The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The root touch up product she keeps banging on about is truly hideous. It looks like she has talc in her hair!

Reactions: 4
There is an issue with referring to fashion purchases as an “investment”. It’s a euphemism adopted by the industry for women to justify spending money, end of.

(If you are talking about buying a Rolex, Chanel or similar then ok maybe - but let’s be honest, you’re buying it because you want it, the fact it will hold it go up in value is a nice bonus).

That a purchase has been carefully considered does not make it an investment. Knowing you will get a lot of use/wear out of something does not make it an investment. Wanting a luxury item but choosing the high street version does not make it an investment. It’s just another example of how consumerism has been co-opted by the language of empowering women in a completely bullshit way.

That this “investment” euphemism is coming from an influencer who writes money guides and claims to be strapped for cash is just irresponsible.

Then even more appalling is that she is talking about something she herself was #gifted. What a joke.
Nothing but hypocritical.....one rule for one, another for others.....such drivel

Whilst I agree with everything you’ve said, playing devils advocate, the definition of investment is the action or process of investing money for profit. The ‘profit’ in the case of expensive clothes, shoes, bags etc could be argued as being the enjoyment one gets from wearing them as well as the longevity gotten from more expensive and therefore better quality pieces (sorry to use such a wanky term!) As an ‘investment purchaser’ these are the reasons I buy more expensive items.

The fact that practically everything she’s wearing is gifted is a bleeping joke though.
You can’t bang on about investments and money when you are on the scrounge for everything....

Reactions: 2
It’s all very dreary. I used to be a big fan but she’s got very self righteous with her tags. Her outfits - all old - she’s really lost her spark for dressing, Peggy’s clothed - handmedowns, Lunches - made from leftovers, office chair - secondhand. It all seems like she’s bored with Instagram but has to keep at it because her business depends on it. She doesn’t seem to get any enjoyment any more from fashion, her frugal approach is a sham because she Is gifted quite a lot. Her interiors is same old same old,

Not buying Peggy Christmas gifts -well someone sure is because she seems to have quite a lot of toys.

I hope for her sake it’s just a case of a quiet January and doesn’t follow on to a quiet spring. I have a feeling that a lot of these influencers are going to find things a lot slower because marketing agencies/brands are beginning to realise that their consumers are getting bored with these type of influencers and are not being influenced as much as before.
I agree, I do still follow her as I used to like her style, now it's all so drab and scruffy looking, even Peggy's clothes look drab. I don't understand how she makes money, she's definitely lost her way. I think she is struggling with the whole sustainability and being frugal doesn't really get you great content. I don't suggest buying clothes all the time but she could find a different direction. Also I find her very condescending, we all know how to shop for food and lunches from leftovers 🙄

Reactions: 3
I agree, I do still follow her as I used to like her style, now it's all so drab and scruffy looking, even Peggy's clothes look drab. I don't understand how she makes money, she's definitely lost her way. I think she is struggling with the whole sustainability and being frugal doesn't really get you great content. I don't suggest buying clothes all the time but she could find a different direction. Also I find her very condescending, we all know how to shop for food and lunches from leftovers 🙄
She just seems so disinterested in everything - and that's entirely her right, esp after her loss last year but it doesn't make good content. I watched her stories earlier and she did the walking down the street thing, looking into the camera and then panning down her incredibly dull outfit - WHY?!

Reactions: 1
I followed her for ages, even though I usually avoid anyone shilling for fast fashion, because she seemed nice but this thread has been a bit of an eye opener!

I followed her for ages, even though I usually avoid anyone shilling for fast fashion, because she seemed nice but this thread has been a bit of an eye opener!
The minute she starting ranting about the volume of messages and interaction she got and had to turn comments and messaging off made me see her in a different light. I get that so many get inundated with messages but I felt as though she thought followers were a disturbance and she seems to have a door closed policy which made me feel as though it was simply a business and interaction wasn’t welcomed.
I do feel for bloggers being messaged endlessly but to actually say out loud that it irritates you made me see sense, that the public really are just customers at the end of the day, a means to an end.

Reactions: 9
She made a right idiot of herself on StylemeSundays page over the awful Aldi campaign. Glad to see she’s been called out on it. Just goes to show that they all just blow smoke yo each other arses.

Reactions: 5
Yet another example of how totally unrelateable (not to mention a bit thick) she is. Rapidly going off her.

She clearly didn’t read the actual post. Jut shows that all the engagement is based on them all just fawning over each other.

Because they kiss arse!

She clearly didn’t read the actual post. Jut shows that all the engagement is based on them all just fawning over each other.
Did she go to school? You’d think someone who writes for a living would be able to read! To be fair most of them have dreadful spelling and grammar

Last edited:
She seemed to get repeat questions about what she was wearing in each picture including lipstick. Maybe that is what irritated her, among other things.

When I first found her I was a big fan of her interiors. I like her bedroom & en suite. I don’t like the downstairs, it looks cold, uncomfortable & difficult to keep clean. I like a lot of her style but to me it doesn’t quite mesh or something.
Her daughter is a dote.

Notice in her recent story they have scaffolding up outside. I can’t recall her mentioning getting work done outside, which likely won’t come cheap, so money would have to come from somewhere, yet she’s constantly saying they have no money/need to save/spend £20 I. Aldi on good every week. Also note she shows menu plans but never mentions what Peggy gets to eat...

Yep. And she never acknowledges that she is gifted so much which overall allows her to spend far less. Free clothes, house decoration, beauty products means big savings for her. I once suggested this but it was all deleted.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.