The Grimwade family #2 Desperate to be famous, Tim acting shameless, Gone is Astro, Ella accept your afro

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely they need to have an actual talent to be successful. Doing a half assed hairstyle or making jerk chicken is hardly enough to create a channel and be deserving of a paycheck.

Reactions: 8
There vlogs are just so unnatural. It's such a glaring thing when you go from watching another family channel to watching theirs. Honestly there stuff is really bad and really uninteresting. The grim family is always putting on a show and playing to their audience. Everything is painfully and obviously staged. I honestly just don't understand people who like them so much.

Alot of their commenters like to bring up how great the channel Our Tribe of Many is. And I won't argue much. That family is way more authentic and they are nothing like the Grims. I just can't figure out how they can go from watching Our Tribe of Many to watching the Grims and not notice the glaring difference in quality and authenticity. 🙄

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I know there are mortgages for creatives but I still don't think they would get one... their brand deals are lots of free clothing, it doesn't necessarily translate into cash. Also their 'USP" of large multi talented family is their downfall because it means the kids are the talent, not them.
Whereas other YouTubers will get brand deals they can actually get paid for, what would you pay Ella and Tim for? How to make a home school curriculum? No. Fancy editing skills? Another no. Football coaching? No. Doing hair? No. They're not showing that they themselves have any talent to capitalise on.
Because Ella scraping the edges out of the children's scalp is not a talent 🤕

• Haha
Reactions: 8
There vlogs are just so unnatural. It's such a glaring thing when you go from watching another family channel to watching theirs. Honestly there stuff is really bad and really uninteresting. The grim family is always putting on a show and playing to their audience. Everything is painfully and obviously staged. I honestly just don't understand people who like them so much.

Alot of their commenters like to bring up how great the channel Our Tribe of Many is. And I won't argue much. That family is way more authentic and they are nothing like the Grims. I just can't figure out how they can go from watching Our Tribe of Many to watching the Grims and not notice the glaring difference in quality and authenticity. 🙄
Ok the Grimwades are lowest of the lows but I suggest you check out some threads of OTOM.
For me it was the same with them like with so many other channels; used to love them then a few things here and there seemed off, comments were all so glorious so I wasn't welcomed to raise my concerns then seeked the threads and voila..real people with real opinions instead of the blind asslickin' fans.

Reactions: 5
If they cant afford to buy a new house they could easily sell there house and rent a larger property until they have enough money to buy one.

It really isn't fair on the girls to share a bedroom like that, especially if they have another daughter!

I used to watch Taira's Family before she stopped making videos and her and her husband slept downstairs on the sofa because she gave up there bedroom to make sure that there 6 children had enough space.

I cant ever imagine Tim or Ella doing that.
When my family lived in a two bedroom apartment, my parents slept on their bed in the living room so that my siblings and I could have the two bedrooms. We lived like this for a few years. I honestly don’t think it’s that uncommon, it’s just not something ppl mention.

Reactions: 11
Ok the Grimwades are lowest of the lows but I suggest you check out some threads of OTOM.
For me it was the same with them like with so many other channels; used to love them then a few things here and there seemed off, comments were all so glorious so I wasn't welcomed to raise my concerns then seeked the threads and voila..real people with real opinions instead of the blind asslickin' fans.
I'm sure there are some things off with them for sure. I've noticed lots of things off with lots family vloggers, but none of them have been as bad as the grims. Lots of fakness to go around in these families but the grims take the cake in an almost frightening way.

