The Home That Made Me #2 No spend Oct went with a blast, Joe’s not allowed to mention the past

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right?! She was bursting out of that buttoned up blue dress the other day.

(I know you meant pug but I couldn't resist) 😂
I just don’t understand how you allow yourself to slip when you are probably more critical of yourself when you have a phone shoved up to your face almost endlessly, if you are conscious of how you look and are in the “public eye” and loved the weight loss journey before how has she let it creep back on.....looks like she’s gained the full weight loss back.

Reactions: 4
I just don’t understand how you allow yourself to slip when you are probably more critical of yourself when you have a phone shoved up to your face almost endlessly, if you are conscious of how you look and are in the “public eye” and loved the weight loss journey before how has she let it creep back on.....looks like she’s gained the full weight loss back.
Has she? Can you take a screenshot only I’m blocked

Here’s the thing I don’t understand, she admits she has a difficult relationship with food (emotional eater) she knows how difficult it is to maintain weight loss and yet every time she loses its brag brag brag. Her recipes are basic and repetitive and then she is earning from slim fast etc., If you had any sense you would not follow her weight loss advice, or purchase her recommendations. She is no expert and yo-yo dieting is very unhealthy and damaging on her body and metabolism.

Reactions: 5
She has gained so much weight. So whatever it’s her body some might say but given she makes such a song and dance about her weight loss journey I think it’s fair that we comment.
Shes got no staying power, she gets bored, she doesn’t stick at anything and she’ll never slim because ultimately she’s got no staying power.
Agree with the post above - her and Sian post pictures of their massive cooked breakfasts etc and expect to be a size 8 .., go figure.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone else wonder how her and Sian are so close? Sian seems to be so nice and genuine or am I missing something?

To be fair I don’t know how she loses weight when watching what she eats, her portion sizes are HUGE
In all fairness, she loosely follows slimming world and their ethos is that you can eat as much as you like, as long as you're eating because you're hungry (not because you're bored, etc).

Her portions are big but honestly, I lose more (and lots in my SW group too) when I have bigger meals... I don't fully understand how it works, but it has a lot to do with the amount of veg/salad you have on your plate 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
To be fair I don’t know how she loses weight when watching what she eats, her portion sizes are HUGE
It all depends on what you’re putting on the plate, as a pack of biscuits has double the calories of an entire day of healthy eating. I’m sure she binges mostly on carbs/sugar/greasy take away/booze. I know, because I used to be the same. My sister once merely suggested she should look into low carb and Charlotte blocked her for that. I saw the message, it was super kind. Anyway, 11 years ago my sister lost 4 stones and I lost almost 3... The weight is still off. She was just trying to help. I hope Charlotte manages to get back on track; being that overweight isn’t healthy, she’s got two small children and seemed to be much happier when thinner.

Her way or the high way....
She’s young, immature and lacks intelligence or common sense.
She’s enormous because she can’t take advice and has no self discipline.
I get the SW logic but don’t get the need to indulge in a full English breakfast just to stuff your belly when a decent bowl of porridge would suffice. Everything with her in excess.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Here’s the thing I don’t understand, she admits she has a difficult relationship with food (emotional eater) she knows how difficult it is to maintain weight loss and yet every time she loses its brag brag brag. Her recipes are basic and repetitive and then she is earning from slim fast etc., If you had any sense you would not follow her weight loss advice, or purchase her recommendations. She is no expert and yo-yo dieting is very unhealthy and damaging on her body and metabolism.
I completely agree with this. I actually really feel for her because it seems exhausting to live the way she does - it’s so painful to see her cycle through weeks of restriction where her diet and weight loss is her entire focus and seems all consuming, followed by the inevitable binge and regain. I think she could really benefit from seeking professional help to change her attitude towards food. She probably won’t do that. But I do wish she would stop posting advice about weight loss, as she doesn’t seem well placed to be advising anyone.

Re Charlotte more generally - I actually don’t dislike her, I think she seems like a nice enough person and don’t hugely get all the hate (although like everyone else I think her boundaries with Instagram are off, I was very shocked and sad for her poor little girl when she put that vet video up).

