The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly would not be at all surprised.
We once fitted a new kitchen with a range style cooker, one of the brats drove a toy truck into the front and dented it in the first week.

Bespoke handpainted doors, great for the gram, but with toddlers, nah, not so much.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Imagine spending all that money and all that time designing and planning your kitchen just to use black tape to cover up the white which you don’t like 🤣 that tape isn’t going to last long especially with kids, washing the cabinets, heat from the kitchen etc!
Surely no one follows her for home designs?

Reactions: 2
We once fitted a new kitchen with a range style cooker, one of the brats drove a toy truck into the front and dented it in the first week.

Bespoke handpainted doors, great for the gram, but with toddlers, nah, not so much.
Oh no! We have fairly durable gloss kitchen units but even one of my daughters managed to dent one of our cupboards swinging a pull along toy around. Honestly you can’t have nice things with kids around! All that dark woodwork must chip so badly with kids around, so much upkeep.

Perhaps she doesn’t know enough people with children a similar age. I find a lot of first time mums like her, unaware their kids aren’t unique....
Oh no! We have fairly durable gloss kitchen units but even one of my daughters managed to dent one of our cupboards swinging a pull along toy around. Honestly you can’t have nice things with kids around! All that dark woodwork must chip so badly with kids around, so much upkeep.
I can see her spending the rest of her life repainting skirting boards and that bannister. Especially considering she insists using the smallest brush possible and doing everything by the eye. I can just imagine all the wonky wobbly lines in that house, plus all the chipped paint, would drive me nuts!

Reactions: 3
There’s absolutely no point of difference between the two accounts. Any ad would fit either page: Odd vegetables in Alex’s new kitchen! Odd vegetables are frugal in a new kitchen!

She’s just doubled her workload having to generate content for two accounts right before she has a baby. 🤦‍♀️
Yes there is another bedroom which she used as a dressing room. She was clearing it out when she was pregnant with her twins. At the time she said it was for grandparents to come and stay. Maybe they’ll get an au pair!! 😂

Wow, epiphany! Did you know you can use up stuff you already have before you buy new things? I know, blows my mind!!! Who would’ve
C402FCA1-20EA-41E7-8CE3-AA7D9898DB09.png
thought of that!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I swear she thinks she invented frugal living.

I had a theory, which came about the other day when she mentioned her sister on the washi tape post. She once featured her sister's house on her blog, and I remembered it being very big and in a very nice area of London. I went back and had a look, and the post actually contains the area the house is in and the date it was bought 😳 It took about 2 mins to find on Rightmove. They bought it 5 years ago and have done a loft conversion. I think maybe Alex had to get the house in London to renovate, to keep up with her sister? Except clearly the sister runs the family business and her husband probably has a very good job. Their lifestyles are worlds apart.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I swear she thinks she invented frugal living.

I had a theory, which came about the other day when she mentioned her sister on the washi tape post. She once featured her sister's house on her blog, and I remembered it being very big and in a very nice area of London. I went back and had a look, and the post actually contains the area the house is in and the date it was bought 😳 It took about 2 mins to find on Rightmove. They bought it 5 years ago and have done a loft conversion. I think maybe Alex had to get the house in London to renovate, to keep up with her sister? Except clearly the sister runs the family business and her husband probably has a very good job. Their lifestyles are worlds apart.
Is her sister The Wisos account? I’ve just had a look. They all look very polished and the house looks beautiful (although images are deceiving as we all know!)it looks worlds apart from the cluttered mis matched done “on the cheap” Frugality account and home! I’d be competitive too if that was my sister- she looks very polished herself too!

Reactions: 4
Is her sister The Wisos account? I’ve just had a look. They all look very polished and the house looks beautiful (although images are deceiving as we all know!)it looks worlds apart from the cluttered mis matched done “on the cheap” Frugality account and home! I’d be competitive too if that was my sister- she looks very polished herself too!
Wow her account is great - great find. The house is lovely, period yet classy - frugality house looks like old people live there or charity shop finds...this house looks bright clean and is generally stunning.
I love the fact they are so different, she’s clearly not obsessed by gender neutral and dresses her kids well too. Poor Peggy.

Reactions: 3
Strange collaboration, you wouldn’t think there would be much of a demand for decorative boxes of matches. I’m wondering how they will post them without the boxes getting battered in the postal system, sticking in a Jiffy bag won’t offer much protection and using a box would surely make packing and postage costs too expensive.

Who buys decorative boxes of matches anyway, I buy the regular ones and always put keep them out of reach or sight. Would anyone, as Alex mentioned, really keep them on display in their bathroom, especially if they have children in the house.

Reactions: 6
This was my first thought! She has a young child so you just can’t keep matches on display - I guess perhaps you empty the box? But then why would you? I know she loves decorative match boxes but it does seem incredibly niche. Maybe her followers tend not to be parents 🤷🏼‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.