The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #7 Everything is affordable when it's #gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off I go ASA to report
🙏🏻🙏🏻 doing the lord’s work, thank you.

So many influencers whinge about having a thread here but 90% of the threads have been started because they refuse to meet their legal obligations and declare ads. The quickest way to silence this thread would be……. To do the bare minimum in your “job”!

Reactions: 12
🙏🏻🙏🏻 doing the lord’s work, thank you.

So many influencers whinge about having a thread here but 90% of the threads have been started because they refuse to meet their legal obligations and declare ads. The quickest way to silence this thread would be……. To do the bare minimum in your “job”!
It’s very quick to do, I’m sick to death of these people not doing their jobs properly!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Also, why is she further cluttering her walls?! 😭 She does not need any further art! Anything for a payday though I guess…

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Two parents painting picture frames and watching Netflix at home while their one school aged kid goes to wraparound childcare after school. Just wow.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
So Peggy's at afterschool club at least 4 times a week whilst these two do nothing.
I can’t comprehend this? Her dad is unemployed? My boss is a C level employee and he does the school run and his LO plays in the same room for the rest of the work day, which is like a hour and a bit?! 🤯

I can’t understand using the immense privilege of remote and in their case low input hours working and yet still choose to spend so little time with your LO? 🤯🤯🤯

Reactions: 8
I can’t comprehend this? Her dad is unemployed? My boss is a C level employee and he does the school run and his LO plays in the same room for the rest of the work day, which is like a hour and a bit?! 🤯

I can’t understand using the immense privilege of remote and in their case low input hours working and yet still choose to spend so little time with your LO? 🤯🤯🤯
Yeah we both work full time but juggle so the kids wouldn’t have to attend the after school club unless it can’t be avoided. There’s no way a reception age child should be there 4 days a week when their parents are perfectly able to collect them. This girl must be so shattered.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Non mum here - is after school club free? I wouldn’t be surprised if Alex thinks Peggy loves it and that she feels entitled to it “to get the most value for money/time”. and it’s great as she gets an extra hour a day at home to plan her ridiculous meals or buy tat from Tiger

Reactions: 2
Non mum here - is after school club free? I wouldn’t be surprised if Alex thinks Peggy loves it and that she feels entitled to it “to get the most value for money/time”. and it’s great as she gets an extra hour a day at home to plan her ridiculous meals or buy tat from Tiger
They are not free. Even if the children enjoy them, they are tiring and you hardly get to see your child afterwards as most finish at 6pm and a 4/5 year olds tend to go to sleep at 7/8pm.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
They are not free. Even if the children enjoy them, they are tiring and you hardly get to see your child afterwards as most finish at 6pm and a 4/5 year olds tend to go to sleep at 7/8pm.
That is crazy to put her through that. And surprised that Alex would fork out? She really does think she’s got a full time job doesn’t she

Reactions: 3
WHY does she need a basket to carry things that fit in her hands?
WHY is she fannying about at home not going to the office when she could get there earlier and NOT need to put her child in after school club?
WHY???????

That is crazy to put her through that. And surprised that Alex would fork out? She really does think she’s got a full time job doesn’t she
Just checked the prospectus for a school we viewed (and hated lol) and wrap around care is £20 a day. If my unemployed bum of a husband was sat at home whilst we incurred £100 a week childcare costs I’d go spare.

My child isn’t of school age yet but I wonder if schools bill monthly or can add it onto the invoice for termly fees? In that case her parents will be paying so 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Just checked the prospectus for a school we viewed (and hated lol) and wrap around care is £20 a day. If my unemployed bum of a husband was sat at home whilst we incurred £100 a week childcare costs I’d go spare.

My child isn’t of school age yet but I wonder if schools bill monthly or can add it onto the invoice for termly fees? In that case her parents will be paying so 🤷🏻‍♀️
We pay at the start of each term. So they are probably all in one bill for Alex.. sorry I mean her parents.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
We pay at the start of each term. So they are probably all in one bill for Alex.. sorry I mean her parents.
They really are living like teenagers - sneakily getting more tv time cos the parents are paying for wrap around. Like you’re grown and meant to enjoy your kids and family??

