The Home That Made Me #7 Pillock in the ‘paddock’, more like lardon in the garden

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No she’s putting all those hopes and dreams on the daughter now.

Reactions: 2
Why brick up the door that’s going to be en-suite before the works done?! Now the workmen have to assess it through bedroom😫 good luck getting a bath through 2 rooms

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Why brick up the door that’s going to be en-suite before the works done?! Now the workmen have to assess it through bedroom😫 good luck getting a bath through 2 rooms
Literally just came here to say that!! She's in such a rush she just never thinks of the practicality of anything!

Reactions: 11
Why not just keep the en-suite where it is and knock the bedroom and that other room into one, seems like a massive faff moving all that plumbing. Block up the current door into the en-suite from the bedroom then she’d have that whole wall to move the bed over and punch a new access way into the room she wants to be the en-suite.! Phew hope that made sense, would be cheaper I reckon . Moving plumbing is expensive

Reactions: 14
The care she’s taking to dismantle those wardrobes would suggest to me they’ll be on Facebook marketplace before the end of today 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Why not just keep the en-suite where it is and knock the bedroom and that other room into one, seems like a massive faff moving all that plumbing. Block up the current door into the en-suite from the bedroom then she’d have that whole wall to move the bed over and punch a new access way into the room she wants to be the en-suite.! Phew hope that made sense, would be cheaper I reckon . Moving plumbing is expensive
Exactly! Or I think if it were me, I'd knock all three rooms into one have a lovely freestanding bath and it would be a nice big master bedroom! They don't have the funds for that though...

Reactions: 5
Agree. Surely a bigger walk in wardrobe(especially with the bedroom being so small) makes more sense than a large ensuite. I mean you're not spending that long in there are you really.

Reactions: 4
Such a good option this 👌
She will be gutted when she reads this. 🤣

• Haha
Why the hell isn’t she investing in speaking to an architect?! You can always tell when someone has done bits and pieces themselves at different times. This home is not going to flow well at all. And as for bricking up a backdoor when you are so early i be your ‘renovation’. Start from the top and work down 🫣

Reactions: 7
Moving the dressing room and ensuite over.......why??? What a pointless and costly exercise.

She literally has zero vision. One trick pony of an interior designer that's for sure!!!

Reactions: 6
The ‘before and after’ of the wardrobes looked not much different.

I agree with the comments about the en suite. So what you will walk through a walk in wardrobe to the ensuite? I thought she was going to say they would keep the ensuite where it is and do a walk in closet leading in from.

This house looks big from the outside but is so pokey and small from the inside. Each and every room she has shown seems way smaller than the rooms she had in her old house. I just don’t understand the move and why you would sell a perfectly beautiful home in a town you love with all your family and friends, to move somewhere you don’t know anyone and are not familiar with the surroundings. The fact that her parents came along just makes my mind boggle. Give it a year and she’ll still be unhappy, even though she’ll constantly try and tell us that this is her dream. This whole renovation/decoration just seems so rushed and poorly considered. The money she must be burning through must be considerable. It’s like those people who have to spend money because to them it’s like the money is burning a hole in their pockets!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.