The Handmaid's Tale

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm caught up too, I'm glad I didn't give up watching. The finale was fantastic. Season 4 better explain Nick more, I missed him and want answers.
I am looking forward to season 4 but to me there seems to be too many different plot lines to cover.

Gilead
Canada
The Waterford's trial
Nick

I only watched the first season of Orange is the new black but on another forum someone was saying that they took the lead character (Piper) and after 4 or so seasons moved her to the ensemble cast and focused on others. I'd like to see them do the same with June. She's done her bit now and I'd like to see how other characters like Nick develop and perhaps the Marthas and their underground network/possible terrorism. Another season of June's pained face and endless search for Hannah is going to be hard work.

Still loved it though.

Reactions: 8
I am looking forward to season 4 but to me there seems to be too many different plot lines to cover.

Gilead
Canada
The Waterford's trial
Nick

I only watched the first season of Orange is the new black but on another forum someone was saying that they took the lead character (Piper) and after 4 or so seasons moved her to the ensemble cast and focused on others. I'd like to see them do the same with June. She's done her bit now and I'd like to see how other characters like Nick develop and perhaps the Marthas and their underground network/possible terrorism. Another season of June's pained face and endless search for Hannah is going to be hard work.

Still loved it though.
The Martha's would be interesting to watch, they appear extremely clever women with their codes. I'm guessing Nick saves June from the wall with Aunt Lydia's help, saves Serena by confirming the affair and she sacrifices Nicole, I want to see more of Emily too, I felt her story was left wide open.

Reactions: 2
The “daddy” moment didn’t make much sense.

Earlier in the episode Rebecca told June she didn’t remember anything about what life was like before Gilead. A day later she recognises a man to be her dad.

Reactions: 5
The “daddy” moment didn’t make much sense.

Earlier in the episode Rebecca told June she didn’t remember anything about what life was like before Gilead. A day later she recognises a man to be her dad.
I think her dad recognised her first so maybe his realisation and the way he spoke brought things back for her, was she 11? So only would have been 5/6 when things went wrong so could have easily remembered him on sight :)

I think her dad recognised her first so maybe his realisation and the way he spoke brought things back for her, was she 11? So only would have been 5/6 when things went wrong so could have easily remembered him on sight :)
To me it felt contrived and clichéd. Having spent years in Gilead being brainwashed by religious zealots, I’d say a child would be scared, confused and wary of her new surroundings. Let alone recovering memories of who her Father was who just happened to be volunteering at the airport at the time she disembarked from the plane.

To me it felt contrived and clichéd. Having spent years in Gilead being brainwashed by religious zealots, I’d say a child would be scared, confused and wary of her new surroundings. Let alone recovering memories of who her Father was who just happened to be volunteering at the airport at the time she disembarked from the plane.
I suppose so but then if you look at it that way there’s a million and one other things in the show that can be viewed as contrived and cliched haha! :)

I suppose so but then if you look at it that way there’s a million and one other things in the show that can be viewed as contrived and cliched haha! :)
True. 😃
I found the moment when Lawrence was reading to the children so touching. 😢

Reactions: 3
True. 😃
I found the moment when Lawrence was reading to the children so touching. 😢
Me too! I was so torn about the Lawrence’s because they’ve obviously played a huge part in creating such a horrendous world but he did seem to feel genuinely remorseful and want to help. I want to know more about their lives pre-Gilead! :)

Me too! I was so torn about the Lawrence’s because they’ve obviously played a huge part in creating such a horrendous world but he did seem to feel genuinely remorseful and want to help. I want to know more about their lives pre-Gilead! :)
Do you think he suspects June let Eleanor die?
I couldn't believe she let that happen.

Season 1- brilliant. Season 2- good. Season 3- I guess it was okay, slow, boring and dull ending.

I just joined so sorry for commenting on an old thread, but I want to get notifications when comments start coming next season as I LOVE this show! :D

• Heart
Do you think he suspects June let Eleanor die?
I couldn't believe she let that happen.
She had to let it happen. The whole house would have been hung for Eleanor haveing banned medication for her bi_polar disorder.. Plus trying to commit suicide is an offence in Gilead so she would have been stoned to death if she had survived. It wouldn't have been kept quiet as she needed help. It was kinder to let her die in peace.

I just joined so sorry for commenting on an old thread, but I want to get notifications when comments start coming next season as I LOVE this show! :D
Im with you i love love love this show!! Have you seen the original film? . I saw it many many years ago. I loved it then and still do

She had to let it happen. The whole house would have been hung for Eleanor haveing banned medication for her bi_polar disorder.. Plus trying to commit suicide is an offence in Gilead so she would have been stoned to death if she had survived. It wouldn't have been kept quiet as she needed help. It was kinder to let her die in peace.
I was feeling quite conflicted about this scene, it sort of felt like June was breaking bad, but good point about the medication. I didn't think about those kinds of consequences, so now I feel better about this scene!

Reactions: 1
Ooh, haven't seen the film, I have to check it out! I read the book and I've just bought the new one but haven't started reading yet.

Gilead
Canada
The Waterford's trial
Nick

Still loved it though.
That I think will cover when The Testament* gets aired (no idea when but Hulu said they are dramatizing the new book), so yes, I picked up the plot hole but I think it will make more sense when they pick up The Testament. I believe they planning on airing both sets of drama together.

*Sequel to The Handmaid's Tale - a brilliant book.

I was feeling quite conflicted about this scene, it sort of felt like June was breaking bad, but good point about the medication. I didn't think about those kinds of consequences, so now I feel better about this scene!
It was being cruel to be kind as the saying goes.. June kissed her tenderly and knew she had to leave her. I think the commander did know the way he looked at her at the funeral. I feel he was relieved in a sense that Eleanor was at peace too....I am a very sad hard-core fan in afraid!!

Reactions: 4
I’ve just started The Testaments and it’s really filling the hole left when the show ended! So far so good!!

• Heart