The Home That Made Me #5 Off I go pony trotting, while my 150 year old windows are rotting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does she think no one else lives in an old house? Hers isn’t even that old comparative to many in the UK. Ours is over 600 years old 🤷🏼‍♀️ Does she think we care some middle aged man came for a lurk round her house?

Reactions: 13
Does she think no one else lives in an old house? Hers isn’t even that old comparative to many in the UK. Ours is over 600 years old 🤷🏼‍♀️ Does she think we care some middle aged man came for a lurk round her house?
I can't believe he was only 48 😭 I thought it would be a doddery old man in his 90s who remembers hiding in an Anderson shelter in the garden, not a guy in his 40s 😂
And why would he even want to come round to see the house? It has no original features whatsoever- bar the crappy windows 🤢- everything's painted beige, they have laminate over the floorboards, there's an extension whacked on the back and artificial turf in the garden. It's hardly an episode of Who do you think you are?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
It’s so bizarre, I thought she’d made a typo when saying he’d lived there 80-92 or whatever it was. She really made him sound elderly. The repetition of “he remembers” on each story slide got on my nerves too.

Reactions: 6
48?! 😂😂😂😂😂😂 I’m only a few years younger. Maybe I’ll knock on the door of my 70’s childhood home and see if they want to hear the ‘history’ of it 😂

Oh wow! I bet it’s amazing!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
‘One of those landline things’ talking as if they are ancient and unheard of now. I still have one for my internet 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I can't believe he was only 48 😭 I thought it would be a doddery old man in his 90s who remembers hiding in an Anderson shelter in the garden, not a guy in his 40s 😂
And why would he even want to come round to see the house? It has no original features whatsoever- bar the crappy windows 🤢- everything's painted beige, they have laminate over the floorboards, there's an extension whacked on the back and artificial turf in the garden. It's hardly an episode of Who do you think you are?
I’ve just watched the story and thought exactly the same thing…. How totally bizarre to bleat on like it was an episode of ‘how we used to live’ for it to actually be a guy in his 40’s.
What a weirdo… 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I can’t be bothered to watch her myself but I’m loving your comments! 😂 wow! The woman is actually deranged! Is she that bored she’s pulling this tit up for content?! What a sad act, she has such a high opinion of herself!

Reactions: 6
I stopped watching when she said he loved the windows 😂

Loving the comments though, I was under the impression it was an elderly man that was visiting.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m not necessarily surprised about that, it is a 4 bed detached house, house prices have risen. I think it’s over priced but probably not by a lot. I doubt there will be a lot of interest. If I had £850k to spend it wouldn’t be on that.

Reactions: 5
I’m not necessarily surprised about that, it is a 4 bed detached house, house prices have risen. I think it’s over priced but probably not by a lot. I doubt there will be a lot of interest. If I had £850k to spend it wouldn’t be on that.
I think it is over priced but I guess it depends on the area.
Considering they bought it for 300k 7 years ago its mental

Reactions: 2
True but house prices have gone ridiculous. My area has gone up by 25% in the last year alone. I doubt it will sell for that but who even knows any more.

A 4 bed semi down the same street (similar and slightly smaller) went for 410 last year...

True but house prices have gone ridiculous. My area has gone up by 25% in the last year alone. I doubt it will sell for that but who even knows any more.
oh gosh yeah I know.. its crazy. We bought last year and our house (a 4 bed detached) has gone up 80k in 9 months.

Last edited:
She’s probably picked the best time to sell now tbh as like many of you have said, the housing market has gone crazy the past 2 yrs, if her mother managed to sell her house of horrors Charlotte will sell hers too

If hers mums house has sold that quick can't see it taking long. Even with the botch jobs the actual bones of the house are good, room sizes etc. I wouldn't buy it because if I was spending nearly a million on a house I'd want more than a postage stamp size garden but I don't know her area so that might be common around there.

I’m sure it will sell quickly, but I’m sure the new owners will have a headache (THE WINDOWS!!!) that Range Rover looks like a right rust bucket too, I wouldn’t have had it on the drive for pictures 🤔

Even if she sells for 850 (unlikely but then stranger things have happened), what can she buy though - because house prices have risen everywhere so anywhere that she previously aspired to buy will also have gone up in price.
Also curious as to whether her mum is moving with her, in which case I suppose they do have a good budget if they’re combining their houses sale proceeds.

Reactions: 1
Even if she sells for 850 (unlikely but then stranger things have happened), what can she buy though - because house prices have risen everywhere so anywhere that she previously aspired to buy will also have gone up in price.
Also curious as to whether her mum is moving with her, in which case I suppose they do have a good budget if they’re combining their houses sale proceeds.
I think they are definitely buying somewhere together like they were before. Gives her a much better budget doesn't it and she will probably keep quiet about her mum buying with them so people can think they are super rich when she shows of her new house and all the land she will no doubt have.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.