The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My parents used to collect matches on their travels - mostly from hotels and restaurants. They had a big glass container filled with them. Obviously from the days of smoking. Looking back, it’s good we didn’t have any pyromaniacs in our family.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Thoughts on the matches collab? (Matches as in fire, not Matches Fashion 😝)
What the hell?! Most of us have better things to worry about and spend money on then decorative match boxes at the moment!! Also...not very frugal in my opinion. A frugal person doesn’t blow money on matches in pretty boxes! Goes completely against her brand if you ask me! Mind you, what actually is her brand now?! Love the “charity shop” reference to her home by a previous poster. Spot on! It looks like a bloody jumble sale, especially when you look at her sisters beautiful and tastefully done house.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
If someone can spend time searching for decorative match boxes they are not living a frugal life. Wtf is her target audience, I just don’t get it. I would be interested to see the price point for her products, that will truly be telling of her idea of frugality.

Also, I cannot believe she’s reposting that black washi tape nonsense. It looks like something I would’ve done as a student to fix up my room, definitely not a clever grown up approach to a house reno.

I can just imagine their house falling apart in no time, chipped paint everywhere, washi tape peeling off, framed prints landing on kids’ heads as they are such fans of command strips. I find it really irresponsible that followers have warned her about it multiple times and she points it out then ignores it. It’s not like they don’t have a toddler and another one on the way.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
That are like petulant children, their way only, don’t want advice and put themselves out there for others to feel bewildered by their very odd lifestyle. I mean they behave like children, least her sister appears to have grown up.

Reactions: 3
Matches. Flabbergasted. Who is her target audience? Those who will eat pasta for a week to afford nicer matches?! Of course not, she should just bin the frugality brand, this makes a joke of it!!!

I love her sister’s house.

• Haha
Yeah, when I think of frugal products, I don’t know what I think of, but it’s not matches in a fancy box. Really weird. I guess she thinks “the frugality” is her and therefore her shop can sell things she likes but ya know, words mean things. Frugal she isn’t and never really has been. I’ve said it before but I think she’s always been the poor relation to her peers (her sister, fellow staff at the magazines who married rich men) and tried to make it into a thing, but really she’s still trying to keep up with them and can’t afford it.

Reactions: 4
hahahah matches, the most useless thing that one can collaborate in 2020
I stole mine from the hotel to heat my room because I am the true frugality

• Haha
Gosh can you imagine how long she has been working on these matches, bet it’s been months and months. When all it comes down to is a shell printed on a box of matches 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Gosh can you imagine how long she has been working on these matches, bet it’s been months and months. When all it comes down to is a shell printed on a box of matches 😂😂
And she didn’t even design or draw the shell, it is someone else’s work.

Matches? What? Is there a gap in the market for Influencer-flogged matches?

• Haha
Bloody matches! In 2020 I’d be buying them to burn this year down!

And what is this about giving a shout out to pregnancy skin! Her skin looks so dry and wrinkled, it looks like it needs a lot of hydration! She just looks old

😔 I feel for Alex I think she’s struggling to find what to post and why. The matches thing is a bit weird but she has always shared pics of the cool matchboxes she’s bought so I suppose it makes sense. Not frugal though! The make up video seems totally pointless as she’s rubbish at applying it (sorry Alex) and none of it is sponsored or affiliate if she wanted to make money off of the post...

Reactions: 6
i don't understand the need for 2 account, there is no difference of what each account serves.

If I get that matches for xmas I will be livid

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
Instead of creating a new account for the frugality, she should have made a new one for her personal account. I think she would have got a lot more followers on the second account that way. People follow her for the house reno and kid stuff, not for frugal tips.

“I usually use a CC cream but I won’t today and I won’t name the brand as they have limited shades” this is not activism or inclusivity and has really annoyed me? If you really cared you would throw it away and buy a more inclusive brand - not just not use it on the day you film yourself putting on make up so you don’t lose woke points.

Reactions: 12
Bet is in she’s having a boy!!

She’s giving away girl baby clothes (Dress and boomer, stuff which isn’t gender neutral) to baby banks.

If she was having a girl she would surely keep then due to being so frugal?

That odd make up tutorial and the nasal heavy breathing, I'm finally out! I've said it previously I had nasal issues and had it sorted was life changing! she needs an op how she can live like that not being able to breath properly? Her content isn't relevant fir me anymore, is it relevant to anyone?

She’s completely lost her way, she’s just random! You never know what you’re going to get each day. As for the frugal angle, I don’t understand who these ‘frugal’ tips are for? Maybe those who aspire to be all fur coat and no knickers?!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.