The hate she’s getting for the cat on this thread is annoying though. No one here has any idea if he needs to be ‘put out of his misery’; the vet is continuing to treat him which suggests they don’t have ethical concerns. It’s a two year old cat, I can absolutely see the thinking that after a couple of operations he might have a good 15 years of happy life. She can’t really win - had she had him put to sleep people on here would be jumping up and down about how it was all so he didn’t scratch the new sofa!

I do wish she owned her niche a bit more - I would have more respect for her if she admitted that her style was to do up your house on a budget, doing the best you can with DIY etc. Rather than acting like vinyl flooring and tile stickers are the equivalent of a beautifully interior designed home.

Reactions: 19
Anyone know where the rug in her latest ‘interior design’ post is from perhaps? I refuse to message or give any reason for a swipe up aff link (petty I know!)

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Anyone know where the rug in her latest ‘interior design’ post is from perhaps? I refuse to message or give any reason for a swipe up aff link (petty I know!)
A few people have asked on the post but she won't share where she buys things for her clients, I assume it's because she's charged them but then will be giving that info out for free? That rug is lovely though 😍

why would you pay Charlotte money to design a room in your house? i mean lookin at her bloody kitchen floor is enough to put me off...it’s not rocket science..look on pinterest and insta for inspo, i’d much rather look at a beautiful room that i’ve created myself than payin that bogner any money 🙄

Reactions: 5
why would you pay Charlotte money to design a room in your house? i mean lookin at her bloody kitchen floor is enough to put me off...it’s not rocket science..look on pinterest and insta for inspo, i’d much rather look at a beautiful room that i’ve created myself than payin that bogner any money 🙄
I was going to say the same....if I’m going to choose a designer & she posts in social media, I would be aghast at the state of her OWN home especially the state of her kitchen floor or her use of vinyl. And she has the audacity to call herself a designer!

And I really dislike her filming her children while asking what they are grateful for. It’s so contrived😠

Reactions: 6
I was going to say the same....if I’m going to choose a designer & she posts in social media, I would be aghast at the state of her OWN home especially the state of her kitchen floor or her use of vinyl. And she has the audacity to call herself a designer!

And I really dislike her filming her children while asking what they are grateful for. It’s so contrived😠
People have posted before saying she’s not qualified either. I’d never employ her based on the bodge job she does in her own home.
So she’s now posting her daughter on tiktok......seriously?! Yes let her make videos but don’t share them for anyone to see. Completely over exposing her child who is too young to know any different. Though I’m sure of something bad happened due to her oversharing her kids life, she’ll be the first one to shout and play victim rather than accepting she brings it on herself.

People have posted before saying she’s not qualified either. I’d never employ her based on the bodge job she does in her own home.
So she’s now posting her daughter on tiktok......seriously?! Yes let her make videos but don’t share them for anyone to see. Completely over exposing her child who is too young to know any different. Though I’m sure of something bad happened due to her oversharing her kids life, she’ll be the first one to shout and play victim rather than accepting she brings it on herself.
Same as everyone on here has caused her mental health to decline and give her anxiety, for not kissing her arse. She’ll never take accountability for anything!

A few people have asked on the post but she won't share where she buys things for her clients, I assume it's because she's charged them but then will be giving that info out for free? That rug is lovely though 😍
I don’t get why she can’t share where the rug is from though? She charged the client for her ‘interior design’ and being able to put together a room design that they liked. The cost of the items is still the same? Unless she’s charging clients commission on items she buys 🤷🏼‍♀️

I don’t get why she can’t share where the rug is from though? She charged the client for her ‘interior design’ and being able to put together a room design that they liked. The cost of the items is still the same? Unless she’s charging clients commission on items she buys 🤷🏼‍♀️
I think it's because they paid her to source the items, which is essentially her job - so if you want her to 'source' the same rug, lamp, picture frame etc you'd have to pay her fee 🤷🏻‍♀️

They have a rug very similar to this on iRugs.co.uk it’s called the braided jute rug 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.