The Home That Made Me #6 Justice for Rory

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tbf she had a cheek tagging farrow and ball in the first place when she used to get her paint colour matched from a cheaper place!
Yeah I’m sure she used to colour match it on Decorating Centre online and get Leyland Trade sample pots and put them in to smaller “Charlotte Valentine Interiors” pots 🤢 secondhand embarrassment.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Why did she seem surprised the paint looked different in a different room? I’m pretty sure her 1 weekend course would have covered the difference lighting and position can make to the colour choice of a room. Who doesn’t search it onto a4 paper and have them on each different wall to see what it’s like in different lights, times etc.
Her comments about budgets are so contradictory and I expect she’s isolated herself from a number of big, decent accounts who have saved and are doing their renovations correctly. They will have also planned these for months if not years, will have got all the trades booked (it shouldn’t be a shock at any point that you have to sometimes wait months for decent workers to have availability) so can actually treat it like a project and get it done in a certain amount of time.
Glad to hear she won’t be getting more free flooring. I know a friend who did message them at the time to say she was disappointed they were giving freebies to an Insta account instead of helping out someone else more in need. Sounds like maybe getting this kind of feedback (and seeing the poor quality advertisement that was their ‘reward’) actually made them realise not all publicity is good publicity

Reactions: 18
She also has big plans for that tiled floor. Is that another ‘sophisticated Lino’ incoming.

It’s either that or painting the existing tiles which I’ve seen these so called ‘Insta interior designers’ are renowned for

Reactions: 12
She also has big plans for that tiled floor. Is that another ‘sophisticated Lino’ incoming.

It’s either that or painting the existing tiles which I’ve seen these so called ‘Insta interior designers’ are renowned for
She's going to paint and then stencil that floor for definite

Reactions: 13
Also the log burner is way too big for that fireplace - it’s basically touching the wall each side! Another rushed job - others would have got the fireplace rebuilt, plastered (because who wants exposed orange brick) and then put the beam in….

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
That fireplace wall is bleeping awful. Like previous poster said, re plaster the whole room. Get rid of that bleeping ugly dado rail. Get a real log burner. Ffs do it properly.
We have lived in our doer upper for 4 years, we are still trudging through. We lived with our crappy front door right up until last month when my husband managed to get one for free, because it wasn't an important job and we couldn't spare the money. Bodge Lodge is 100% correct. She is a disgrace. I'm glad the floor company didn't give her more freebies. She deserves nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
If this is forever home as she would have to remove parents to. What’s the rush. Just a little build hasn’t touched hers !

Reactions: 6
The bleeping cheek of her saying the previous owners bodged the interiors 🤯 coming from the bleeping queen of budge 😂 piss of miss piggy, and take Kermit Joe with you 🖕🏼

Reactions: 8
How can you call yourself an interior designer, and then leave gaps like this at the top of the door? Has she never heard of filler or caulk?

DF9537D7-CA11-43F6-8094-F24AF58F199C.png

Reactions: 6
Why bother caulking when youve got a bumblebee knocker.

Polishing a turd springs to mind
And paint on the glass. I know she said she scrapes it off with a blade, but surely you’d do that before moving on to the knocker?

Reactions: 5
Also the log burner is way too big for that fireplace - it’s basically touching the wall each side! Another rushed job - others would have got the fireplace rebuilt, plastered (because who wants exposed orange brick) and then put the beam in….
Agreed!! I had mine installed professionally and he talked me through all the ins and outs before he agreed to installing it. The brick thing, she’s absolutely following the Hinch creature! Then the house will have panelling throughout and the tv room (like Hinch) will be a cosy dark room set up with snacks…….

Reactions: 1
Th sweeping montages have started again. Despite a lot of space, it’s not exactly the most exciting or inspiring landscape to be filming.

Reactions: 4
The log burner is only an electric one, she brought it with her from the old house. Agree it does look a bit squashed in though.

Just watched todays posts and realised we've not had any 6am dog walk montages recently... then thought bet the dogs don't get proper walks now they've got a big garden. Lazy arse will be too busy paining in that god awful overalls to take them on proper walks to get the exercise and mental stimulation that they need and will just assume that letting them into the big garden will be enough!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.