The Handmaid's Tale

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Started this last week. Its really good, however I just can’t warm to the main character or feel too sorry for her. Hated her in mad men too. surprised she took this role as she is a hardcore scientologist.

Reactions: 1
I am currently on the last episode of season 2 I am OBSESSED with it.
Anyone else currently watching it?

I started it a couple of weeks ago and I’m already on season 3. I found the first 2 seasons really gripping, however season 3 feels like it doesn’t really know where it’s going. Things can get a bit samey and I agree, June gets away with so much compared to other women in Gilead!

Reactions: 2
Just finished season 3, after what felt like the biggest wait to get it online.
I found this season really depressing, and everything just felt so hopeless, like there just doesn't seem to be any way of coming out of this. Can't wait for season 4.

Reactions: 3
I started it a couple of weeks ago and I’m already on season 3. I found the first 2 seasons really gripping, however season 3 feels like it doesn’t really know where it’s going. Things can get a bit samey and I agree, June gets away with so much compared to other women in Gilead!
Yeh I agree, I will watch season 4 but I find a lot with American shows that have good ratings they never want to end them and they get dragged on longer than they should, Im interested to see how they incorporate The Testments book

Reactions: 3
Yeah that’s why I went off The Walking Dead - just felt it became so samey and predictable. They didn’t want to end it but they didn’t know how to extend it and keep it going. I fear The Handsmaid Tale will go the same way.

Yeah that’s why I went off The Walking Dead - just felt it became so samey and predictable. They didn’t want to end it but they didn’t know how to extend it and keep it going. I fear The Handsmaid Tale will go the same way.
Yeah I fear they will ruin it if they don't end it soon. Hurry up the revolution already

Thought they had confirmed season 4 was the last one?

I haven’t read the books so no idea how accurate the show is, can’t see June getting an happy ending though.

Hmm I read that they said they would go on and on.... I even heard 10 seasons mentioned! But maybe this was before season 3 reception and they have had a rethink?!

• Wow
Thought they had confirmed season 4 was the last one?

I haven’t read the books so no idea how accurate the show is, can’t see June getting an happy ending though.
the first season is pretty accurate but updated, the latter 2 seasons have nothing to do with the book

Exactly! End on a bang rather than keep flogging the same old dead horse season after season!!
yeh how many times can June almost but then not escape?

Reactions: 4
Hmm I read that they said they would go on and on.... I even heard 10 seasons mentioned! But maybe this was before season 3 reception and they have had a rethink?!
I also gave up walking dead for the same reason it dragged on, it would have much more impact if it finished at season 4.

At the same time I wouldn't want a game of thrones and a revolution rushed.

the first season is pretty accurate but updated, the latter 2 seasons have nothing to do with the book

This 🙄 Still enjoyed the last season though, it felt really depressing and I almost felt like June, trapped, might be all these covid restrictions getting to me though 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I also gave up walking dead for the same reason it dragged on, it would have much more impact if it finished at season 4.

This 🙄 Still enjoyed the last season though, it felt really depressing and I almost felt like June, trapped, might be all these covid restrictions getting to me though 😅
I almost wish they'd let her escape then let someone else take over? but as she is a producer I guess she wants to stay as the main character? (sorry if these are spoliers for anyone I do not know how to put in the spoiler thing!)

(sorry if these are spoliers for anyone I do not know how to put in the spoiler thing!)
Probably is a spoiler, just removed incase 😅

Id like June to remain the main character, otherwise it goes more into spin off category.

if you want really depressing "the Barrier" on netflix which is a spanish show... it is like an extreme version of covid... do not know why i started watching but am now hooked and have to continue :LOL:

Probably is a spoiler, just removed incase 😅

Id like June to remain the main character, otherwise it goes more into spin off category.
thanks! I think regardless they will end up doing a spin off if it ends with season 4

I’m sure I read they were already planning a spin off based on the Testaments. I think it would be great but would prefer it to be a one/two series thing rather than draw it out. Those who have read the book will know why.

Exactly, it gets boring very quickly!!