The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair to her, whilst I agree she has gone stale, she suffered a miscarriage of twins earlier this year. I’m sure she’s still processing/grieving and I’m guessing that getting her head together is (quite rightly) taking priority over IG content.

Reactions: 9
To be fair to her, whilst I agree she has gone stale, she suffered a miscarriage of twins earlier this year. I’m sure she’s still processing/grieving and I’m guessing that getting her head together is (quite rightly) taking priority over IG content.
Tragic situation for her and her husband but she was stale before that. The miscarriage was fairly recent, she lost her focus well before that.

Reactions: 1
Tragic situation for her and her husband but she was stale before that. The miscarriage was fairly recent, she lost her focus well before that.
Yeah I agree, it was before that. I just meant that the miscarriage must contribute to why it’s stayed stale. She must realise that she’s lost her way but bigger things to deal with and all that.

Instagram is saturated with fashion, beauty and home accounts. I’m not quite sure she’s particularly influential these days. She’s not working with many brands these days either, makes me wonder where her account is going. There is room for plenty but I’m not sure how they make a living if the followers are getting bored and brands aren’t collaborating?

Reactions: 2
Instagram is saturated with fashion, beauty and home accounts. I’m not quite sure she’s particularly influential these days. She’s not working with many brands these days either, makes me wonder where her account is going. There is room for plenty but I’m not sure how they make a living if the followers are getting bored and brands aren’t collaborating?
Yes I’ve thought this. How do they make any money? Styling can’t be that lucrative can it? What does her husband do other than take pictures for her?

Yes I’ve thought this. How do they make any money? Styling can’t be that lucrative can it? What does her husband do other than take pictures for her?
According to companies house they are director and editor at Frugality Ltd 😉 maybe he does quite well with freelance video stuff?

Am I alone in thinking it’s a step too stingy to not get your daughter at least something little on Christmas morning from FC? Even if she made or repurposed something. Giving her nothing seems so mean spirited!

Reactions: 8
Am I alone in thinking it’s a step too stingy to not get your daughter at least something little on Christmas morning from FC? Even if she made or repurposed something. Giving her nothing seems so mean spirited!
Surely no parent is that tight?!?! The delight on my kids faces opening even their stockings is priceless. Do they not want any memories.
I’m surprised they had children, they are clearly too frugal!!!!!

Reactions: 4
It’s all seems very dreary isn‘t it? Maybe they don’t intend on doing the Santa thing with their daughter at all. And their daughter crawling around the house with a rat in residence - wouldn’t you think they would call in a pest control company at this stage.

All this we’re only buying one small gift per person this year - isn’t that what most people do??

Surely no parent is that tight?!?! The delight on my kids faces opening even their stockings is priceless. Do they not want any memories.
I’m surprised they had children, they are clearly too frugal!!!!!
She’s just announced it on stories. I get that Peggy won’t remember it but she’ll still experience it and enjoy it on the day. Cut back on adults gifts, yes, but you could give your kid a little book or something, surely.

She just ties herself up in knots trying to be so woke. It’s really wanky. She’s now wondering if it’s better for the Environment to put her coffee grounds in with her food waste or use them as a face scrub, but let them wash down the sink. She needs to lighten the hell up. Her coffee grounds already have mould growing on them so I know what I’d be doing with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I unfollowed when she started whinging about messages and complaining generally. I can’t put my finger on why I don’t like her but I think it’s her obvious disdain for her followers.
Too much of Peggy too, I didn’t want a baby blog, lovely as she is.

Reactions: 7
woahhhhhh I always watch stories on mute so I missed this. That’s dreadful! How about stop buying wanky match sticks and buy your bubba at least 1 book? I like her but that’s some bullshit man

Reactions: 6
I have to admit I’m with the frugality on this way. There is SO much consumerism at this time of year and Peggy’s at an age where the only things she’ll enjoy about Christmas are the pretty lights, fun songs and her family being together. She won’t even know what a present is.

Reactions: 3
I have to admit I’m with the frugality on this way. There is SO much consumerism at this time of year and Peggy’s at an age where the only things she’ll enjoy about Christmas are the pretty lights, fun songs and her family being together. She won’t even know what a present is.
They don’t need to spoil her but surely a few gifts wouldn’t go a miss. Yes, xmas is about lights, magic etc and not just about toys.
If they think 1 is expensive and they get by on second hand and hand me downs makes me wonder how they’d cope with another 2-3 mouths to feed and children to clothe.
Babies/toddlers are cheap. They suddenly go to school and start to really cost....having teens costs a fortune.

She’s just announced it on stories. I get that Peggy won’t remember it but she’ll still experience it and enjoy it on the day. Cut back on adults gifts, yes, but you could give your kid a little book or something, surely.

She just ties herself up in knots trying to be so woke. It’s really wanky. She’s now wondering if it’s better for the Environment to put her coffee grounds in with her food waste or use them as a face scrub, but let them wash down the sink. She needs to lighten the hell up. Her coffee grounds already have mould growing on them so I know what I’d be doing with them.
She seems to overthink and overcomplicate everything!

Reactions: 7
I agree to an extent, I’m not a fan of enormous present piles, but this is too far the other way. Peggy is 18 months, she’ll certainly not understand the value of things but she would enjoy a new toy or book and the experience of unwrapping the “surprise”. Even something from a charity shop or eco/homemade (as that’s her thing!). It just seems miserly.

She’s a spoilt princess yet likes to lecture on “how to do it on the cheap”.

Completely went off her this year , irritating and hasn’t a real clue about being frugal.

Babies/toddlers are cheap. They suddenly go to school and start to really cost....having teens costs a fortune.

She seems to overthink and overcomplicate everything!
She really does. And for people who claim to live frugally they sure have a lot of stuff, there’s always tit everywhere.

Agree regards teenagers - I’m constantly being fleeced 😫

Her latest stories are nauseating. Firstly trying to convince us that 6% of her annual salary coming from affiliate links is small fry.

Then goes on to say that her annual salary has provided for them as a family, allowed for them to rent an office space, and employed 4 others. That’s some salary and as such I suspect 6% of that is nearing £10k.

Oh and then she’s goes to share a message from a follower who wants to know how they can support their favourite instagloggers....like we owe her something

• Sick
Reactions: 8
🙌🏻

6% percent is a very good return for not very much effort, she doesn’t use swipe ups a lot and they’re not very time consuming to do. Her book accounted for just over 3% of income which I’m guessing she spent a lot more time on.

I’m surprised she’s actually give up styling work because I’d imagine once you’re out of it, it would be very hard to get back in and she needs to have an interesting website to keep the brands interested and in the last year it’s all got very bland. I think she said her DH works for thefrugality so they’ve certainly put all their eggs in a basket that could end up being very fragile. She’s depending on her followers and yet at times seems to treat us all as boring nuisances.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.