The Handmaid's Tale

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I LOVED the testaments I read both back to back and I thought it was very clever how it linked to the tv show

Reactions: 2
Just discovered this is on prime.
Yes or no? I don’t have time to invest if it’s rubbish 😂 I get about an hour of child free time a day.

Reactions: 6
I thought it was good, it is gripping. I found season 1 and 2 to be a bit intense with violence and torture though but season 3 was much more bearable. Sorry that’s probably not very helpful! Story line is interesting and there are some great moments, I became pretty invested!

Reactions: 1
So worth it! I binge watched all 3 seasons in a couple of weeks, can’t wait for season 4.

I lost interest.. I felt like season 1 was so good but it went downhill and 2 and 3 where not too good x

I lost interest around season 3 so never finished it, the first two were fantastic I just found June insanely annoying and just want her out of the series. Her doing things and getting away with it was just ruining it when others got punished for less.

I started to watch it but lost interest halfway through the first season and found it draining to watch and when people said the second was even more depressing, decided not to continue it.

I know this is also superficial and shouldn’t have any effect (but it did) but when I found out the main actress was a committed Scientologist, I found it difficult to comprehend how a person following such an ideology could act in something like this and make me, the viewer, sympathetic and rooting for her. But I know that’s just on me.

Reactions: 5
I’m torn with this as I binged watched it and enjoyed it, however it can get a bit annoying and ‘samey’ if that makes sense?
that being said I will probably watch the new season!

I still love it and very ready for season 4.

The first season is very worth watching even if you don't carry it on.

Reactions: 3
I love the handmaids tale although some bits are a bit too scary for me LOL (like when they introduced the new masks when they stayed in a new area) and some of the imagery is a bit haunting!! :(

I really loved the handmaids tale. A little scary because I feel like that crap could happen. At first you think it is ridiculous but when they show how it slowly started.... makes you wonder. Especially as an expat living in the US.

I read the book... It took me a long time as it was so depressing but good. I watched the first few episodes of the show but couldn't stick with it. Personally, I found it too dark and because I had already read the book didn't feel the need to watch it. It felt way more graphic than the book.

Having read the sequel book I’m really excited to see how season 4 goes 👀

I have just found season 3 on Prime. I feel like I have won the lottery. Really looking forward to watching it.

LOVE this show so much! Anyone else have a crush on Nick? Not the actor but the character lol, the actor himself really does nothing for me. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Embarrassed!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Love it!
Although we watched the first 3 episodes of season 2 in one go - I felt miserable for ages! Decided after that to never binge-watch them.
I'm really looking forward to the next season, not sure how it's being delivered yet, it might be in two halves