Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Spiesandliea

VIP Member
Who buys the 13 pound matches? Like who? So much packaging just to ship that little useless junk? Well I know who, those middle income people that pretend that they are sustainable shopping in Arket and &other stories (because sustainable? LOL)
how big are these matches for them to come in such large boxes!

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
She’s lost direction and seems unsure of what what way to turn. Fashion seems to bore her now - everything now is ‘this is old’ ‘P wearing ’handmedowns’, not buying P a Christmas jumper but have bought her a second hand red cardigan instead. She‘s lost her eye for putting outfits together or maybe just jaded by it all.

Then the food shopping bills - all spent 10 pound in Lidl and will supplement with store cupboard ingredients -which obviously had to have been bought at some stage.

Then there’s the sustainability/environmental approach -we don’t travel as much anymore, trying to reduce carbon footprint - when in reality, she doesn’t seem to work as a stylist anymore so no travelling to shoot locations and a small baby curtails travel to some extent for most people.

They do have a separate office space which was the very first room they renovated. Strangely they decided to put there a huge desk and a useless reading nook, instead of space for clothes rails if we consider that’s what their job requires.

I believe the previous poster was referring to the office space they have in the house - the not so tiny room next to the kitchen.
They mentioned the rented office and the one they also have in their house, I know they gave up the rented one, not sure what’s happened with the home office

Intrigued

Yeah I saw that. I mean in fairness to her, she has had a very rough year. I think the worry about Peggy walking and the miscarriage is evident. I do feel for her. Just get a bit roly eyed at the money saving stuff she spews out! She lives a very privileged life.
Oh sorry I meant Anneli Bush!

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
It doesn’t appear much thought went into the lay-out of the kitchen units at all. Worst though is the toilet opening into the kitchen, even If it meant reducing the size of the kitchen, they should have the toilet door opening into the hall.
I've been in a new build house with the loo opening straight into the kitchen, did seem a bit gross but obviously it's not a planning issue.

Wippsg

I’m guessing that there are loads of affiliate links on her website. So while she doesn’t make much from insta swipe ups she makes way more through links n the blog. Does her husband only work with / for her?

Definitely agree with a lot of what has been said here. The content is very same-y and doesn't have the same energy that it used to (if that makes sense?). Shame really as she used to be one of my go-to fashion and interior inspirations on instagram...

Freebies_come2me

VIP Member
Oh I’m so glad I found this site! Alex has always wound me up.
I met her about 6 years ago at a press event I was running and she was the most boring person I’ve ever had to sit through a dinner with, all she did was bang on about how poor she was and how she saves money by being ‘frugal’. She said all of this while scoffing free food and drinking free wine, she then trotted off home with her goodie bag of free press samples and into a waiting cab supplied by our brand and taken home. I then had to pack up the event, get everything back to the office and then get a night bus home as I was so skint I only had about £10 left until pay day. After that I thought she was the biggest wanker and tried my best to avoid the boring bastard.
Got a mate who knows someone who did PR for her a couple of years back and apparently her and husband dearest are mortgaged up to their eyeballs so not the best person to take money advice from.
Hahah take comfort that you have £10 left while she has £2 left in her bank account until pay day.

I read on her blog that she made twice the profit when she sold her first flat, I don’t know how she can still claim to be ‘frugal’. I agreed with what you say that they might took up a huge mortgage in order to afford where they are now, ‘frugal’ doesn’t mean ‘financial responsible’

Just while we are on this topic, I love love love thefinancialdiet is USA based but still relevant

Last edited:

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
Someone can still provide childcare in a ‘childcare’ bubble (so grandparents/sister etc) as can registered childminders/nannies, however whether you’d want to do that is another matter, they obviously do....you’d also have to question why they’re eating cheese and crackers or cheap pasta bake for dinner then going out and spending on a meal (although it’s probably gifted so grabbing the freebies)
Thank you - wow, I hadn't even considered that. I guess having childcare in your home is strictly allowed as they are working for you, but it doesn't really seem right. But maybe not much different to a cleaner being in your home when you aren't there. Re Alex & hubby specifically, I feel like she would have mentioned if they had had a family member join their bubble.

ClaraF

She posted on her stories today about her
Sister’s insta being hacked and deleted. Her sister is very upset due to all the photos on it
That’s awful. Can you ever get your insta back once’s deleted? Or has someone else taken it over?? Probably if you contact them they can get it back right?

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
And the food menu looks so crap and basic. It’s easy to spend hardly anything on food if all you’re buying is pulses and vegetables 🙄