The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
meh. I see nothing wrong with hand me downs. Kids grow so fast it makes sense to share clothes. Some of my kids clothes are now on their 4th/5th child. And my much wanted first child started school with hand me down pinafores and summer dresses and guess what? No one gave a damn.
Just not for me I’m afraid. I’ve had friends bag lovely stuff up and dropped by for me to take a look, stuff either not my cup of tea, suited their child, doesn’t suit mine....Ends up going to charity. Each to their own.
Seems like she’s happy for new stuff for the kiddie when it’s #gifted

Reactions: 3
They must literally pay the essentials like mortgage, bills and food. Not entirely sure why they’d extend their family given they can barely afford one child, let alone more.
I find it odd having your first much wanted child in horrendous hand me downs. What’s she gonna do when she goes to school and has to fork out, or will she be in hand me down uniform?!?! Shoes?!?
”Frugal” maybe mean they should stick with one. Asking for hand me downs for no 2 or 3 may be taking the piss. By the time she hands no1s down they’ll be so recycled it’s unreal.
I know it really bugs me they are scruffy old tat, part of having a baby is buying them sweet outfits, you dont gave to spend a fortune, the whole being frugal doesn't work with her as I dong find her transparent, she comes across as mean and pissed off the whole time

Just not for me I’m afraid. I’ve had friends bag lovely stuff up and dropped by for me to take a look, stuff either not my cup of tea, suited their child, doesn’t suit mine....Ends up going to charity. Each to their own.
Seems like she’s happy for new stuff for the kiddie when it’s #gifted
Agree completely same here, I would rather buy less then have my child in second hand, its everyone's choice, I just don't like the concept of her being frugal and pushing it as being woke, when like other people have said she's happy to take all the free stuff

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
God I don’t know if I’m just grouchy today but the whole concept of her blog being about frugality and then every other bloody thing being *gifted* (peggy’s birthday gifts, all her make up products) just really grinds my gears!

Reactions: 5
God I don’t know if I’m just grouchy today but the whole concept of her blog being about frugality and then every other bloody thing being *gifted* (peggy’s birthday gifts, all her make up products) just really grinds my gears!
I once suggested this on one of her posts. Immediately deleted

She’s going on about loss of income etc and had a shoot at home, then puts up that creased sheet, which I assume is some sort of backdrop....give it an iron at least

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I do wonder if they regret the husband giving up his own work. Her sister lives in a massive house. The second hand clothes I think is fine. I wore loads of hand me downs!!

Reactions: 1
I don't follow her closely shall we say..... However I'm looking at her and thinking she may be pregnant again.... Alot of loose fitting dresses. I know she lost a baby a while back but looking at her I think she may be expecting again. Has she mentioned it? I skip thru alot of her stuff. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Wow
I don't follow her closely shall we say..... However I'm looking at her and thinking she may be pregnant again.... Alot of loose fitting dresses. I know she lost a baby a while back but looking at her I think she may be expecting again. Has she mentioned it? I skip thru alot of her stuff. 🤷🏼‍♀️
As annoying as she is I hope this is the case, think they’ve been trying for another baby for a while. Can’t imagine the heartache of loosing a child

Oh she's got so bland recently (before lockdown). All they seem to do is lie around that gloomy over-filled house in dreadful scruffy outfits watching utter tit on telly, eating weird meals and moaning about not being able to afford anything. It's always so messy! And so full of crap!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
If she struggles to afford one how the hell do they think they’ll afford 2.....frugal will get even more frugal...

Reactions: 2
If she struggles to afford one how the hell do they think they’ll afford 2.....frugal will get even more frugal...
She also posted the other day how she doesn’t really like having to look after Peggy every day as it’s hard work....so not sure adding another into the mix will help with that

• Wow
I was wondering if she was pregnant again. I really like her but have found she’s lost her way recently, as have a lot of gramers. It’ll be Interesting to see how they style their kitchen extension when it’s done.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.