The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She has completely lost her way which is a shame as prior to Peggyā€™s birth, she shone with happiness and good health, and she always looked very polished. Some of my favourite outfits were inspired by her styling.

I suppose a very late walker, the loss of twins and the stress of a subsequent pregnancy during covid, combined with possible financial pressure, have taken their toll. Iā€™d hate to have a large audience watching along from home and no amount of free stuff could compensate for the loss of my privacy.

Iā€™m baffled by the matches! Such a random product to invest time and money into producing.

Reactions: 8
I am baffled by the matches! I honestly expected her first product to be something mind blowing, frugal, useful yet desirable. I just don't get it! They are a nice enough box of matches but.. but.. can anyone enlighten me? Are matches some sort of cult product? Am I the only person left using an old disposable lighter?!

• Sick
Reactions: 6
The matches thing is super weird. I also donā€™t really understand - as lots of people have said before - why you would fix up the inside of your house when there are obviously issues with exterior (IG stories). Surely a risk of damp!

Reactions: 3
She has completely lost her way which is a shame as prior to Peggyā€™s birth, she shone with happiness and good health, and she always looked very polished. Some of my favourite outfits were inspired by her styling.

I suppose a very late walker, the loss of twins and the stress of a subsequent pregnancy during covid, combined with possible financial pressure, have taken their toll. Iā€™d hate to have a large audience watching along from home and no amount of free stuff could compensate for the loss of my privacy.

Iā€™m baffled by the matches! Such a random product to invest time and money into producing.
A very late walker? What has that got to do with anything? My daughter was outside the normal range and is fine. I am fine. You would never know. Very normal for a bum shuffler to walk close to 2. Alex said it seemed to be everyone else worrying her.

Reactions: 4
A very late walker? What has that got to do with anything? My daughter was outside the normal range and is fine. I am fine. You would never know. Very normal for a bum shuffler to walk close to 2. Alex said it seemed to be everyone else worrying her.
I think what she means is that sheā€™s been under a lot of scrutiny and presumably she was worried re the walking for her to need to consult a professional.

Reactions: 2
Youā€™d wonder how she could actually make money from those matches - Ā£9 per box - Deduct packing cost, time spent boxing and labelling and dealing with couriers, presumably the artist received a fee, absorbs some postage costs herself, tax on any profit, etc, The actual product must cost pennies to buy from manufacturer. Itā€™s a very niche market.

I was going to say we should guess how much the matches will cost. I knew they would be expensive but that is extortionate. She's having a laugh! I'm actually gobsmacked lol. Ā£12!!! duck me. For people with more money than sense.

Reactions: 5
I think what she means is that sheā€™s been under a lot of scrutiny and presumably she was worried re the walking for her to need to consult a professional.
Yep, most first time parent worry, particularly about milestones, but Alex had the additional pressure of a large number of followers watching.

Also, several influencers had babies within the same couple of weeks of Peggy being born, and while I wasnā€™t exactly comparing the development of the babies, I did compare what and how much the parents were sharing online.

I wouldnā€™t be an Influencer for quids. (Or Ā£12 matches.)

I find it so bizarre sheā€™s gone totally against what her ā€œbrandā€ stands for selling these matches for Ā£9. Whatā€™s frugal about buying Ā£9 matches?! There are so many other things she could have done surely?!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I also find the timing of this product launch, which is nothing more than self-indulgence, very tone deaf. So many people affected by the worst global crisis of our lifetime and with Brexit tit just about the hit the fan, matches are clearly not a priority!

Reactions: 10
I also find the timing of this product launch, which is nothing more than self-indulgence, very tone deaf. So many people affected by the worst global crisis of our lifetime and with Brexit tit just about the hit the fan, matches are clearly not a priority!
I know you can get the tit from Tesco for a quid or that little gun thing. Or steal it from hotel like me lol

Matches. Flabbergasted. Who is her target audience? Those who will eat pasta for a week to afford nicer matches?! Of course not, she should just bin the frugality brand, this makes a joke of it!!!

I love her sisterā€™s house.
Someone like Rhiannon Ashlee would be all over thesešŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Moaning about the cost of childrenā€™s shoes but thinks itā€™s ok to spend and encourage others to spend Ā£9 (plus Ā£3 postage) on a box of matches.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Jzzz, she moaned about shoes price, is she even for real. I understand the growth spur means she constantly switching them up, if you are painting your wall in F&B, you can afford shoes. Duh

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.