Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cant-be-arsed

What's wrong with the hairdressers in her beloved Clare.
I am from Clare and can confirm that we have plenty extremely qualified hairdressers that would do the job nicely. But wouldn’t be good enough for Aoibhin I’m afraid! She feels she is a cut above the ordinary folk.

Reactions: 9

raryrary

Aoibhín Garrihy, Ailbhe Garrihy and Doireann Garrihy are Irish social media influencers, having played different roles in the entertainment industry. Aoibhín is an actress, having played Neasa Dillon in RTÉ One's Fair City from 2010 to 2013. She came second in the first series of the Irish version of Dancing with the Stars. Ailbhe is a publicist. Doireann is a comedy impressionist, known for two series of The Doireann Project, and radio and television presenter, hosting the revival in 2018 of RTÉ Two's The Podge and Rodge Show.- Source: Wikipedia, 2020.

daddygoose35

VIP Member
So glad to read that I am not the only person in Ireland who is sick of seeing these chancers everywhere I look! A bunch of privileged narcissists, without a scrap of talent between them but mammy and daddy's boat money and multiple properties. Aoibhin is the worst, with her holier than thou Mother Earth act. Every 6 months the Sindo magazine does an article about her big move to the West. You would think that she re-located to the Congo. Doireann is only on 2FM because of her Insta profile (RTE needed to bring in a younger audience) and anyone who thinks otherwise is naive. Also, what is with Sile Seoige licking their arses in every post?!
They are like the modern day Seoige Sisters. Cailins from the wesht who think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Scrollin4sca

Chatty Member
The baby name is as plain as herself!

Ailbhe is the worst of them......... she should re name the boat company oceans of notions!!

• Haha

Daisy03

Aoibhin tagged EZ living in her latest post sitting on the couch. Must be gifted or at least discounted! EZ Living commented and someone who received damaged furniture commented back saying if only all customers got the same level of customer service. So true!

Companies need to cop on and realise that it's their paying customers they need to focus on! Instead these "influencers" are given everything for nothing and fawned over.

Aisleseat

Chatty Member
Fuck sakkkkke.
So they sponsor beo baby & everyone who pays €100 for an online ramble with people whose insta pages are full of free lives on the topics anyway ! Lucy woullfe sleep, dr Laura 🙄 etc, and then you get a €25 voucher for baby elegance but only redeemed when you spend €100 or more... they’re still flogging tickets so it’s not a sell out ... dr Laura would do an add for fanny hair if she was asked
Ah Lucy wolfe sleep, pay me 400 quid for a skype session and I will tell you some common sense. Sorry for the diversion, she just melts my head.

• Heart

GreenFlamingo

VIP Member
They are absolutely tone deaf. "Mom" Ailbhe made a comment the other day wondering what she did in the previous lockdown. Why do these women have to subsume their whole identity into motherhood once their child is born?
Well she obviously wasn't working very hard for daddy's business if she can't remember what she did! 🙄 I hate how Aoibhín calls the girls 'aul biddies'. It's demeaning to older women and it doesn't even make sense. If they resemble aul biddies it's because you're dressing them that way! They're all so self centred.

Cant-be-arsed

I just watched her story there and she’s down in The Wineport Lodge just like Terrie. Guaranteed PR for them now that they have doggy friendly rooms. Then she remembered that she said she’d have to show the pram she bought. I’m telling you now if she was getting gifted a baby elegance pram she wouldn’t have been so keen to do the collab. The Uppababy Vistas are the new must haves and she just had to have it when she walked in their shop in blanch! Was anyone else thinking that she is so out of breath in her story? Must be all the excitement from getting shit for nothing!
Could also be the tiny human she is growing - I used be completely breathless at about her stage of things he used be lodged up under my feckin ribs. Agree with you on the buggy though. I saw earlier in the week the collab with Baby Elegance and said no way would she be getting the Beep travel system. And they are lovely too and budget friendly. I can’t take the piss out of Vista owners - I am one but like the comment above I saved hard for it because it’s what I wanted so I worked overtime and denied myself Penney’s hauls for it and for unpaid maternity leave. No collab for me! Would be lovely if companies did more competitions for ordinary craythurs to win gifts instead of a big budget for influencers who get everything going for free. Just my opinion.

Ciaragh

Haha I agree! Doireann did put in the hard work before getting noticed! Now everything’s happened so quickly but she definitely was grafting before then!
Doireann is a pushy little weapon. Hard work my hole, Ian Dempsey is her godfather so she has plenty of connections in high places. And she practically bullies people into doing her stupid podcast by publicly hounding them until they can’t say no and pretending “Ara ha ha haaa shur ‘tis all just banter!” Jokes on you Doireann, anyone with half a brain can see through your act but make no mistake, she’s a shrewd operator and a manipulative one at that.

• Heart

J.BFletcher

Chatty Member
Sure no wonder if Dzoireann is insecure, two blonde legs eleven sisters to live up too.

