The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She made a right idiot of herself on StylemeSundays page over the awful Aldi campaign. Glad to see she’s been called out on it. Just goes to show that they all just blow smoke yo each other arses.
Ooh what happened!?!

I really don’t get how she has so many followers 🤷🏻‍♀️ For me, I can’t get past listening to her talk or breathe for more than 5 seconds without thinking why doesn’t she get her sinuses cleaned out 🤢
🤣🤣
She reminds me of a human version of the character Gretchen from the Recess cartoon (if anyone remembers it!)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I've mentioned her on here before but En Brogue is doing the frugal and environmental thing much better and in a more focused way
Yes, but she linked up with The Frugality for an event which has now
been cancelled. En Brogue still has an unbelievable amount of clothes and shoes so it’s bloody easy to not buy anything else.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
This is really harsh, but Peggy was an ugly looking baby and still is a bit weird looking now.
I think that is really harsh and totally uncalled for. We’re here to discuss IGers not their children.

Reactions: 25
My god how much stuff to they have in that house?! Would drive me crackers all those nik naks and tit around!

Reactions: 3
Christ how many time’s can this woman post pictures of her flipping boring hallway?!! She has been painting the flipping thing for years, just paint it, move on to another room!!! All these influencers are really struggling for content now none of them can swan off to PR events or walk down the street talking to themselves 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Ooh her latest stories have rubbed me the wrong way. “We don’t have a garden” darling you do have a garden you pushed ahead with building work knowing that the country was about to go into lockdown and you could easily sort yourself a spot to sit out there regardless. Check your privilege is a phrase she should applying to her daily life. She’s not frugal at all

Reactions: 12
Oh my god she is such a moaner! You have a bloody garden just go and sort out a bit if it and sit out there!!!! Sympathy searcher Alex
D39524DB-56E6-4603-9B63-9DF51A78A9A0.jpeg
7383823E-9FBD-4069-BF0C-6CF4D5EB7C92.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
“Can someone gift us a garden?”......because we are self employed and can’t fork out!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Those renovations won’t be cheap....she claims she only pays herself £35k, even if he takes the same salary I do wonder how they afford that house/nursery fees etc on that salary. We moved from London for that very reason, we couldn’t afford a house and the thought of paying nursery fees on top of we had a child seemed impossible, let alone doing renovations that’ll likely cost in excess of £50k, and my partner and I earned six figures combined. I wish people would be more honest. I could only afford to buy my London flat because my Mum died and I was left enough money for a decent deposit, had that not been the case I’d probably still have been living in a shared flat with no chance of homeownership....she’s another one with family money selling an unattainable lifestyle but pretending it’s all hard work and saving the pennies

Reactions: 15
I think they're far from broke however, I still don't understand how her blog provides a living for both her and her husband. Do blogs really pay that well? I'm sure I've asked this upthread about 3 months ago! 😄

Reactions: 5
I think they're far from broke however, I still don't understand how her blog provides a living for both her and her husband. Do blogs really pay that well? I'm sure I've asked this upthread about 3 months ago! 😄
I’m sure she’s said before she takes £35k salary from the business and he takes the same, plus she pays staff....Not sure how it pays that much though

Accounts are available on companies house to view although I must admit I am rubbish at understanding things like that, but it certainly doesn’t look like they’re taking it in, let alone being able to afford the mortgage on that house/nursery fees/a pricey extension

Reactions: 3
Do blogs really pay that well?
There was a post by a food blogger on the Jack Monroe thread, giving context to what kind of money a blog can bring in - they said they are “virtually unknown” and gross £4-5K per month. More lucrative than I had realised.

• Wow
Those renovations won’t be cheap....she claims she only pays herself £35k, even if he takes the same salary I do wonder how they afford that house/nursery fees etc on that salary. We moved from London for that very reason, we couldn’t afford a house and the thought of paying nursery fees on top of we had a child seemed impossible, let alone doing renovations that’ll likely cost in excess of £50k, and my partner and I earned six figures combined. I wish people would be more honest. I could only afford to buy my London flat because my Mum died and I was left enough money for a decent deposit, had that not been the case I’d probably still have been living in a shared flat with no chance of homeownership....she’s another one with family money selling an unattainable lifestyle but pretending it’s all hard work and saving the pennies
I’m sure she put on her Insta that they remortgaged to afford the renovations. As someone who rents I have no idea how that all works. If they both take a £35k salary each from the blogging business, that’s still nowhere near enough for their house/lifestyle. They must have built up a lot of savings from their previous careers. I stopped following her when I realised her lifestyle, along with most other Influencers, makes me feel like I have less than in comparison. I like to follow accounts that feel relatable and she doesn’t.

Reactions: 4
I’m sure she put on her Insta that they remortgaged to afford the renovations. As someone who rents I have no idea how that all works. If they both take a £35k salary each from the blogging business, that’s still nowhere near enough for their house/lifestyle. They must have built up a lot of savings from their previous careers. I stopped following her when I realised her lifestyle, along with most other Influencers, makes me feel like I have less than in comparison. I like to follow accounts that feel relatable and she doesn’t.
I have a mortgage. They’ll normally give you 4-5 times your salary, so say they earn 70k that 280-350k max, possibly less as they’re self-employed. Houses like she has In the area she lives are 6-700k. Maybe they managed to get it for a bit less as it needed work but something doesn’t quite add up....

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.