The House Build #3 Beggy Beck’s House Build with Ad/Aff link & pointy toe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am so glad I found this thread, I've been lurking here reading for a while but today's post really pushed me to say something.

I've been following THB since very early on and I enjoyed her content when she was mid-build and it was nice to see the house come together.
But I have to agree with everything that's been said on here so far - she has become far too full of herself, using insta to flog everything that comes her way. I can't stand her now.

The new puppy scenario is completely made up, we have been looking for the same breed since mid last year but they get snapped up SO quickly, especially if you are looking for a home breeder who actually cares for their dogs and not a puppy mill. There is no way this came about so quickly, she would have been on a waiting list for months and you're also notified immediately when the puppies are born, you get progress pics etc etc.

Seriously though, this morning's post was sick. Apparently only the lucky ones don't have to compromise on anything, does she not consider herself lucky then? I mean her priorities that she would not budge on were only a vanity unit, massive freestanding bath, a fancy fireplace, huge kitchen and bespoke wardrobes for her dressing room??? What planet is she on?!

She must be deranged to think that's an appropriate post in the current climate. People have lost family and friends, jobs, businesses, struggling with mental health and missing human connection and she is rabbiting on about her marble bathrrom and apparently doesn't consider herself lucky? Some people are having to compromise between being able to buy enough food to eat and keeping the house warm for goodness' sake!

It really just shows how out of touch she is with real life and it's vile.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I am so glad I found this thread, I've been lurking here reading for a while but today's post really pushed me to say something.

I've been following THB since very early on and I enjoyed her content when she was mid-build and it was nice to see the house come together.
But I have to agree with everything that's been said on here so far - she has become far too full of herself, using insta to flog everything that comes her way. I can't stand her now.

The new puppy scenario is completely made up, we have been looking for the same breed since mid last year but they get snapped up SO quickly, especially if you are looking for a home breeder who actually cares for their dogs and not a puppy mill. There is no way this came about so quickly, she would have been on a waiting list for months and you're also notified immediately when the puppies are born, you get progress pics etc etc.

Seriously though, this morning's post was sick. Apparently only the lucky ones don't have to compromise on anything, does she not consider herself lucky then? I mean her priorities that she would not budge on were only a vanity unit, massive freestanding bath, a fancy fireplace, huge kitchen and bespoke wardrobes for her dressing room??? What planet is she on?!

She must be deranged to think that's an appropriate post in the current climate. People have lost family and friends, jobs, businesses, struggling with mental health and missing human connection and she is rabbiting on about her marble bathrrom and apparently doesn't consider herself lucky? Some people are having to compromise between being able to buy enough food to eat and keeping the house warm for goodness' sake!

It really just shows how out of touch she is with real life and it's vile.
👏 this! I felt the exact same. Cracks started showing when she was worried about the £11k a month on the credit card. Read the room love! I think she lost a lot of followers after that. Then how terribly hard she worked in her Mum’s shop but she was never actually there. There are such inspirational accounts on insta, whereby they show you some amazing stuff you can do. She doesn’t do anything apart from swipe ups and cut and paste positivity quotes. The day of the ‘look at us in the formal living room, listening to classical music’ was an all time low. Stop bragging!!!

Reactions: 9
👏 this! I felt the exact same. Cracks started showing when she was worried about the £11k a month on the credit card. Read the room love! I think she lost a lot of followers after that. Then how terribly hard she worked in her Mum’s shop but she was never actually there. There are such inspirational accounts on insta, whereby they show you some amazing stuff you can do. She doesn’t do anything apart from swipe ups and cut and paste positivity quotes. The day of the ‘look at us in the formal living room, listening to classical music’ was an all time low. Stop bragging!!!
Whats the credit card thing? I've followed her for a long time but missed that!

Reactions: 5
In the early days, talking about the stress of building. Someone called her out on it, saying it was ridiculous to say that. Things like that should remain private.

8th September 2018

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
In the early days, talking about the stress of building. Someone called her out on it, saying it was ridiculous to say that. Things like that should remain private.

8th September 2018
This post is absolute bollock; you can achieve anything if you work hard at it implying those who don't work hard (her definition) won’t have what she has. She is deluded if she thinks for one minutes she would have any of this is Mr D was not in banking getting a massive bonus every year. She simply does not know the meaning of working hard.

Attachments

Reactions: 8

8th September 2018
Thanks. I've now read it and have so many comments!!!!!!! They had to borrow the money for their first deposit (with interest). 'With interest' WTAF??? Is someone out there borrowing without interest? Cos if they are, can you let me know how that works, I'm missing out!!!! I want to scream!!!!