I think Dzoireann was probably the soundest of the bunch, until she let it go to her head.

She was on Dara Quiltys podcast, and spoke about how people thought she got in easy into radio - she explained that she did courses etc, but she's Ian Dempsey's goddaughter - of course that meant something! She went from doing impressions on Snapchat to hosting a 2fm radio show in the space of 2 years like?
So did Pamela Joyce to be fair. I don’t know if she has links but RTÉ knew how to increase their listenership. I’m kinda glad that these not so normal “normal” people have the jobs and not some of the other bloggers because they can’t hold a conversation or have interests outside of beauty, makeup, anxiety etc. Doireann drives me a little mad with the giving off the girl next door vibe and the country accents but I can tolerate her. Aoibhinn just gives off the whole zen lifestyle. That’s easy when your husband is a millionaire, inherited one of the west’s most popular hotels and has multiple other businesses. Sure she need not bother with BEO! She’s a kept woman.

I liked Ailbhe until she got a rake of freebies for doing nothing and I’m like fuck has anyone got any morals and can they just say “you’re grand, I'm buying my own pram! I have the money. Give it to someone else in my name even!” Like you can be sure that had Ailbhe been approached by a different brand she probably wouldn’t be promoting Baby Elegance. Their shite will fall apart soon and she’ll be off to Tony Kealy for the Bugaboo! Also 6 months into the pregnancy she mentioned how she bought nothing but a couple of zip baby grows and I thought that a subtle way of saying “send me freebies, my baby is naked”. I will say that she did get a few free things for the wedding but she was fairly transparent with them.

All three of the girls were groomed by their parents to be in the spotlight from speech and language, drama etc. Their elocution annoys me. Especially Aoibhinn’s! And they all have a chunk of the business already so they were lucky in that sense they could pursue other interests/dreams.

She was a host on Spin for a few years. Ian Dempsey doesn’t work for RTE.
Spin and today fm both owned by Denis O Brien

Reactions: 8

Olive85

She used to absolutely slag any influencer doing any #'s now that's all she seems to be interested in. She must realise how expensive it is living in the real world without mammy and daddy shelling out for everything

Madscone

VIP Member
I've met Ailbhe a few times and she is a lovely genuine girl. Aoibhin is too sweet to be wholesome. The perfect mammy vibes I ain't buying!

Misty bananas

I like them on the whole. I want to BE clare garrihy 🤣🤣🤣. The ads annoy me and they are pretty constant now. I thought the boyfriend buying the puppy and poor bob only gone was a total WTF and has to have been side eyed by the whole family. I love having a peek into the mams house and I'm sure we will get a good look at aoibhin mansion as it comes together in clare.

J.BFletcher

Chatty Member
I'm not saying not go away on a 'staycation' What I'm saying is does she have to go away multiple times like so many influencers. Yes help the industry. But we still need to be cautious. Going away multiple times is not respecting the guidelines in my opinion.
Yeah I don’t think they’re helping the industry either given that they’re getting most things for free.

CatVonMe

Chatty Member
Lottie was the biggest beg of all! Did a whole ‘pet friendly hotels?’ question box and all of a sudden she’s got 3 gifted stays. Have they no shame! It’s so obvious what they’re doing aswell

Lulu235

I was watching that episode of The Fall last night. Aoibhin was basically an extra. The only reason her character had a name was because she showed an ID Card with her character’s name on it to Jamie Dornan. 🙄

• Haha

Lollie92

Dogs room....complete with dog shower ? Will they also have their own VIP interview in their new pad 😂
Why did she even put that on her insta? A room with a shower for her dogs. Does she realise people have lost jobs not to mention lives and this was one shows her followers that her dogs have a shower. Too much money or mortgaged to the hilt.

Panda88

Chatty Member
Did she seriously record podcasts with her own sisters and parents? 😂😂 The people she has done it with look like the lineup for the Late Late show.

Also I realllllly wish Chris O' Dowd hadn't agreed to do it! But it'll be interesting to hear how bad hers is compared to the one he did with Louis Theroux which I found hilarious!

Scrk1994

Her podcast has gone downhill.
I think someone said here before, she just sticks to her script with the interview questions - there's no going off script and following a different line of questions based on what the interviewee has said. She just wheezes laughing and then moves on to the next question. Used to like the podcast, but meh, couldn't be arsed now. There's much better listening out there

Shellac

I really think Aoibhin exposes her two baby girls far too much on social media. I really think it goes against the grain with the whole mother earth lark she is portraying. I always remember she had a post up on Instagram 10 days after giving birth with Honorah on the boat it just portrays this perfectionist on social media. She does seem to be a lovely girl and husband too. I bet she misses Dublin a lot more than she makes out.

It is quite obvious Aibhe is just in the bubble of first new baby, nothing is outside that at the minute. I think she is doing the right thing not showing her baby boy but time will tell. She really is only appealing to people who just had a baby or expecting soon.