Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
Yeah she was. She worked for Red magazine and then went freelance I think. Then her and her husband had a business making videos, promotional videos maybe? And throughout she had her blog. She does seem to have lost her way since she had her first child. I can’t remember when she gave up the day job. I do wonder what her and her husband will do for money if influencing stops being a thing. Yes she has the “frugal“ side of things, but that’s her USP not a separate thing.

Reactions: 1

JustMetotoday

Chatty Member
To be fair to her, whilst I agree she has gone stale, she suffered a miscarriage of twins earlier this year. I’m sure she’s still processing/grieving and I’m guessing that getting her head together is (quite rightly) taking priority over IG content.
Tragic situation for her and her husband but she was stale before that. The miscarriage was fairly recent, she lost her focus well before that.

Reactions: 1
I like her. She seems like a lovely person. Their house will be incredible. God knows what hell they have been through. I wish them both nothing but happiness.

I used to follow her sister, her little boy was gorgeous.

snarksnark

Chatty Member
Some of it comes from that incident recently when she was told a group of people were sat in a pub trying to work out her address from her Instagram, must have been local so familiar with streets and front doors.
Freaked or not, she posted so many pictures of her old flat as well as her new place when she first moved in as well as the areas she lives, that it doesn't take a genius to be able to work out where she lives.

Has anyone actually bought her book yet?

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
It was a strange article - she said she’s bought dresses from ethical independent brands like Kemite Telford, yet did not show us any of the dresses, I don’t think. She suggested she bought a dress from Kemite but instead of showing us the dress, has a picture of Kemite herself.

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
Yeah that is weird and intrusive. If they really wanted to know, they could look back at when she announced it and see if she mentioned how far along she was. Still, I suppose it comes with the territory when you put yourself out there.

Rosie02

My cousins live in their neighbourhood so I know which house is theirs. 192.com shows they bought the house for £630k in Dec 2016. This wasn't their first house though, they have been on the property ladder for a while, so would have made profit of their last flat they sold.

I remember a while back she posted a pie chart of her business income - some from advertising/aff links, and other income from talks etc.

JustMetotoday

Chatty Member
You wouldn’t look at her account and be desperate to work with her.
Yes, I get she’s had a bad year emotionally but she doesn’t look groomed at all these days.
Even the house Reno isn’t particularly interesting, if the house was on Rightmove I’d think it needed a Reno as an old couple lived there. It doesn’t scream young family.

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
She never mentions any styling jobs she’s working on, she used to post about shoots etc, I assume she still does that type of work given they can afford to rent office space in London.

Wippsg

I’m not sure it’s super wealthy. I still like her content and her newsletter was good. But when you become the centre for everything that’s hard because of your life is boring then that put pressure on to make it interesting because you need content. I’d assumed her husband still did freelance work.

If you compare her with Laura WIT, her (Laura) personal life has always been secondary so she’s not central to the brand so less pressure to be on.