The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still don’t get what her website actually does or how she makes money from it 🤷🏼‍♀️ Its not particularly groundbreaking so how does it provide her/the family with what looks to be a decent income? I do generally like Alex so I’m not being a negative Nancy - I just don’t get it. Can someone explain?

Reactions: 8
I’m guessing that there are loads of affiliate links on her website. So while she doesn’t make much from insta swipe ups she makes way more through links n the blog. Does her husband only work with / for her?

I really don’t get how she has so many followers 🤷🏻‍♀️ For me, I can’t get past listening to her talk or breathe for more than 5 seconds without thinking why doesn’t she get her sinuses cleaned out 🤢

Reactions: 6
I still don’t get what her website actually does or how she makes money from it 🤷🏼‍♀️ Its not particularly groundbreaking so how does it provide her/the family with what looks to be a decent income? I do generally like Alex so I’m not being a negative Nancy - I just don’t get it. Can someone explain?
Wasn’t her website income grouped together with Instagram on that pie chart though? I think Instagram ads is where they all make their money these days. Sneaky of her to not separate that out/or show that side of the chart in full. I have no idea why they’re all so shady about Instagram earnings. Are they embarrassed they make so much money from adverts? Would it lose them followers if more people knew? I don’t think it would, personally. It’s only when they’re underhand ads or there’s too many of them that I switch off.

Reactions: 4
I can’t believe one of her money saving goals for the year is to switch home insurance - well yes duh! Most people know you have to do a comparison every year and negotiate don’t they?! Or get cashback with a new provider? Yes she is apparently expert enough to write a book!

All of this stuff has been free advice on moneysavingexpert.com for YEARS.

Also it riles me she uses real Farrow and ball when the colour matching from some places is so exact. Farrow and Ball is not frugal.

I can’t believe one of her money saving goals for the year is to switch home insurance - well yes duh! Most people know you have to do a comparison every year and negotiate don’t they?! Or get cashback with a new provider? Yes she is apparently expert enough to write a book!

Also it riles me she uses real Farrow and ball when the colour matching from some places is so exact. Farrow and Ball is not frugal.
Not to mention professional painters rate Farrow and Ball as being a really crap brand of paint!

I think most of their paint is usually gifted. A lot of the stuff for their home has been gifted in fact - expensive tiles etc. It’s not a “frugal” renovation by any means for followers. It’s frugal for her because she gets lots of free tit.

• Heart
The thing is she gets so much gifted stuff that she can afford to pay for the renovation. What she doesn’t seem to understand is that most people, when undertaking home improvements, have to cut back on other stuff.

But we see her taking her daughter to the theatre, free with ‘press tickets’. Most of us have to make the choice and thats what really managing your money is all about.

she is in no position to suggest she can Advise and share ideas on managing money because she never really has had too.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
These grammers dont live in the real world, so you have to take most of their life with a pinch of salt. I’ve certain become more wary and refuse to purchase any from their swipe ups or fall for the advertising.

If you think she’s bad Anelli Bush is *wild* she barely discloses gifted stuff and is sent shedloads of beauty stuff.

Reactions: 2
If you think she’s bad Anelli Bush is *wild* she barely discloses gifted stuff and is sent shedloads of beauty stuff.
The amount of stuff she gets sent is incredible, she seems to get more than anyone. She posted a picture of all the parcels waiting for her when she returned to the UK for Christmas and it was obscene, thousands of pounds worth of stuff. And yes I agree with the poster below, such a madam, always pouting and looking at herself lovingly in the camera. The constant ‘obsessed with’ and ‘can’t cope with’ is sooooo bleeping annoying.

Reactions: 1
The amount of stuff she gets sent is incredible, she seems to get more than anyone. She posted a picture of all the parcels waiting for her when she returned to the UK for Christmas and it was obscene, thousands of pounds worth of stuff. And yes I agree with the poster below, such a madam, always pouting and looking at herself lovingly in the camera. The constant ‘obsessed with’ and ‘can’t cope with’ is sooooo bleeping annoying.
She did do the obligatory “life isn’t all as perfect as it looks on the gram” post though that they all seem to roll out every now again just to pacify us all and try and seem relatable 😴😴😴

Reactions: 3
She did do the obligatory “life isn’t all as perfect as it looks on the gram” post though that they all seem to roll out every now again just to pacify us all and try and seem relatable 😴😴😴
Yeah I saw that. I mean in fairness to her, she has had a very rough year. I think the worry about Peggy walking and the miscarriage is evident. I do feel for her. Just get a bit roly eyed at the money saving stuff she spews out! She lives a very privileged life.

Yeah I saw that. I mean in fairness to her, she has had a very rough year. I think the worry about Peggy walking and the miscarriage is evident. I do feel for her. Just get a bit roly eyed at the money saving stuff she spews out! She lives a very privileged life.
Oh sorry I meant Anneli Bush!

Her second hand office chair costs more second hand than all my office chairs. She isn’t Frugal in anyway. It is an Aeron chair and refurbished coat around £300!

Reactions: 5
Ok I’ve literally on just caught up on the hair tutorial and I am flabbergasted....

• Haha
If you buy your micellar cleansing water from Caudalie and not bloody Tescos like most of us mere mortals then are you are 100%, without doubt, not living frugally. Choose your side Frugality, but for me I’m finally unfollowing, sick of the double standards.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I also noted that she said she took January off last year. The whole month of January. Most people can’t afford to do that no matter how frugal they live...

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.