Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
My decorator also refused to use F&B mostly as he said he’d probably need to do 3-4 coats and it would cost me a bomb! There are some good similar ranges with better coverage - Craig & Rose is what we went for in the end which was great.

Reactions: 2

JustMetotoday

Chatty Member
Instagram is saturated with fashion, beauty and home accounts. I’m not quite sure she’s particularly influential these days. She’s not working with many brands these days either, makes me wonder where her account is going. There is room for plenty but I’m not sure how they make a living if the followers are getting bored and brands aren’t collaborating?

Readinginks

VIP Member
Don’t tell me this, the house we are in the process of buying has wooden worktops 😭
I agree with both previous comments re wood worktops. It really depends on how you use them (splashing vs wiping) and what finish they have. The place we used to rent was awful, the sealer they used did nothing and it was a nightmare to maintain. My friend on the other hand is really happy with hers.

Last edited:
You won’t regret it, you might be a convert after this year too :) we tried once and never go back. Okay apart from the falling needles haha
I only ever used to get a real tree, then we moved to a rented place for a while and fake was the easier option, so although we bought a realistic looking one I’m secretly quite excited about a real one....although hoping the dog doesn’t pee on it 😂

Mumdrum

They must literally pay the essentials like mortgage, bills and food. Not entirely sure why they’d extend their family given they can barely afford one child, let alone more.
I find it odd having your first much wanted child in horrendous hand me downs. What’s she gonna do when she goes to school and has to fork out, or will she be in hand me down uniform?!?! Shoes?!?
”Frugal” maybe mean they should stick with one. Asking for hand me downs for no 2 or 3 may be taking the piss. By the time she hands no1s down they’ll be so recycled it’s unreal.
I know it really bugs me they are scruffy old tat, part of having a baby is buying them sweet outfits, you dont gave to spend a fortune, the whole being frugal doesn't work with her as I dong find her transparent, she comes across as mean and pissed off the whole time

Just not for me I’m afraid. I’ve had friends bag lovely stuff up and dropped by for me to take a look, stuff either not my cup of tea, suited their child, doesn’t suit mine....Ends up going to charity. Each to their own.
Seems like she’s happy for new stuff for the kiddie when it’s #gifted
Agree completely same here, I would rather buy less then have my child in second hand, its everyone's choice, I just don't like the concept of her being frugal and pushing it as being woke, when like other people have said she's happy to take all the free stuff

Last edited:

JustMetotoday

Chatty Member
If she struggles to afford one how the hell do they think they’ll afford 2.....frugal will get even more frugal...

NP

VIP Member
sorry if i offended anyone. She is the only person i know enjoying that bread 🤢 i tjink i eat better during student days
Cheap white bread makes perfect fried bread though. My occasional fry up treat. I can’t eat it for a sandwich though. Reminds me of packed lunches at school :sick:

Libertine

VIP Member
I’m not keen. Too many whites and the tile floor behind the island doesn’t look deep enough to put stools.

Her decorating taste was never really my taste, but it was stylish. It feels like she has lost her touch a bit.

Freebies_come2me

VIP Member
I don't get influencers' obsession with candles. Hasn't it been proven that burning them too much in your house is dangerous unless they're a specific type? The scented ones are especially bad.

Edited to add a fairly recent link: https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/11/are-scented-candles-bad-for-your-health-10903194/
Don't know what ingredients are in the expensive pweirdo candle, mind you.
I like candle but burning them feels like I am burning my money, it often 30£ for a 40h burn.

I only buy soy candles though and will never buy from Yankee as it smells too artificial, then again I only light it once a week for 2-3 hours :(

I think a lot of influencers obsess with it because they got it for free most of then time through their PR box. Or they eat like students just to buy a Diptyque candle.

I’m presuming that they can be refilled from some ordinary matchboxes if you are buying them for the arty container.😏
HAHA you're certainly right, just like the Aesop hand soap!

I still can’t believe she has her child sleeping on a second hand mattress, a new one is literally £35 and yet she’s looking at getting sheets handmade to go on it. I’m really hoping when they had their trip to IKEA they picked up a new mattress and we just didn’t see it.
Also as everyone else has said....how rude was that response? She wants things handed to her on a plate but as was said if she gets asked a question you get directed to trail through her website....maybe someone thought she needed a taste of her own medicine.
I thought she probably picked a new one up then too. No one intentionally travels to IKEA just for a few kitchen odds and ends 3 years after they move in to their house. You go for something big and specific then walk out with that, and an insane amount of random house stuff.

Readinginks

VIP Member
I feel their study/home office is a waste of space. They don’t seem to use it and don’t take photos there as the style of frugality is shooting on location rather than editing studio photos. So essentially a desk with a laptop would suffice, not to mention they do have a separate office they are renting. Their kitchen would’ve been much better had they extended it towards middle of the house where that office is.

Totally agree. I actually feel embarrassed if we have a run of too many takeaways (or if we were eating pasta bake every week!). I’d certainly not be broadcasting my Domino’s addiction to the world. I know that sounds terribly snobbish. In different times we’ve lived on a much smaller income and our food bill reflected that of course. But we always prioritised good food above most else. In lockdown we’ve been kept sane experimenting with new recipes, and buying interesting cheese, or local brewed bear or micro-bakery goodies to support local businesses (and turn the food shop into a bit of an activity). I just can’t get my head round the pride and the smugness about the Lidl shop.

• Heart