Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

daddygoose35

VIP Member
Okay, and how did she go from Spin to hosting a breakfast show on 2fm?
Louise McSharry has spoken about how hard it is to claw your way into a DJ gig in RTE, and Doireann did it in 2 years? Gway outta that
Well spin and todayfm are owned by comunicorp so I’m sure It helped her get in to Spin. He would have had contacts in rte and also that abhoinn was in fair city. She is also on the books of Noel Kelly’s Agency so that would be a big help. To be honest she ticks a lot of boxes for 2fm, young, female and has big social media following so I am not surprised she has Landed a Good gig with them. I wouldn’t be surprised if she was able to negotiate a good deal with them. She would’ve got a gig with today fm I sure. They are probably raging they missed out on her given all the issues that have the last few years with their lineup

Reactions: 9
ugh dr Doireann, I find her so bland... mint tea, sunglasses, posing around her home.. no craic I'd say.
Completely agree! Zero personality there. There is nothing in their home apart from a strategically placed designer handbag or pair of hunter wellies strategically placed by the Stairs for effect! 🙈

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
You do realise the selfish gobshites are the meat factory owners who didn't care about social distancing or having their staff get their tempartures checked everyday not people going on holidays in Ireland
Yes!!!! Lets add the people who are in charge of DP centres to this too. Nothing wrong with with the Garrihys, Pippa etc are doing as they are within the guidelines.

I'd be gallivanting too if i had the time. I have annual leave in Sept and will gallivant to my hearts content as long as the guidelines allow me too!

Siobs

VIP Member
I thought I was the only one that finds that soft fake voice annoying. Jesus the poem she read that the father wrote was the worst. Don’t know why people think that it’s amazing

Lollie92

She got a following because of her sisters. Aoibhin children constantly plastered on her insta doesnt sit with me. They get her the likes meaning they get her the money. Shes doesn't get same likes on any other type of content. Awful. Poor kids will be recognised everywhere.

GreenFlamingo

VIP Member
I used to work with Doireann, she is a horrible fake person. So rude and would do/say anything to get a giggle from people.
And don't forget about the 2 or 3 lads she went off with or actively pursued, that had girlfriends and she knew they did!! I think that says enough about her character. She never gets outed for it though
What about that girl a few years ago who claimed Dorieann stole her boyfriend? Dorieann came out as saying it was all lies and the girl admitted she made it all up. Hard to know what to believe.

Olive85

Agreed on the nitpicking!

Good on you for taking such a proactive step over lockdown, delighted it was so beneficial for you.

As for Doireann, think that was a positive message in that post about her investing in her mental health during this time. Sometimes we forget that everyone has struggles, particularly during these uncertain times.
Enough negativity online without finding fault with everything a person does.
But I'm sure the majority of people in ireland at the moment couldnt dream of spending 300e on zoom calls. She can easily Express her opinions on looking after your mental health, without the price tag. Any good mindfulness coach or therapist will tell you you don't need money or an item to be mindful, just being in nature and putting away your phone is the probably the best and cheapest thing to do. In my opinion it's very evident that she's blind to money struggles in general. Her whole family are.

LucyLiu

Yeah ok, that’s definitely why 🙄
I cant see why not? Its clear shes good at her job and attracts a big audience. Everything has to be so negative 😂😂😂 if I tore her a new one youd agree. As said previously she had a presenting job with spin and was an AA girl before this. She was already in the door after getting the appropriate qualifications. I do believe the one who walked in the door was Greg o shea. But that would be OK sure

Panda88

Chatty Member
So Dublin is on level 3 and Ailbhe is going away for a night! I know its technically not against the rules but with services only available to residents it seems like a sneaky way of being able to go out.
I don't see an issue with that. The only residents allowed would be people from Dublin so people from Dublin going is the only way they will get any business. My sister in law was supposed to go away to celebrate finishing exams but obviously can't now so booked into a Dublin hotel.

Heidi77

VIP Member
I’m sure Lottie Ryan thought she was a shoe in for the breakfast job. I do think Doireann is a better choice.

Daisy03

I find them all tone deaf to what people actually feel. Aoibhin was doing spon for Dove soap during the pandemic and also m&s pjs at the beginning of lockdown when people were prob spending way more time in pj's. I unfollowed then as everything going on was so surreal and then to see her flogging pjs.

Now doing a spread advertising her new home when a lot of people (myself included) are being made redundant and there is still so much uncertainty. A lot of it was probably sponsored too as the Garrihy's don't open their purses easily. We have seen that the will take anything that is going free.

Daisy03

The absolute state of that Pippa impression, Doireann is an embarrassment at this stage. Having to haul out pathetic impersonations that weren’t even funny four years ago. Making sly, bitchy digs at Pippa in order to stay remotely relevant -what happened to “Women supporting women” and #BeKind, Doireann?

And then mentioning Pippa’s children while trying to rip the piss out of their mother? Everybody knows children are off-limits for cheap gags. Not even the most famous celebs in the world have to put up with their children being slagged, only the lowest of the low resort to that kind of crap. Imagine if the little boys heard that on the radio? Shame on you Doireann Garrihy and 2FM!!
I cant imagine she or her sisters would like it if someone did that and mentioned her nieces.

• Heart

Hannahchoo

She portrays the most unrealistic version of motherhood. Having a baby is all new jumpers, blow dries, serene walks and coffee. I was tearing my hair out, balling crying in the shower, screaming into a pillow, absolutely delirious with no sleep.