The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly...take a break...have a think about the content you post...maybe think about not posting anything to do with the crap you eat for example Pot Noodles, Dominos Pizza or things a skint student would eat. If you want to keep preaching about food, meal planning and shopping, come up with some decent cheap healthy recipes then come show us.

Reactions: 6
Is anyone else confused about having her kids share a room...whilst she uses the 3rd bedroom as a wardrobe. Find her actions totally confusing (most of the time)
When they redid their bedroom why not just opt for sufficient storage.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
yes, I feel the same way about her kids sharing a room together. The children's room is not exactly big and to have 2 beds in there. I don't under how you can have the spare room filled with so many of your own clothes. I would feel so guilty as a mother. She's a complete hoarder. Also, has anyone else noticed how she's now sharing the meals they cook? Looks like someone has been snooping on Tattle!

I hadn't thought about and i might be the odd one out but I don't think it's that weird or should cause any mum guilt ☺
Styling is part of both of their work, in some ways it's like an additional/extended office space. I think if it was a man and the room was being used as a for a mix of his interests and primary source of the family income (for example gym if a PT, or a studio if they dabbled or worked in music) nobody would have the same problem with it.
Fashion and clothes are a multi-billion pound industry employing millions and she's a cog in that machine, styling is how she makes her money but because it's generally regarded as a woman's interest thing, beneath even being a hobby.
They also have the kitchen and second sitting room as work spaces admittedly, but the whole downstairs is play space for the children also; it's not like they're playing independently in their rooms at 3 months and 2/3 years old (in my experience of being around toddlers anyway). Personal space is important as you get older but family time and learning to be around other people is important when you are little, and if using the rooms like that is what makes sense for the family right now fair play to them.

Reactions: 5
@BarefootAndReading absolutely agree with your point about if it was a man. Both my sisters' partners have a bedroom to themselves in their respective 3 bedroom houses, one is for Lego and one is for playing Playstation. I'd love a bedroom just for clothes - probably only if I had enough bedrooms for each of my children as well though.

However she isn't really a fashion blogger anymore and doesn't work as a stylist either, so is it really a large enough proportion of her work to justify an entire room?

Reactions: 4
I hadn't thought about and i might be the odd one out but I don't think it's that weird or should cause any mum guilt ☺
Styling is part of both of their work, in some ways it's like an additional/extended office space. I think if it was a man and the room was being used as a for a mix of his interests and primary source of the family income (for example gym if a PT, or a studio if they dabbled or worked in music) nobody would have the same problem with it.
Fashion and clothes are a multi-billion pound industry employing millions and she's a cog in that machine, styling is how she makes her money but because it's generally regarded as a woman's interest thing, beneath even being a hobby.
They also have the kitchen and second sitting room as work spaces admittedly, but the whole downstairs is play space for the children also; it's not like they're playing independently in their rooms at 3 months and 2/3 years old (in my experience of being around toddlers anyway). Personal space is important as you get older but family time and learning to be around other people is important when you are little, and if using the rooms like that is what makes sense for the family right now fair play to them.
I agree. They may well jiggle the spaces around/convert the loft space in the coming years but at the moment a baby and toddler are fine sharing. It’s not something I can get worked up about, tbh.

Reactions: 3
But don't they already have an office downstairs plus rented office for work stuff?

Also this wardrobe space is for both of them, not just her, so nothing to do with women vs men having rooms for interests in the home. Their bedroom has alcove space for wardrobes so confused as to needing a special room. Especially when they have 2 kids. It's odd to me to renovate a bedroom without thinking properly about storage.

Similar argument people have to Lily Pebbles using the larger bedroom for office and putting Grey in box room. Plus arent they remortgaged up to the hilt already in terms of extending into loft. Just odd choices to me.

Reactions: 2
But don't they already have an office downstairs plus rented office for work stuff?

Also this wardrobe space is for both of them, not just her, so nothing to do with women vs men having rooms for interests in the home. Their bedroom has alcove space for wardrobes so confused as to needing a special room. Especially when they have 2 kids. It's odd to me to renovate a bedroom without thinking properly about storage.

Similar argument people have to Lily Pebbles using the larger bedroom for office and putting Grey in box room. Plus arent they remortgaged up to the hilt already in terms of extending into loft. Just odd choices to me.
They gave up their rented office to save money.....there were A LOT of posts about that....
I find their whole redesign of the house odd. It’s like they haven’t though about how they need to live and instead concentrated on making stuff look good for the gram. They should have paid for an architect or such like to come in and tell them how to make the most of the space, yes it’s an outlay but saves a fortune further down the line when you realise you have nowhere to store anything and need to change everything

Reactions: 7
Thinking of my friends and siblings family set-ups, a lot of them have two siblings sharing a room at this age, even when there's a spare room available. I think separate rooms are only important once the older of the kids expresses a preference for their own space. I presume the baby will be in with them for many months to come anyway. And I'd assume the room will still be useable as a bedroom even with the new wardrobes.

I like their house overall but the lack of storage would drive me potty. She got rid of the under the stairs cupboard space whereas she'd have been better off keeping it and using it for shoe storage. Little kids seem to have endless pairs of boots and shoes. I live in a Glasgow tenement and whatever Victorian genius designed these back in the day was all about the storage spaces. Forever thankful for my giant cupboards.

They do have a separate office space which was the very first room they renovated. Strangely they decided to put there a huge desk and a useless reading nook, instead of space for clothes rails if we consider that’s what their job requires.

They gave up their rented office to save money.....there were A LOT of posts about that....
I find their whole redesign of the house odd. It’s like they haven’t though about how they need to live and instead concentrated on making stuff look good for the gram. They should have paid for an architect or such like to come in and tell them how to make the most of the space, yes it’s an outlay but saves a fortune further down the line when you realise you have nowhere to store anything and need to change everything
I believe the previous poster was referring to the office space they have in the house - the not so tiny room next to the kitchen.

Reactions: 2
They do have a separate office space which was the very first room they renovated. Strangely they decided to put there a huge desk and a useless reading nook, instead of space for clothes rails if we consider that’s what their job requires.

I believe the previous poster was referring to the office space they have in the house - the not so tiny room next to the kitchen.
They mentioned the rented office and the one they also have in their house, I know they gave up the rented one, not sure what’s happened with the home office

The home office is currently a junk room I thought? Rather proving the point about lack of storage.

Cutting up Christmas cards to make them as tags for next years presents makes me chuckle. Very frugal. it’s something I did as a child and my grandma used to do it!

I think she’s needs to consider decluttering a lot of her stuff considering she doesn’t have adequate storage to keep it all. Throwing it into her ‘office’ is just a ridiculous solution

Reactions: 3
They just seem to move all their (shitloads of) crap from one room to the next, using one room as a dumping ground and then sorting it but really just moving it on to the next. I find it bizarre that they are so muddily and messy and that they have SO MUCH STUFF when Alex always claims to be so organised. I'd also really like Chris to wash his hair, it looks wet with grease in some of the pictures.

Reactions: 11
She has created a bit of content of walking down the street and cutting up Christmas cards, so that the advertising wouldn’t appear out of nowhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
They think pot noodles is a gourmet meal so chances are they haven’t tried much....although I do think a lot of it is to plug that box
Also is that it for dinner?! That’d be a starter in our house.....

Reactions: 1
They’re a mass of contradictions aren’t they....their baby recommendations....nappies that cost £10 a pack (which she claiming they have bought more of after their gifted ones)....but then only spending £25 a week to feed themselves.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.