The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With regards to the kids shoes, you really don’t need your child to be wearing brand names shoes. There are plenty of high street stores that sell perfectly decent shoes for children. The logic of scrimping on your child (second hand shoes, second hand bed & mattress, second hand clothes and scrimping on food), yet splashing out on household items such as spoons and soap dishes etc makes no sense to me! Their priorities are so off! Buying a house you can afford to do up makes no sense either. Affording something does not mean remortgaging and putting it on credit cards. They are in debt to the hilt, I don’t understand living a life like this, champagne 🍾 lifestyle on lemonade 🍋 money!

* can’t afford to do up

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I find it so bizarre she’s gone totally against what her “brand” stands for selling these matches for £9. What’s frugal about buying £9 matches?! There are so many other things she could have done surely?!
You might as well just roll up 2 fivers and burn them! Buy a lighter!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The comment on this 😂😂 encouraging people to spend £12 on marches is not a sensible approach to money
I don’t think her audience are that frugal, i am sure her audience are doing quite okay and not from lower middle income group- ie rich people that pretend to be poor. So i guess most of them can afford pretentious af matches :/
Her audience are quite different from Hinch’s , whom may struggle with money whom buy cheap but more tats.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I’m going to unfollow if the awkward, “Stare into the camera while walking” on Stories continues.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Happy they’ve arrived in one price! They’re a bloody box of matches not some priceless vase 😂
B4D49B6E-86E3-4DA2-B313-919FC9454032.jpeg

• Haha
I bet behind her back friends and family who offer their hand me downs to her actually roll their eyes and find her a bit of a parasite.

I do like Alex. I met her once, she is very nice but we have different views on childrens clothing and shoes. My daughter comes before anything in the house or for us and we pay for new shoes from Clark's as and when she needs them. We are not well off but we make sure we give our daughter new fitted shoes. I'm personally not a fan of second hand shoes for kids. We are privileged to be in this position to make that choice, but so is Alex.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I was always told that you shouldn’t hand down shoes as they will have moulded to the child’s feet and won’t support the next child as well? Maybe this is a marketing ploy from shoemakers but even so, I’d rather save money on second hand clothes & just buy new shoes; proper fitting shoes are so important for the child’s development

Reactions: 9
I was always told that you shouldn’t hand down shoes as they will have moulded to the child’s feet and won’t support the next child as well?
I’ve been told that by a paediatric podiatrist so its not just a marketing strategy. One of my children detested wearing fitted Clark shoes, but now concedes that as an athletic young adult they have no ‘feet problems’. 😏

Reactions: 4
I do like Alex. I met her once, she is very nice but we have different views on childrens clothing and shoes. My daughter comes before anything in the house or for us and we pay for new shoes from Clark's as and when she needs them. We are not well off but we make sure we give our daughter new fitted shoes. I'm personally not a fan of second hand shoes for kids. We are privileged to be in this position to make that choice, but so is Alex.
It is quite important not to scrimp on shoes. I don’t mind second hands clothes or cheaper ones but shoes are essential.
Of course, if you are on a very tight budget you’d accept second hand but Kids need nutritious food, good shoes and to be warm.

• Heart
I am pleased for her that her matches seem to be a success - I would never have expected them to be! I am clearly not the target market!

Reactions: 4
I noticed in her stories yesterday she has the same pweirdo candle as Sali Hughes - Ginsberg is God 🤢

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.