The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t mind her too much, but the baby shuffling thing is a bit odd no? Other mums I know have been advised to get physio therapy or training to encourage walking. But maybe as people have said, it’ll catch on!
Why is it odd? Lots of babies shuffle before they walk.

Now getting coats (plural) out. Who has more than one or two winter coats?!? Not so frugal or environmentally friendly...
TBF I have about 8!

Reactions: 3
Im all for criticism on influencers but lets not bring peoples children into this stuff please, yes they choose to put them on social media but it doesn’t mean we need to discuss stuff about their babies.

Reactions: 11
I don’t mind her too much, but the baby shuffling thing is a bit odd no? Other mums I know have been advised to get physio therapy or training to encourage walking. But maybe as people have said, it’ll catch on!
My daughter shuffled on her bum for 15 months then walked, it’s completely normal

Reactions: 2
Her baby is 18 months or so, bum shuffling is fine. No medical intervention for walking is needed until 2 years of age if everything else seems ok.

Yes, bum shuffling is an entirely normal stage of development for some babies. Some don’t do it at all, which is also within the spectrum of ‘normal development’. Same with crawling, some do it, some don’t. It’s fine, if everything else is within normal parameters for developmental stage.

Yes I’ve seen. Heartbreaking for them both and brave of her to talk about it.

What a rollercoaster of emotions to be going through. It’s good in some ways she’s managed to be able to share something so painful and personal so that others who are going through or have been through a similar time can feel less alone. Must have been hard to avoid somewhat when sharing a lot of your life on the internet is what you do :( heart breaking.

Reactions: 1
I can’t imagine living my life on instagram every day and then having to navigate something so heartbreaking as this. Hopefully by sharing she feels supported by the lovely comments she’s received

Firing up an old thread as she posted a ‘tutorial’ this evening on how she does her hair. Oh my. Honestly, it’s bloody awful. Really awful. Am I alone in wondering what she’s thinking?

Reactions: 6
Not related to her hair (haven’t seen that yet!) but didn’t anyone notice how she was telling people not to shop Black Friday (or, at the very least that she wasn’t bc she’s too good for it), then she’s at bicester village a week later buying tit from the white company etc. Does she not think that some people need to take advantage of Black Friday sales?!?

Reactions: 5
Not related to her hair (haven’t seen that yet!) but didn’t anyone notice how she was telling people not to shop Black Friday (or, at the very least that she wasn’t bc she’s too good for it), then she’s at bicester village a week later buying tit from the white company etc. Does she not think that some people need to take advantage of Black Friday sales?!?
Oh yes... that and her endless gift guides! 🙄

Firing up an old thread as she posted a ‘tutorial’ this evening on how she does her hair. Oh my. Honestly, it’s bloody awful. Really awful. Am I alone in wondering what she’s thinking?
Yes not the best is it! Feel like a cow and I like the whole tousled, beachy look but I dont think she quite nailed it 😬

totally agree - this also only works for thin hair so it’s not exactly a very universal tutorial. She looked like it needed a good wash and blow dry before attacking it with straighteners! The crackle bit made me laugh...

Oh yes... that and her endless gift guides! 🙄
I recently unfollowed as she’s another grammer full of hypocrisy. I’m not sure why I even followed her, I always had a wry smile watching her stories; I can’t abide her clothes, have never felt the need to buy anything she owns, her hair tutorial was dreadful and the finished piece a disaster, I’d have had to rewash and style if I’d ended up with hair like that, and I don’t like the house, so in all there was no need to follow her anymore.
I don’t like the fact she moans about how tough her job was, how she’s bombarded with messages hence turning commenting off etc etc. She’s another who puts herself out there but wants it all her own way. There’s actually little to like about her or her content.

Reactions: 5
She’s lost direction and seems unsure of what what way to turn. Fashion seems to bore her now - everything now is ‘this is old’ ‘P wearing ’handmedowns’, not buying P a Christmas jumper but have bought her a second hand red cardigan instead. She‘s lost her eye for putting outfits together or maybe just jaded by it all.

Then the food shopping bills - all spent 10 pound in Lidl and will supplement with store cupboard ingredients -which obviously had to have been bought at some stage.

Then there’s the sustainability/environmental approach -we don’t travel as much anymore, trying to reduce carbon footprint - when in reality, she doesn’t seem to work as a stylist anymore so no travelling to shoot locations and a small baby curtails travel to some extent for most people.

She rents office space so I assume she's still doing stying work, but she doesn't ever mention any campaigns shes working on.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.