Reactions: 5
Because Ella scraping the edges out of the children's scalp is not a talent 🤕
To be honest I'm surprised the kids ain't bald with how tight Ella pulls & scrapes their hair. She doesnt brush it through to the ends of the hair just brushes the scalp and slaps on a fist full of gel. And she constantly says how dry & knotted their hair is..... I'm not a hairstylist but I can even tell she needs to brush their hair through & get some moisturising treatment into their hair ASAP.... maybe lay off the styles, leave their hair down or loose a couple of times a week to breath

Yet she acts like she's fully qualified expert hair stylist that founded Pantene Pro-V

Reactions: 14
To be honest I'm surprised the kids ain't bald with how tight Ella pulls & scrapes their hair. She doesnt brush it through to the ends of the hair just brushes the scalp and slaps on a fist full of gel. And she constantly says how dry & knotted their hair is..... I'm not a hairstylist but I can even tell she needs to brush their hair through & get some moisturising treatment into their hair ASAP.... maybe lay off the styles, leave their hair down or loose a couple of times a week to breath

Yet she acts like she's fully qualified expert hair stylist that founded Pantene Pro-V
Yesss!!!! I’ve noticed this!! She’s going to break the ends of their hair by brushing it down like that, Halle and Harper’s hair needs to be combed thoroughly and have moisture in it! I bet their hair goes so lovely and curly if it was done properly, she’s just making it look frizzy and all over the place.

Reactions: 10
Yesss!!!! I’ve noticed this!! She’s going to break the ends of their hair by brushing it down like that, Halle and Harper’s hair needs to be combed thoroughly and have moisture in it! I bet their hair goes so lovely and curly if it was done properly, she’s just making it look frizzy and all over the place.
She doesn't want them to have curls though does she? She literally drools over the hair that silkier and straighter.

Surely they need to have an actual talent to be successful. Doing a half assed hairstyle or making jerk chicken is hardly enough to create a channel and be deserving of a paycheck.
Exactly this. I don't watch a lot of families on YouTube, but I watched them because of mutual friends. Increasingly, I've wondered what exactly they think is so interesting to show us. They've moved away from the earlier challenges like "Kids try Jamaican food" or whatever and I think they just their way after having Reu. Even then, when Ella was pregnant with Reu, she tried to do a weekly diary for their content. She did a few and then said "oh nothings changing, so I'll update you when something big happens."

Whether they have another boy or girl, there is no space in the rooms or house for another person. If they must live there, they need to give up their room and Heze shouldn't be sharing with babies. Hosanna is gonna have to be getting up and going into the boys' room to help. So sad. Makes no sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
She doesn't want them to have curls though does she? She literally drools over the hair that silkier and straighter.

Exactly this. I don't watch a lot of families on YouTube, but I watched them because of mutual friends. Increasingly, I've wondered what exactly they think is so interesting to show us. They've moved away from the earlier challenges like "Kids try Jamaican food" or whatever and I think they just their way after having Reu. Even then, when Ella was pregnant with Reu, she tried to do a weekly diary for their content. She did a few and then said "oh nothings changing, so I'll update you when something big happens."

Whether they have another boy or girl, there is no space in the rooms or house for another person. If they must live there, they need to give up their room and Heze shouldn't be sharing with babies. Hosanna is gonna have to be getting up and going into the boys' room to help. So sad. Makes no sense.
Do you know people that are friends with them? My sister in law, saw them at a bus stop before. She said Ella was sceeching on the phone not paying any attention to them while the kids ran around crazy screaming, climbing the bench, bin & a low wall behind the bus stop. One guy just shook his head & walked away as he was clearly annoyed with kids shouting & climbing around him. Then another woman & child got off the bench at the bus stop & decided to stand a few feet away from them. Ella didn't tell the kids to stop or behave. She ignored them when they were clearly annoying people. She said Ella had a very rude, aggressive tone about and that she acts nothing like the angel she portrays herself in videos. She saw them in Greenwich another day & the same type of behaviour was happening in a shop & a guy working there politely asked her to keep the kids with her as they were running everywhere & disruptive. She got mad as hell, caused a scene, started calling it racism etc. She eventually left with an attitude. She didn't see Tim with them either time

