The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a mortgage. They’ll normally give you 4-5 times your salary, so say they earn 70k that 280-350k max, possibly less as they’re self-employed. Houses like she has In the area she lives are 6-700k. Maybe they managed to get it for a bit less as it needed work but something doesn’t quite add up....
The top influencers tend to rake in well over 6 figures from earnings so even if she ‘pays herself’ 35k a year she will in all likelihood have accumulated big chunks to put towards a mortgage deposit and pay for the various renos. They all get so much gifted stuff so don’t have to delve into their ‘salary’ much for new clothes/make-up/beauty products, home items like the rest of us.

Reactions: 5
Eaay to be frugal when its all free
The top influencers tend to rake in well over 6 figures from earnings so even if she ‘pays herself’ 35k a year she will in all likelihood have accumulated big chunks to put towards a mortgage deposit and pay for the various renos. They all get so much gifted stuff so don’t have to delve into their ‘salary’ much for new clothes/make-up/beauty products, home items like the rest of us.
Easy to be frugal, when it's all free

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I have a mortgage. They’ll normally give you 4-5 times your salary, so say they earn 70k that 280-350k max, possibly less as they’re self-employed. Houses like she has In the area she lives are 6-700k. Maybe they managed to get it for a bit less as it needed work but something doesn’t quite add up....
My friend lives on the same street as her and yes those houses are around the 700k mark, even hers in the poor state it was in. I think she should re think her frugal angle it doesn't work based on her lifestyle and all the gifted items, I'm sure brands such as sezane have stopped working with her as it doesn't make sense. She annoys me so much as shes so preachy 😡

Reactions: 6
I’m guessing her parents helped them which is fair enough. Mine helped me when I was starting out.

Reactions: 2
My cousins live in their neighbourhood so I know which house is theirs. 192.com shows they bought the house for £630k in Dec 2016. This wasn't their first house though, they have been on the property ladder for a while, so would have made profit of their last flat they sold.

I remember a while back she posted a pie chart of her business income - some from advertising/aff links, and other income from talks etc.

Agree....and tiny portions....my other half would laugh at me if I that was dinner. Maybe the freebie food boxes have dried up.....even prior to this when she used to show her meal planner I would think WTF....tiny bowl of soup for dinner?! Starter maybe 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
They eat as if they’re still students 🤦🏼‍♀️
I’ve just looked at her account & she’s a woman! There’s nothing aspiring about her lifestyle. You’re right about the student thing, they look like they’re on their arses!

Reactions: 4
Agree....and tiny portions....my other half would laugh at me if I that was dinner. Maybe the freebie food boxes have dried up.....even prior to this when she used to show her meal planner I would think WTF....tiny bowl of soup for dinner?! Starter maybe 😂
My husband would be furious after a day at work being served that crap. He works in an office, has a long commute, and wants something decent. Maybe he’s as tight as she is and to be fair his job is hardly strenuous or stressful. They don’t seem to have evolved from students/newlyweds to “a family”.
My husband works hard and wants to live and eat well.

Reactions: 2
My husband would be furious after a day at work being served that crap. He works in an office, has a long commute, and wants something decent. Maybe he’s as tight as she is and to be fair his job is hardly strenuous or stressful. They don’t seem to have evolved from students/newlyweds to “a family”.
My husband works hard and wants to live and eat well.
Completely agree, if we couldn't afford to eat well and feed our children properly holidays/home renovations wouldn't be happening 🙄

Reactions: 3
They must eat a lot more than the tiny portions of dinner that they show us, if that’s their dinner, then what are they eating for lunch and dinner, has to be more substantial.

I don’t think they have very much money at all, a lot of their renovations seem to have been cover up/making do type work. It’s obvious all their windows need replacing but they seem to be doing it room by room and the few they’ve bought haven’t looked great. They must be in this house three years now and still in a make-shift kitchen.

She seems to have given up her free-lance styling career, which she was actually good at, set-up a business but seemed to have to no clear or defined direction as to what she was actually doing, She’s certainly not showing inspiration on any fronts, moans about social media, yet her career centres around it. Is trying to appear ‘woke’ with all her references, usually in the wrong context, about acknowledging her privilege. Everything she wears she labels as ‘old’, has to let us know all her daughter‘s stuff is ‘hand me down’, talks about not buying her gifts at Christmas yet she seems to have an abundance of toys, so she is buying them or being gifted them. All the nonsense too about only buying each person one gift at Christmas - well, who buys more than that for extended family or friends.

It’s all so dreary, the poster above was right about them living a student lifestyle, which is fine if that’s how they want to live.

