The Handmaid's Tale

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sure I read they were already planning a spin off based on the Testaments. I think it would be great but would prefer it to be a one/two series thing rather than draw it out. Those who have read the book will know why.
agree 100%. To anyone who hasn;t read the book of the handmaid's tale I would really recommend it, I read it in school at about 14/15 (as you would imagine some of the scenes were veryyyy awkward to read in class) The Testaments has some good parts but some of it I didn't like (still worth a read though)

Reactions: 2
Are they really going to keep this going for 10 seasons? It's one of the best new shows of recent years but despite the world having so many possibilities I can see it getting worse with each season. Will they kill off June and switch to someone else? They can't slow it down anymore.

Episode 3.10 was incredibly satisfying with that incinerator. How the Waterford's managed to cross the border without noticing does deify logic. As does there was a plane a walk away and they managed to get 50 children (the most valuable thing) on there.

I'm still confused how nick got shot in the plane while trying to escape with June. Then June returned back to normal, guess that's all explained by whatever an eye is .

Seasons 1-3 I think are supposed to be 5 years in Gilead but honestly would it even survive 2 years with all the economic sanctions and being cut off? I know their miliary is supposed to be strong, but in the modern supply chain they'd very quickly run low on resources, especially if they keep fighting wars. But I'm probably thinking too much into it.😅

Reactions: 4
Its stupid they keep making up reasons for her not to leave Gilead. Get the revolution done with already. Or get June out and focus on some new characters maybe. I hate when they drag out a drama for years😄

Reactions: 4
If they drag this for 10 seasons it’s going to lose viewers!
I hate when something good turns into something boring and over done. Just one more season I think and let it go.

Reactions: 1
There’s already a handmaids tale thread, they were waiting on the sequel book the testaments for the show to know what direction to send it in 😉

Well worth reading the book!

I have just seen the last episode of s3. (Spoilers) if June and the other handmaids didn’t get on the plane to Canada won’t they just be executed?

It does look promising, hopefully it'll get back on track (and then end it all on season 5!). April is much earlier than I thought it would be back by.

I can't see her actually killing aunt Lydia until the show ends!

Merged the 4 different threads together

It does look promising, hopefully it'll get back on track (and then end it all on season 5!). April is much earlier than I thought it would be back by.

I can't see her actually killing aunt Lydia until the show ends!

Merged the 4 different threads together
@Yel it’s going to be interesting if they follow the Testaments 😶

@Yel it’s going to be interesting if they follow the Testaments 😶
No spoilers please 😬, but I've not read the original book - should I read that before reading the testaments?

The reviews of it weren't great (guess that's expected following a classic), but this thread has convinced me otherwise.

No spoilers please 😬, but I've not read the original book - should I read that before reading the testaments?

The reviews of it weren't great (guess that's expected following a classic), but this thread has convinced me otherwise.
I don’t think you need to read the original book, there are some changes but nothing that would distract.

I definitely prefer the original, but the testaments was good, and has motivated me to keep watching the series. Up until now it just felt like it going nowhere

I don’t think you need to read the original book, there are some changes but nothing that would distract.

I definitely prefer the original, but the testaments was good, and has motivated me to keep watching the series. Up until now it just felt like it going nowhere
Ah thank you :)

I'm hoping in interviews leading up to season 4 the show runners admit some of the mistakes of the past two seasons and change their mind on dragging it out for 10+ seasons. That would give me some confidence.

Does anyone know if it's released all in one go or week by week? I think as Hulu it'll be week by week and god knows when it'll come to Amazon prime

Ah thank you :)

I'm hoping in interviews leading up to season 4 the show runners admit some of the mistakes of the past two seasons and change their mind on dragging it out for 10+ seasons. That would give me some confidence.

Does anyone know if it's released all in one go or week by week? I think as Hulu it'll be week by week and god knows when it'll come to Amazon prime
Channel 4 had the first viewing if the previous seasons and it was week by week (but we were a couple of weeks behind Hulu)

there are bits of the Testaments that are good, such as details of how thye set up things at the start of the regime such as the system with the Aunts, I would recomend reading Handmaid's Tale first though

I've literally binged this in a few days. Absolutely amazing! What does everyone think is going to happen in season 4? I see they have renewed it for a season 5 too!

I think it’ll depend massively on what impact covid has had on filming to be honest. I wonder if they’ll delay until they can get it all how they want it.

edit - just saw on IMDb it’s ready to go in April so ignore the above! 🙈

I've literally binged this in a few days. Absolutely amazing! What does everyone think is going to happen in season 4? I see they have renewed it for a season 5 too!
I love it but I think extending it to 5 series is a mistake tbh, how many more times can June almost escape?

I love it but I think extending it to 5 series is a mistake tbh, how many more times can June almost escape?
I thought the ending of s3 was ridiculous. As if she could go back and not be captured and executed

I thought the ending of s3 was ridiculous. As if she could go back and not be captured and executed
this is the problem with a lot of (especially american) tv shows imo, they are successful so they don't want to end them bt they start running out of storylines

Reactions: 3