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Do you know people that are friends with them? My sister in law, saw them at a bus stop before. She said Ella was sceeching on the phone not paying any attention to them while the kids ran around crazy screaming, climbing the bench, bin & a low wall behind the bus stop. One guy just shook his head & walked away as he was clearly annoyed with kids shouting & climbing around him. Then another woman & child got off the bench at the bus stop & decided to stand a few feet away from them. Ella didn't tell the kids to stop or behave. She ignored them when they were clearly annoying people. She said Ella had a very rude, aggressive tone about and that she acts nothing like the angel she portrays herself in videos. She saw them in Greenwich another day & the same type of behaviour was happening in a shop & a guy working there politely asked her to keep the kids with her as they were running everywhere & disruptive. She got mad as hell, caused a scene, started calling it racism etc. She eventually left with an attitude. She didn't see Tim with them either time
Wow. Yes, unfortunately, they're quite friendly with one of my cousins and we have several mutual friends from back in the day. I used to see them round at events and it's true what Ella says - Tim used to have Heze up on stage with him, but even then, I was embarrassed for her. She would be standing at the bottom of the stage with her pushchair, looking down on everyone because she was married to E Tizz. It was so cringey.
If you know those circles, you'll know that Tim was not a successful rapper - just a wannabe and one of many. He associated himself with those that were actually doing well and would be one of the warm up acts for the successful rappers.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
That shopping video, 5 things:
1 - Ella you can’t seriously have us believe you do much practical work with those fake braids hanging down all over yourself. The kids normally do all the packing away, stop pretending you don’t use them to do all the works in order to protect your hair, nails, eyelashes from any risk of damage. You admit in the video you employ a cleaner (or is that just your mother), so clearly aren’t used to physical work.
2 - something positive - at least you shop online and do click and collect. I can’t imagine the distruption to other shoppers and the staff all 8 of you, with undisciplined kids and a football would cause in a supermarket….but maybe you have been banned from taking the kids and the football to your local store?
3 - why when you run out of milk etc mid-week, is it you, Ella, that goes and gets anything that is needed for the top up shop? Do you not realise you are in a partnership, and have the option of splitting this task between the two of you?
4 - Ella at certain points seems to be gasping for air, trying to talk continually and unpack, possibly due to the pregnancy or being unfit. It was uncomfortable to watch as it looked like you were about to be in medical distress. There’s no reason why you can’t film a video such as this in more than one scene/take. Just because it is easiest for Tim to stand behind the camera and get it all done within 20mins in one take, so he can have the rest of the day on his backside does not mean that is the in ly way of filming. Take breaks, shoot from different angles, spread items out on a table or worktop and show the viewers properly, talking through it calming and not while gasping for air. There’s no reason why Tim can’t help lay out the shopping, then you could sit down and calmly present the video after he has done that. Where was the bill? People don’t just want to know how many toilet rolls you use, they want to know how you go about budgeting for a family of 8, what do you spend in an average week, and do you need to keep costs down or are you flush for money?
5 - When you mentioned that subscribers, if they have time, could write what they buy in the comments. Two things, firstly why were you laughing at the idea that you had suggested, you were basically taking the piss out of anyone who then followed your instructions as you saw yourself it was so ridiculous a thing to do so were laughing. And secondly, in the previous video, you made clear that not only can you (and Tim) not be bothered to reply to any comments, but you also cannot be bothered to read them either. So you do not care what is written, and have no interest in the opinions of the subscribers. I suspect one or both of you do have a quick 30 second scroll through, simply so if it’s nearly all negative you can then as you did in the last video, insult the subscribers by saying they ‘disappoint’ you. So which is it, do you read comments, or not? If you don’t read them, stop encouraging subscribers to waste their time (which yes, is as precious as yours), by writing comments to you which they do so on the hope that you read or reply.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
That's the kind of thing I'm referring to as being caused by the parents and competitive environment they're raised in though. I've taught plenty of kids with a mean streak (who often have lovely parents) and I don't see that in any of these children. Struggling to cope with losing a game or not being the focus of attention when it's no longer developmentally appropriate - as it would be with Reu or Houston - however, is largely down to parenting, hence why the older children are now showing signs of that. It's just a shame to see nice kids be brought down by their bizarre upbringing.
I agree. I have a bit of a soft spot for the kids and, although Heze gets on my nerves a bit, I can't say I've noticed Hosanna being jealous or smug but either way I think it's easy to forget how young these kids are because of how they've been trained to appear so mature and 'perfect.' Plus the older ones look mature for their age as well. I don't think they're inherently mean spirited or narcissistic, it's just their weirdo parents coming out in them.

