Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Freebies_come2me

VIP Member
Its possible the extension is that shape because that’s where the original kitchen/kitchen extension stops adjoining to a neighbours property. I dont know if you can extend right up to boundary that would require access to your neighbours property without their permission, or if you can even extend on aboundry line any more; can cause a lot of animosity and fall out if its slightly over the line or the builders do damage ect.
Also you don’t have to get planning permission if the extension is less than 3ft or something, so if they were only taking down an old bit of extension and addding a small amount of space that might be part of the reason in addition to the above. Or that‘s was my assessment on that odd little corner nook anyway! Could just be window positioning for catching sun but I doubt it.

Hmm. No matter that you put into a house it’ll date eventually so you might as well regret something you liked than regret something you only half wanted in the first place.

And omg I know, why did she get rid of the old bigger bathroom and not put it back, especially when Internal space matters so much in London? It was apparently one of the first things they did so unless they just acted then realised they couldn’t afford to add it back because it wouldn’t read it’s own value? Or again a boundary issue? She said it was leaky and had damp, but that could be fixed. She also said they knocked it down to bring light in to that back sitting room but you could have still done that by rebuilding that extension, making the back sitting room a little larger in that corner and adding a sky light, and still have a full on bathroom downstairs. it would make the room an odd shape but you could make it make sense by locating the door there rather than off the main hall then it would be completely separate from the kitchen which most people here seem to feel is really important.
or you could add a smaller bathroom with a little court yard Between the sitting room and the bathroom to still bring some light in. If you put a full length glazed door that slid across instead of inwards in the sitting room you wouldn’t lose any space really, and you could just put some plants in that space So you felt more connected to outside.

I love a house Reno and thinking about what I would have done. If you can’t tell. 😬 My favourite bit of tattle! I don’t even dislike Alex, just think they make some odd decisions sometimes.
Thank you for explaining this. Would love to see her floor plan lol. So does she have a downstairs bathroom now?

I just recently encountered her and I agreed with you that she made weird decision. All things seem to me that they are biting more than they can chew. They mentioned that the reason they bought his place is because they want somewhere that is up and coming since they don’t have pension or saving, which is fair enough. If it was me, I would rather get a 550k house and do it up instead of living in a 700k house and do everything half-heartedly.

I am assuming her blog and speciality is to providing money saving advice but it just seems odd to me that they do not emphasize the importance of building up an emergency fund/saving fund. So important for self employed people to have an emergency saving fund.

I follow the financial diet on insta and YouTube and I absolutely love her approach when it comes to finances.

Reactions: 2

JustMetotoday

Chatty Member
Agree....and tiny portions....my other half would laugh at me if I that was dinner. Maybe the freebie food boxes have dried up.....even prior to this when she used to show her meal planner I would think WTF....tiny bowl of soup for dinner?! Starter maybe 😂
My husband would be furious after a day at work being served that crap. He works in an office, has a long commute, and wants something decent. Maybe he’s as tight as she is and to be fair his job is hardly strenuous or stressful. They don’t seem to have evolved from students/newlyweds to “a family”.
My husband works hard and wants to live and eat well.

carriexbradshaw

Is that an exposed plug socket? Is that safe when you have a child running around??? 😳😱 Why is that 'funny' to her?

Dizzy

VIP Member
Whilst I agree with everything you’ve said, playing devils advocate, the definition of investment is the action or process of investing money for profit. The ‘profit’ in the case of expensive clothes, shoes, bags etc could be argued as being the enjoyment one gets from wearing them as well as the longevity gotten from more expensive and therefore better quality pieces (sorry to use such a wanky term!) As an ‘investment purchaser’ these are the reasons I buy more expensive items.

The fact that practically everything she’s wearing is gifted is a fucking joke though.

Reactions: 1

Mustard

VIP Member
I use a small toaster oven to cook a lot of things. It’s economical. Will look into an air fryer.

carriexbradshaw

This makes total sense but surely wasn't meant to extend to enabling people to have nights out away from their kids lol. I am in a tier 2 area like them, and as far as i'm concerned I'd be breaking the rules by allowing someone into my house so that I could go out. Seems like some rules are definitely being bent (unless they do have a relative in their household bubble).
She's got to get those date nights in before baby number 2 arrives. Some people are just a little bit selfish IMO. 👀

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Whilst I agree with everything you’ve said, playing devils advocate, the definition of investment is the action or process of investing money for profit. The ‘profit’ in the case of expensive clothes, shoes, bags etc could be argued as being the enjoyment one gets from wearing them as well as the longevity gotten from more expensive and therefore better quality pieces (sorry to use such a wanky term!) As an ‘investment purchaser’ these are the reasons I buy more expensive items.

The fact that practically everything she’s wearing is gifted is a fucking joke though.
I can see the argument of enjoyment as investment... I think that’s what’s been co-opted by consumerism to the point of parody. For example the L’Oreal strapline “because you’re worth it”.

Miss Fanny

It doesn’t appear much thought went into the lay-out of the kitchen units at all. Worst though is the toilet opening into the kitchen, even If it meant reducing the size of the kitchen, they should have the toilet door opening into the hall.
I didnyt think you could have a toilet directly off a kitchen Planing regs ??

Dizzy

VIP Member
If you think she’s bad Anelli Bush is *wild* she barely discloses gifted stuff and is sent shedloads of beauty stuff.
The amount of stuff she gets sent is incredible, she seems to get more than anyone. She posted a picture of all the parcels waiting for her when she returned to the UK for Christmas and it was obscene, thousands of pounds worth of stuff. And yes I agree with the poster below, such a madam, always pouting and looking at herself lovingly in the camera. The constant ‘obsessed with’ and ‘can’t cope with’ is sooooo fucking annoying.

MrBull

VIP Member
More lippy shilling.. I really don’t think people with her colouring suit the shades she wears. And she is giving a talk on March 2nd, with En Brogue, sadly, who is now blowing the smoke up Alex’s butt. Alex also mentioned that she reads what people think about her online. Tattle perhaps?
Probably. Maybe Mumsnet too.

JustMetotoday

Chatty Member
They must literally pay the essentials like mortgage, bills and food. Not entirely sure why they’d extend their family given they can barely afford one child, let alone more.
I find it odd having your first much wanted child in horrendous hand me downs. What’s she gonna do when she goes to school and has to fork out, or will she be in hand me down uniform?!?! Shoes?!?
”Frugal” maybe mean they should stick with one. Asking for hand me downs for no 2 or 3 may be taking the piss. By the time she hands no1s down they’ll be so recycled it’s unreal.