The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What was the book? What was the point of it? I can’t believe it could have made any money

She upset me once when I screen shot one of her story pics and tagged her to say that I really loved and wanted to buy the coat she had on. She sent me a snotty message asking me to take the pic down?!
The duck?! Idiot! 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
She deleted a comment I made once suggesting it was easy to describe herself as frugal when she was gifted a ton of stuff that other people would normally have to save for.

She clearly loves an echo chamber

Reactions: 10
When you have the privledge of your parents giving you a helping hand (not only with a start on life bout with decorating etc) it is easy to be frugal.

When your furniture, make up, food and clothes are kindly gifted then what do you have to spend your money on?

Reactions: 3
Her parents have very prosperous hArdware shop in South London used by many housing associations , councils and the like.
her close ups really freak me out. She is not the easiest to look at and glasses and close ups do her no favour. However the other day she was doing caudele ad and showed her profile and that was even worse. For someone with such easy access to clothes and great make up im baffled she cannot enhance her better features

Reactions: 5
I unfollowed a while back, it was a mix of the instastories where she holds the phone up, looks into the camera and walks silently down the street filming herself 🙈, and then also that she just cannot hide how rude and bolshy she is

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I unfollowed a while back, it was a mix of the instastories where she holds the phone up, looks into the camera and walks silently down the street filming herself 🙈, and then also that she just cannot hide how rude and bolshy she is
Lol 😆 it’s so self indulgent isn’t it... and since the brace I find the lip smacking off putting too.

I've never heard about her, but I looked on her account and she doesn't look frugal at all. There are better frugal accounts out there.

Reactions: 1
Frugal stemmed I think from her always buying mid range clothes - she’s be aware that say a pleated skirt was item to have for winter and would suss out the best to be had at a reasonable price. Or she’d save for something she really wanted, sell stuff at car boot sales and so on.

The actual house renovations do seem to have been done on a budget and very piecemeal but her furnishings are less frugal as there’s a lot of gifted items and discounts.

She was someone I followed for years but time to unfollow as there’s no lightness to any of her posts now. Maybe she’s just not in a good place now for whatever reason and needs a break from it all.

Reactions: 2
I think the thing I take the most issue with is her definition of “frugal”

Reactions: 5
Yeah, the silent walk down the street filming thing is cringe but then so many of them do it. The Fashionable Pan is terrible for it.

And she’s back to not getting it on her stories. Yes, she only had to buy chilli and creame fraiche to make their dinner so super cheap - BECAUSE YOU’VE BEEN GIFTED the bloody rest.

Reactions: 3
And she’s back to not getting it on her stories. Yes, she only had to buy chilli and creame fraiche to make their dinner so super cheap - BECAUSE YOU’VE BEEN GIFTED the bloody rest.
Also if she’s so bloody frugal surely they’d have spices like chilli already in the house.

Definitely agree with a lot of what has been said here. The content is very same-y and doesn't have the same energy that it used to (if that makes sense?). Shame really as she used to be one of my go-to fashion and interior inspirations on instagram...

I unfollowed a while back ; she’s charmless and touchy.

It’s abundantly clear they have had family money to support their lifestyle (the house) She feels she can offer tips to live within a tight budget such as shopping at Lidl🙄 and using up old paint 🙄whilst buggering off on holiday and to NY for photo opportunities. She suggests buying art to add personality to a home but it’s never a poster from Ikea is it Alex?

I know she used to get irritated about comments about her daughter and rightly so if they are rude but she does feature her a lot ( I’ve scrolled back through) and some people will comment.

Reactions: 4
She went to private school with mother of daughters.

She thinks that wearing an item of clothing more than once makes her frugal. That’s just how normal people live. Most people are not shopping around the clock for new clothes, keeping up with trends.

Reactions: 4
I blame Instagram for taking over from blogs, and Insta-stories more so, they are the new in thing but devalue the content by boiling it down to just a swipe up, nothing more. What would have been an inciteful blog post is now just 'swipe up to buy this' #affiliatelink #ad #gifted
I agree who bothers to read vlogs these days

I don’t mind her too much, but the baby shuffling thing is a bit odd no? Other mums I know have been advised to get physio therapy or training to encourage walking. But maybe as people have said, it’ll catch on!

Now getting coats (plural) out. Who has more than one or two winter coats?!? Not so frugal or environmentally friendly...

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.