Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Yeah agreed, the two posts almost side by side don’t make sense. I assume they have a budget they try to stick to but funds available. When you’re freelance you can’t rely on a ‘payday’ as often you’re relying on several/many different clients to pay when they say they will but unfortunately they doesn’t always happen, so if she is certain about the day she’ll have more money it’s most likely because they already have the money somewhere in my mind. Otherwise having two quid would be a meltdown situation...

Catching up, agree that the tiles are weird in the kitchen. I’d have wanted to same floor throughout especially if I was doing kitchen cupboards in two colours (which, actually I wouldn’t do 😬). She explained on stories that the light cupboards are fitting in to an original recess where a fire place was, and they worried with too many dark wall units the room would look smaller and heavy, but using lots of different colours and surfaces has kind of made it look busy and small anyway. The other half of the room is planned for a dining/seating area I think.

Also I don’t have that much of an issue with the bathroom opening to the kitchen, two loos helps the value of a property, most homes with three bedrooms now have more than a family bathroom, and a second loo is useful when there are four people sharing a house! You just teach kids the family bathroom is for number twos and that the downstairs toilet is only for having a wee, likewise a guest can probably guess the same deal and pick a bathroom appropriately? Also it’s an new extension. I’m sure the room has a proper air extraction system installed to the outside to remove oders and replace the air without having to leave the door open for ventilation.

Reactions: 1

Goodgolly

I was thinking that about the builders quote....surely that was all agreed and they’re now in a contract with them. They’ll be reliant on that work and they risk them saying all or nothing and putting themselves in a situation where they have no builders and higher quotes 😬

We got out of London for that very reason. Despite owning a flat there was no way we could get a house in any of the areas we liked (or to be fair any areas near where I worked at all) We got sick of living hand to mouth every month despite earning 6 figures between us and having no debts (that’s not a boast by the way it was just the reality of London living) We both took fairly large pay cuts and moved north. We now have a much smaller mortgage, a big house and money to live and to save every month. I’m very grateful for that, always but especially at the moment and it must be horrible to be living in a building site and wondering if you can afford to keep going
Yes, I’ve heard some eye watering takes about 40 year mortgages for 2 bedroomed houses. Also the London salaries have been hit hard by the Covid situation.

Do feel sorry for people caught up in it and she’s probably super stressed.

Mustard

VIP Member
Red is certainly not for her. In fact it looks more orange than red. Either way, may be on trend but doesn’t suit. She needs to go to a beauty counter or a make up artist and find something that works better for her complexion and hair colour.
Yes, it’s like an orangey red. Liberty London Girl (similar colouring) has the same problem with banging on about her favourite orange lipstick and she used to be a fashion editor. Wear orange toenail varnish instead.

Spiesandliea

VIP Member
Might be a stupid question, but now she is on maternity leave how will her husband make any money? Doesn’t be essentially work for her as part of the frugality brand? If she isnt creating content they won’t be getting any money in 🤔

OneLineResponse

VIP Member
#2 The beige (foodie) Frugality, who is not frugal at all

I can’t work out if she actually thinks it’s interesting (e.g. we made extra food so there’s leftovers). Or is she stuck in a content churn loop? I suppose if 250,000 people are following the churn you just start to believe there’s something exceptional about you and your life choices.
Every word and every influencer.

Squirrelfriend

Chatty Member
I really like her still her house is lovely too definitely not frugal by any stretch but it’s so nice . She’s not a twat either .

Bleurghgram

VIP Member
I don't know why she doesn't get back into the styling work. Surely that's got to be more stable and have more longevity than being an influencer.
I don’t think there is styling work at the moment. If you have to cut a person from a shoot, the stylist is an easy one to go. Most have to have their fingers in other pies or do a lot of unpaid work on the side to raise their profile - not that profile is a problem for Alex.

Mustard

VIP Member
She seemed to get repeat questions about what she was wearing in each picture including lipstick. Maybe that is what irritated her, among other things.

Wippsg

Now getting coats (plural) out. Who has more than one or two winter coats?!? Not so frugal or environmentally friendly...

Bleurghgram

VIP Member
Yeah.. A bit late on this, but The Daily Mail used a picture of her, online if i remember rightly not a physical paper, that featured Peggy on an article;
She wrote about it here;

I think there was also (or maybe it was the same article?) an incident where the Daily Mail used her picture on an online article about bloggers buying, wearing and returning clothes and how unethical it was. She rightly took umbridge with it (I'm 100% on her side) as she said it's not something she's ever done and using one of her photo's in the article implied it was a thing she was being accused of. Good on her for getting her lawyers involved.
She attacked Sheerluxe for using content without permission/payment/crediting on a BLM post about 2 months ago. Not sure it was the ideal forum but it was quite entertaining.

Mustard

VIP Member
I don't get influencers' obsession with candles. Hasn't it been proven that burning them too much in your house is dangerous unless they're a specific type? The scented ones are especially bad.

Edited to add a fairly recent link: https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/11/are-scented-candles-bad-for-your-health-10903194/
Don't know what ingredients are in the expensive pweirdo candle, mind you.
Yes! I haven’t read that article but scented ones are especially bad for pets.

Miss Fanny

Dr I think lack of decent food can be noted in a child’s complexion granted she is fair bit always looks so pale not playing outside and crap diet springs to mind !

Lht30

Chatty Member
Matches. Flabbergasted. Who is her target audience? Those who will eat pasta for a week to afford nicer matches?! Of course not, she should just bin the frugality brand, this makes a joke of it!!!

I love her sister’s house.
Someone like Rhiannon Ashlee would be all over these😂

• Haha

Wippsg

I do wonder if they regret the husband giving up his own work. Her sister lives in a massive house. The second hand clothes I think is fine. I wore loads of hand me downs!!