Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dizzy

VIP Member
I had an extension, downstairs loo in room under the stairs, it's a good use of the space. I thought it wasn't permitted through building control in so close proximity to a kitchen with just one door separating it 🤢
it didn’t used to be but building regs changed a few years ago and it’s now permitted.

Reactions: 1

Readinginks

VIP Member
Totally agree. I actually feel embarrassed if we have a run of too many takeaways (or if we were eating pasta bake every week!). I’d certainly not be broadcasting my Domino’s addiction to the world. I know that sounds terribly snobbish. In different times we’ve lived on a much smaller income and our food bill reflected that of course. But we always prioritised good food above most else. In lockdown we’ve been kept sane experimenting with new recipes, and buying interesting cheese, or local brewed bear or micro-bakery goodies to support local businesses (and turn the food shop into a bit of an activity). I just can’t get my head round the pride and the smugness about the Lidl shop.
I don’t even think it’s about the Lidle shop, the probelm is what she chooses to buy there. I wonder if they would buy more veggies or fruit on their own if they didn’t have that Oddbox sponsorship. I highly doubt.

JustMetotoday

Chatty Member
Red is certainly not for her. In fact it looks more orange than red. Either way, may be on trend but doesn’t suit. She needs to go to a beauty counter or a make up artist and find something that works better for her complexion and hair colour.

They think pot noodles is a gourmet meal so chances are they haven’t tried much....although I do think a lot of it is to plug that box
Also is that it for dinner?! That’d be a starter in our house.....

Freebies_come2me

VIP Member
God that bread! I buy it for my kids as they won’t eat nicer (granary/seaded) stuff and it has a bit of wholemeal in it but never touch it myself 😷

And yeah agreed about the mattress. God knows how much on hand wash and wallpaper but a second hand mattress for their toddler 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited as I’ve just looked again and it’s not the 50/50 bread as I originally thought but the proper shitty white stuff! 😂
That white one is so bad, is what people used to feed pigeons? HAHA maybe she used this for the bacon sandwich only

Freebies_come2me

VIP Member
I don't think a kitchen, it doesn't go with the 'grandness' of her home. Tbh, she has a very nice front door (my fav thing:love::love:!) and I feel very let down the moment i walked in with the gallery wall.

I like her door though but not too sure if it will be dated in a few years. I don't like the floor tiles on the kitchen to 'sectiooned' off

Squirrelfriend

Chatty Member
Damn right the media have no right to use images and attribute a story to it , good for her for getting her lawyers involved .

Ellie2008

When I first found her I was a big fan of her interiors. I like her bedroom & en suite. I don’t like the downstairs, it looks cold, uncomfortable & difficult to keep clean. I like a lot of her style but to me it doesn’t quite mesh or something.
Her daughter is a dote.

Mustard

VIP Member
Her priorities are odd. Why is Peggy having a clean mattress & good healthy food not more of a priority than buying her fancy prints for her room? I only say “good healthy food” as I’m assuming they couldn’t always cook for her while living in the sitting room & seem to eat a lot of crap.

I hate throwing out mattresses as it’s so wasteful but the reality is toddlers pee on mattresses, plus it’s just generally not that hygienic.

I hate to parent shame, I’m far from perfect!
Wasn’t there a link to cot deaths with used mattresses? I know it’s not the same but unless I knew whose mattress it was and it had had a waterproof cover on it, I wouldn’t get a second hand one.

ClaraF

Knew it was going to be a boy when she said she was getting rid of Peggys old clothes! She’s too “frugal” not to reuse!
He does look very cute though!

Boredinstagrammer29

I like her. I don’t know how I found her or what she used to offer. I like her home style and fashion. She wear pieces which I suddenly get burning desire to buy (leopard gap puffa and ace and prince bag) but it’s few and far between.
I find her inoffensive but yeah wish there was more fashion. Not sure how she makes her money, what a life!

snarksnark

Chatty Member
I think she said she'd sent the link to buy the matches to her newsletter followers first or something.