As for the £11k payments on credit cards. But you could afford it though Becks?? Clearly you could. You've not defaulted and didn't lose your house because of the debt, like other people do every day...so please stop with sympathy fishing. I'd love to have a £11k a month credit card bill, because I'd be earning the money to pay for it. duck OFF!!!!

OMG wish I'd never asked now and seen that Post! 🤦‍♀️

This post is absolute bollock; you can achieve anything if you work hard at it implying those who don't work hard (her definition) won’t have what she has. She is deluded if she thinks for one minutes she would have any of this is Mr D was not in banking getting a massive bonus every year. She simply does not know the meaning of working hard.
All down to chocolate areas by the looks of it!!

All down to chocolate areas by the looks of it!!
Spread!! Not areas 🙄

Oh and the ‘been to 15 schools and she was bullied’. Seriously? That’s more than one a year??

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I have one question?! How can one account have so many questions being asked that start with, ‘Who’s’
Sorry, I don’t buy it! If it’s her, replying to herself with a supposedly law degree...then shame on her, or the said university that doled out that qualification!!

Oh my god, I missed that one too!

How absolutely class-less and trashy is that! I've just gone back to the post and had a read. I've noticed that many interiors instas are asked about their budgets and build/reno costs but they never say. Probably because they are smart enough to know that the majority cannot afford what they're doing so don't want to turn their followers off (and are self aware enough to realise their privilege and don't want to rub it in THAT much).

Meanwhile THB is humble-bragging by pretending they were worried about paying that much debt off per month when the vast, vast majority of people don't make anywhere close to that amount. She really has no idea how bad it makes her look, she just wants people to know how much money they have.

• Sick
Reactions: 6
I have one question?! How can one account have so many questions being asked that start with, ‘Who’s’
Sorry, I don’t buy it! If it’s her, replying to herself with a supposedly law degree...then shame on her, or the said university that doled out that qualification!!
All totally staged. Also didn’t do law for long as that required some work. Then set up a jewellery business and had 1 day maternity leave (let’s not forget that), as didn’t want to let clients down. It must have been the selling of this business which created the budget for the build. Poor Mr D and his banking bonuses never got a look in! Where are they then?

Reactions: 7
I don’t even know where to start. The woman
is f**king deranged. Of COURSE she had a dream, a vision of her perfect, adorable puppy sent on a sunbeam directly from God’s palm, kissed by dewdrops and bestowed with the blessings of a hundred Botoxed Instahuns. Or, in a nutshell -she got a dog.

I cannot cope with the constant stream of bullshit that flows from those over-inflated lips. And lest we forget, “you lovely lot” (vom) -it wasn’t just any old puppy, it was the tiniest,most vulnerable, hand-raised, pipette-fed, runtiest runt of all! Because otherwise just how would us mere mortals know of Mother Teresa’s of Calwoofa’s selfless acts of salvation. Just one word springs to mind for you, Becks -it rhymes with runt
Brilliantly put!!! Teresa of Calwoofa - omg!!! Pmsl!!!

Wow!!! I wasn’t following her when this post was done. OMG!!! What a deluded dick she was and still is. £11,000 a month. Who the hell has that kind of money? Surely someone from a banking background like Mr D would have the finances wrapped up with a bow? She’s a liar and a fantasist. Sad thing is that no one cares how rich people are - just be genuine and your followers will admire you for that.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
All totally staged. Also didn’t do law for long as that required some work. Then set up a jewellery business and had 1 day maternity leave (let’s not forget that), as didn’t want to let clients down. It must have been the selling of this business which created the budget for the build. Poor Mr D and his banking bonuses never got a look in! Where are they then?
Absolutely no bloody way was it the selling of her business that paid for the build. It would have been the sale of her previous house as the deposit for the original plot and house and then a monstrous mortgage plus loads of stuff put on credit cards until Mr D's bonus came though every year. I would put her salary from the shop at no more than £40k he is probably on £250k (perhaps more) basic plus mad bankers bonus. They bought the house for £1.5 and probably spent at least £250k on it maybe a bit less. Let it be said their mortgage will be MASSIVE. They have two children at private school which will be £40k conservative estimate with all extras. Bear in mind just paying school fees is a basic wage of £58k per year. Then there are the holidays. I earn well and have a child at private school and go on nice holidays each year but I am not in their league. Don't worry though everyone if we all work a bit harder we can have that life.