The end of the shopping video.... and of course Tim loves reggae reggae sauce :rolleyes:😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Something I could be reading too much into, but Ella kept referring to what Heze likes to eat, and then what the ‘girls’ eat. It seemed to me like Heze’s preferences were taken into account, whereas their daughters were lumped together and get what they’re given. Unless of course it’s just co-incidence that their daughters all have the same food preferences.

Y'all can come and hate me for this 🤣, but I actually enjoyed this video more than any other I saw before (I haven't followed them for long and could not always watch their videos as they are usually boring). Ella wasn't moaning, Houston got to do something she enjoyed (yay!) and Tim mostly was shut up apart from the end. Also I love food shopping hauls.
I didn't see any meat or chicken, only hams. I wonder what they'll eat the microwave mash and rice with? Or maybe they do meat shopping at a butcher monthly? She could've mentioned.
A cleaner???Omg.. 2 stay at home parents shouldn't need one.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Y'all can come and hate me for this 🤣, but I actually enjoyed this video more than any other I saw before (I haven't followed them for long and could not always watch their videos as they are usually boring). Ella wasn't moaning, Houston got to do something she enjoyed (yay!) and Tim mostly was shut up apart from the end. Also I love food shopping hauls.
I didn't see any meat or chicken, only hams. I wonder what they'll eat the microwave mash and rice with? Or maybe they do meat shopping at a butcher monthly? She could've mentioned.
A cleaner???Omg.. 2 stay at home parents shouldn't need one.
The absence of Tim was definitely a plus point 😅

Isn't her whole raison d'etre being a housewife and taking care of the house and the kids, so much so that she'd feel like a failure if she couldn't teach her girls how to do the same. And then she has a cleaner? Maybe we're being unfair, obviously there's a lot to do with 6 kids but they really shouldn't need one if both parents were pulling their weight. I can't believe they're happy to pay out for a cleaner while Tim sits on his arse not doing anything, not earning any money...nothing.

Reactions: 14
So much wrong with them
1 my god her braids they are truly awful ( in the way all the time !)
2 does heze really need to be dribbling the ball while helping bring the shopping to the kitchen ( yes we know you play football !!!)
3 bossing hosanna around like she’s an idiot and telling heze what to tell his sisters to do
4 a cleaner - really ( my daughter has a cleaning company and wouldn’t go near a client like that imagine how rude she is to them )
5 they spend loads on shopping ( no economising there )

We are all intelligent people on here do we really need telling not to buy certain things every week !!

Reactions: 9
If they de-clutteted all the piles of junk & random pointless items all over the house, got some storage units & organised everything & both parents did some cleaning everyday then they wouldn't need a weekly cleaner and the kids wouldn't have to be maids.

Beyond ridiculous that neither parent works and they have a cleaner, and still get the grandparents to come over & clean, and also get the girls to clean.... Tim & Ella are filthy lazy pigs. Its disgraceful that a family of nearly 9, that do homeschooling have no organisation or storage in the tiny house

Reactions: 12
If they de-clutteted all the piles of junk & random pointless items all over the house, got some storage units & organised everything & both parents did some cleaning everyday then they wouldn't need a weekly cleaner and the kids wouldn't have to be maids.

Beyond ridiculous that neither parent works and they have a cleaner, and still get the grandparents to come over & clean, and also get the girls to clean.... Tim & Ella are filthy lazy pigs. Its disgraceful that a family of nearly 9, that do homeschooling have no organisation or storage in the tiny house
I actually would do a big organising /decluttering video if I were them..with before after pictures.
Good content and better for them to keep their house tidy.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.