The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't get influencers' obsession with candles. Hasn't it been proven that burning them too much in your house is dangerous unless they're a specific type? The scented ones are especially bad.

Edited to add a fairly recent link: https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/11/are-scented-candles-bad-for-your-health-10903194/
Don't know what ingredients are in the expensive pweirdo candle, mind you.
Yes! I haven’t read that article but scented ones are especially bad for pets.

Reactions: 1
Who buys the 13 pound matches? Like who? So much packaging just to ship that little useless junk? Well I know who, those middle income people that pretend that they are sustainable shopping in Arket and &other stories (because sustainable? LOL)

Reactions: 4
I’m presuming that they can be refilled from some ordinary matchboxes if you are buying them for the arty container.😏

Reactions: 3
I don't get influencers' obsession with candles. Hasn't it been proven that burning them too much in your house is dangerous unless they're a specific type? The scented ones are especially bad.

Edited to add a fairly recent link: https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/11/are-scented-candles-bad-for-your-health-10903194/
Don't know what ingredients are in the expensive pweirdo candle, mind you.
I like candle but burning them feels like I am burning my money, it often 30£ for a 40h burn.

I only buy soy candles though and will never buy from Yankee as it smells too artificial, then again I only light it once a week for 2-3 hours :(

I think a lot of influencers obsess with it because they got it for free most of then time through their PR box. Or they eat like students just to buy a Diptyque candle.

I’m presuming that they can be refilled from some ordinary matchboxes if you are buying them for the arty container.😏
HAHA you're certainly right, just like the Aesop hand soap!

Reactions: 2
Who buys the 13 pound matches? Like who? So much packaging just to ship that little useless junk? Well I know who, those middle income people that pretend that they are sustainable shopping in Arket and &other stories (because sustainable? LOL)
how big are these matches for them to come in such large boxes!

So over the last few days Alex has been showing us how they've spent hours and days packing and sending parcels out. Yet the matches were only added to her online shop the other day - yesterday maybe? So who have they been sending them to? Is this just freebies to other influencers? Surely you'd do those first, then launch the product at the same time as you launched it on the shop? Or am I missing something lol.

Reactions: 4
I think she said she'd sent the link to buy the matches to her newsletter followers first or something.

Reactions: 1
I literally cannot comprehend who would buy these matches from her!!!??? And surely it goes totally against everything she claims to stand for!!?? I’ve spent days watching open mouthed on her insta! And all the OTT packaging, I thought she wanted to save the recycling world???!!

Reactions: 9
I asked her whether she thinks the matches tie in with her frugal brand and she said it's "affordable art". Why are all of these "influencers" such knobheads?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I asked her whether she thinks the matches tie in with her frugal brand and she said it's "affordable art". Why are all of these "influencers" such knobheads?!
Low bar but at least she replied and didn't block you like most influencers would with anyone questioning them

Reactions: 5
And this is the same person that unpacked her shopping and gave back the packaging to the delivery driver that brought her shopping! I just find her laughable.
On a separate note she a complete hoarder and really needs to sort through her tit!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So over the last few days Alex has been showing us how they've spent hours and days packing and sending parcels out. Yet the matches were only added to her online shop the other day - yesterday maybe? So who have they been sending them to? Is this just freebies to other influencers? Surely you'd do those first, then launch the product at the same time as you launched it on the shop? Or am I missing something lol.
There were probably some freebies - Laura Fantacci (Wardrobe Icons) had some in her home on the day they launched to buy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.