They put all their eggs in one basket with her husband working for her business, their work seems to have come to a stand-still just now and I can’t see the influencer market going back to what it was. I hope she can find a new direction that she’s happy with because she’s clearly not happy doing what she does Now.

Reactions: 4
They must literally pay the essentials like mortgage, bills and food. Not entirely sure why they’d extend their family given they can barely afford one child, let alone more.
I find it odd having your first much wanted child in horrendous hand me downs. What’s she gonna do when she goes to school and has to fork out, or will she be in hand me down uniform?!?! Shoes?!?
”Frugal” maybe mean they should stick with one. Asking for hand me downs for no 2 or 3 may be taking the piss. By the time she hands no1s down they’ll be so recycled it’s unreal.

Reactions: 1
They must literally pay the essentials like mortgage, bills and food. Not entirely sure why they’d extend their family given they can barely afford one child, let alone more.
I find it odd having your first much wanted child in horrendous hand me downs. What’s she gonna do when she goes to school and has to fork out, or will she be in hand me down uniform?!?! Shoes?!?
”Frugal” maybe mean they should stick with one. Asking for hand me downs for no 2 or 3 may be taking the piss. By the time she hands no1s down they’ll be so recycled it’s unreal.
meh. I see nothing wrong with hand me downs. Kids grow so fast it makes sense to share clothes. Some of my kids clothes are now on their 4th/5th child. And my much wanted first child started school with hand me down pinafores and summer dresses and guess what? No one gave a damn.

Reactions: 11
Agree, some clothes get a wear and a wash and that’s it they’re too small. We’ve become such a throw away society that people should hand down kids clothes more I think. Shoes not so much (just my opinion though, I wouldn’t have second hand shoes for myself either) I always wonder why their child doesn’t seem to have a properly fitted pair, she’s always in those gazelles, which are cute but totally flat and can’t give much support to her growing feet 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think they have stretched themselves, as they’ve been doing it up slowly and with help from their family and I recall they put the carpet on credit cards. Do you think they did the thing of paying chunks off on the mortgage with their income and then borrowing against the equity in the house? I keep wondering what the builders are going to think when they give them the news that they’ve gone through the quote and will be doing some of it themselves (surely it’s agreed already)?

Just most people don’t stretch themselves with a £600,000 - well not outside of London.

But I think they are relatively honest about their lifestyle and that she genuinely is very careful with her money. Prefer it to say Deborah Brett, for example, where they seemed awash with cash!

Reactions: 3
I think they have stretched themselves, as they’ve been doing it up slowly and with help from their family and I recall they put the carpet on credit cards. Do you think they did the thing of paying chunks off on the mortgage with their income and then borrowing against the equity in the house? I keep wondering what the builders are going to think when they give them the news that they’ve gone through the quote and will be doing some of it themselves (surely it’s agreed already)?

Just most people don’t stretch themselves with a £600,000 - well not outside of London.

But I think they are relatively honest about their lifestyle and that she genuinely is very careful with her money. Prefer it to say Deborah Brett, for example, where they seemed awash with cash!
I was thinking that about the builders quote....surely that was all agreed and they’re now in a contract with them. They’ll be reliant on that work and they risk them saying all or nothing and putting themselves in a situation where they have no builders and higher quotes 😬

We got out of London for that very reason. Despite owning a flat there was no way we could get a house in any of the areas we liked (or to be fair any areas near where I worked at all) We got sick of living hand to mouth every month despite earning 6 figures between us and having no debts (that’s not a boast by the way it was just the reality of London living) We both took fairly large pay cuts and moved north. We now have a much smaller mortgage, a big house and money to live and to save every month. I’m very grateful for that, always but especially at the moment and it must be horrible to be living in a building site and wondering if you can afford to keep going

Reactions: 8
I was thinking that about the builders quote....surely that was all agreed and they’re now in a contract with them. They’ll be reliant on that work and they risk them saying all or nothing and putting themselves in a situation where they have no builders and higher quotes 😬

We got out of London for that very reason. Despite owning a flat there was no way we could get a house in any of the areas we liked (or to be fair any areas near where I worked at all) We got sick of living hand to mouth every month despite earning 6 figures between us and having no debts (that’s not a boast by the way it was just the reality of London living) We both took fairly large pay cuts and moved north. We now have a much smaller mortgage, a big house and money to live and to save every month. I’m very grateful for that, always but especially at the moment and it must be horrible to be living in a building site and wondering if you can afford to keep going
Yes, I’ve heard some eye watering takes about 40 year mortgages for 2 bedroomed houses. Also the London salaries have been hit hard by the Covid situation.

Do feel sorry for people caught up in it and she’s probably super stressed.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.