of us. It’ll be interesting to see how and if she reacts. But thank you for showing that actually Tattle is not a trolling site. The woman is clearly addicted to social media and freebies; exploiting her children and others on the way. I would hope she will change her vile ways, take a step back and learn some humility.

I hope the repercussions aren’t too horrendous for you. Friendships like that aren’t healthy. and perhaps it’s good for you to address the issue, raise awareness and hopefully she’ll take notice of her friends who also see that she’s greedy and self absorbed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

Hi Becky.......:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I actually laugh watching stories these days; the idea of sitting talking to your phone and ranting on and on about yourself is such a surreal vision.
“Let’s turn on Instagram, camera, action, me me me me me”.....”let me tell someone about what I had for lunch”....”let me tell you that I’ve just had a bath with x y and z products”.
It actually makes me laugh thinking about the process and reality of sat talking to a phone.

Reactions: 9
I actually laugh watching stories these days; the idea of sitting talking to your phone and ranting on and on about yourself is such a surreal vision.
“Let’s turn on Instagram, camera, action, me me me me me”.....”let me tell someone about what I had for lunch”....”let me tell you that I’ve just had a bath with x y and z products”.
It actually makes me laugh thinking about the process and reality of sat talking to a phone.
This is so true... plus with THB she cant seem to say something and then switch off. She says what a lovely sky and then is still going on about it 10 minutes later. Someone else mentioned up thread that they see thousands of dots at the top of insta stories and just switches off. I am the same.

Reactions: 12

It’s......... Rebecca Doyle’s account.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

The old jealousy and bitterness card 🙄. Even using this as an excuse for the end of a friendship suggests arrogance and someone who is so me me me.
Qualities in a friend checklist....someone who talks about themselves ✔....someone who brags ✔......a freeloader ✔......someone who wants everyone to be envious ✔.....yeah everyone wants a friend like that....says no one!!!!
The truth may hurt but who needs a friend like that, there are far more genuine nice people to befriend.

Reactions: 7
When you see it all written out by someone who knows the situation from an insider's point of view, it just reads like textbook addiction. Addicted to the gifts, freebies, the ads and the attention and praise that comes from followers. Needing to constantly be "on" the whole time presenting the perfect image. Being enabled by some family members who also clearly get a kick from it all and dismissing attempts from well meaning friends who suspect there may be a problem. But so completely wrapped up in it all that they can't possibly see it. What would it take for things to change? You just have to look at people like MOD to see how fragile the whole thing is and how things can crash and burn overnight and I can't help thinking that the ones pushing this influencer nonsense to the limits (with excessive bragging, consumption, ads, freebies) are in line for a big fall. It can't go on surely.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.