Absolutely no bloody way was it the selling of her business that paid for the build. It would have been the sale of her previous house as the deposit for the original plot and house and then a monstrous mortgage plus loads of stuff put on credit cards until Mr D's bonus came though every year. I would put her salary from the shop at no more than £40k he is probably on £250k (perhaps more) basic plus mad bankers bonus. They bought the house for £1.5 and probably spent at least £250k on it maybe a bit less. Let it be said their mortgage will be MASSIVE. They have two children at private school which will be £40k conservative estimate with all extras. Bear in mind just paying school fees is a basic wage of £58k per year. Then there are the holidays. I earn well and have a child at private school and go on nice holidays each year but I am not in their league. Don't worry though everyone if we all work a bit harder we can have that life.
Blimey!! They paid 1.5 for the house? Didn’t realise it was that much. You are right - two kids at private school at the same time is a whopper of a bill. Her business and earnings probably pay for the weekly grocery bill - she’s never frigging there!

If we're reminiscing over her humble bragging, does anyone remember the time she said they'd had an estate agent round to value the house just as they had finished most of the renovations and she said something like the value has gone up considerably since we bought and we're so happy with the number, can't remember the exact wording but it was so classless. I remember thinking at the time (knowing how much they'd paid for it) that they'd got a £2m valuation that they'd been hoping for.

If we're reminiscing over her humble bragging, does anyone remember the time she said they'd had an estate agent round to value the house just as they had finished most of the renovations and she said something like the value has gone up considerably since we bought and we're so happy with the number, can't remember the exact wording but it was so classless. I remember thinking at the time (knowing how much they'd paid for it) that they'd got a £2m valuation that they'd been hoping for.
I remember this. She said they were celebrating that night about it. I’m guessing the valuation was for a remortgage so the debt would be out in one place rather than cards.
There was also the ‘exciting project’ abroad she was boasting about a year or so ago which came to nothing. She was sharing images of villas as inspiration and hints.

Reactions: 2
I remember this. She said they were celebrating that night about it. I’m guessing the valuation was for a remortgage so the debt would be out in one place rather than cards.
There was also the ‘exciting project’ abroad she was boasting about a year or so ago which came to nothing. She was sharing images of villas as inspiration and hints.
What happened to the planning permission for a bungalow ? Where the garage is I think ?

There was also talk about them doing something as a family that was going to change their lives, implied the kids were going to be involved in something. That might have been around the time they did that photo shoot for the silk pyjamas and I wondered whether they were going to sign up to some sort of modelling agency "en famille" what with them being the picture perfect family and all. Didn't seem to come to anything.

• Haha
Don’t forget the investigation into him fiddling his expenses. Someone who knew them was on here mentioning that. Bless him! He had to find it somehow!

There was also talk about them doing something as a family that was going to change their lives, implied the kids were going to be involved in something. That might have been around the time they did that photo shoot for the silk pyjamas and I wondered whether they were going to sign up to some sort of modelling agency "en famille" what with them being the picture perfect family and all. Didn't seem to come to anything.
I read your first sentence and was going to reply with pyjamagate! That was hilarious!! How uncomfortable was that show!!

Brilliantly put!!! Teresa of Calwoofa - omg!!! Pmsl!!!

Wow!!! I wasn’t following her when this post was done. OMG!!! What a deluded dick she was and still is. £11,000 a month. Who the hell has that kind of money? Surely someone from a banking background like Mr D would have the finances wrapped up with a bow? She’s a liar and a fantasist. Sad thing is that no one cares how rich people are - just be genuine and your followers will admire you for that.
11k isnt that just part of their one splash out holiday and then they have several more holidays

What happened to the planning permission for a bungalow ? Where the garage is I think ?
I was just thinking about that. I think they got permission but not started it yet. Has anyone noticed she never mentions her mum anymore who was moving but her hasnt posted anything for ages

I was joking regarding the sale of the jewellery business. She made a comment about the assumption that she was a kept woman but it was definitely not like that in their house. Errr well either there’s a Frickin magic porridge pot or it definitely is the case love 🤣🤣

11k isnt that just part of their one splash out holiday and then they have several more holidays

I was just thinking about that. I think they got permission but not started it yet. Has anyone noticed she never mentions her mum anymore who was moving but her hasnt posted anything for ages
Whatever happened to the person who knew her and said the MIL hated her, as Mr D was working his fingers to the bone (or manipulating his expenses to the bone) and she was spending it all!

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.