Btw this is no shade to anyone who uses childcare or wrap around because you’re working at allllll.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh that’s made me sad. My 4 year old goes to after school club every day at the moment, but me and my husband are in full time employment. I would kill to have the flexibility that she does (and am considering my options for changing things going forward). She doesn’t know she’s born. 😡

Btw I love how we have all just assumed that this is definitely a private school.
(Mine is not and it’s £16 a day if I was to use the full provision but I don’t. Anyway it’s nothing compared to £100 a day nursery fees!)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
As others have said that’s a lot of after school clubs for the poor little thing, my toddler does 8-5 4 days a week as I’m full time working and so is husband and she’s absolutely shattered! I’ll be dropping down to part time when she is at primary so we don’t have to use after school clubs as much.
They’re so bloody lazy! They are at home all bloody day! I don’t know why some people have kids if they just keep them at school all day.
My husbands mother (the dreaded MIL) used to do this with him and send him to camps in the summer to get rid of him and at 45 he still mentions how upsetting it was

• Sad
Me too but remember that even if Alex and Dopey are paying for it (unlikey I think we can agree) I really don't think £20 a day so they can have a couple more hours watching Netflix on yet another free trial is a big deal to them. Despite claims to the contrary, the fact that they "work" (and I use that term very loosely) barely part-time hours and yet still manage to own a large £800k+ house in a nice part of London should tell us everything we need to know about their finances.

As an aside, WTF was the point of that story about her manky 8 year old H&M jumper?! It looks absolutely hanging! And as an aside, endorsing the purchase of cheap clothes with the caveat "I always say you don't need to spend a lot to get something to last well" is just bollocks. Manmade fabrics have SUCH a negative, detrimental effect on the planet, its something we really need to steer away from if at all possible - yes, this rag has lasted but the vast majority do not. Not to mention the reality about how super cheap clothes are made!

As others have said that’s a lot of after school clubs for the poor little thing, my toddler does 8-5 4 days a week as I’m full time working and so is husband and she’s absolutely shattered! I’ll be dropping down to part time when she is at primary so we don’t have to use after school clubs as much.
They’re so bloody lazy! They are at home all bloody day! I don’t know why some people have kids if they just keep them at school all day.
My husbands mother (the dreaded MIL) used to do this with him and send him to camps in the summer to get rid of him and at 45 he still mentions how upsetting it was
Meant to comment on the frequency of the after school clubs too. My kids used to come home from school exhausted at that age - they'd go to after school club maybe once a week as I was lucky enough to be able to work part time and I can remember worrying about how tired they'd be on those days. I don't know why you would put a Reception age child into clubs when they've been at school and away from you all day, unless you had no choice. It's different once they get to an age when they like doing sports and theyre developing other interests but at 4-5? They just wanna go home at 3pm and switch off.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Me too but remember that even if Alex and Dopey are paying for it (unlikey I think we can agree) I really don't think £20 a day so they can have a couple more hours watching Netflix on yet another free trial is a big deal to them. Despite claims to the contrary, the fact that they "work" (and I use that term very loosely) barely part-time hours and yet still manage to own a large £800k+ house in a nice part of London should tell us everything we need to know about their finances.

As an aside, WTF was the point of that story about her manky 8 year old H&M jumper all about?! It looks absolutely hanging! And as an aside, endorsing the purchase of cheap clothes with the caveat "I always say you don't need to spend a lot to get something to last well" is just bollocks. Manmade fabrics have SUCH a negative, detrimental effect on the planet, its something we really need to steer away from if at all possible - yes, this rag has lasted but the vast majority do not. Not to mention the reality about how super cheap clothes are made!
Lol @ “I use that term very loosely” 😂 it’s wild her husband is literally a leach just drawing down dividends to reduce her Ltd’s corp tax liability and her personal tax liability to boot he’s 👏🏻un👏🏻employed👏🏻 !! Like buy a tripod so he doesn’t have to stand there for 5-7 mins of his day filming you and free him from the constrains of his “employment” so those babies can come home earlier? I’d be really concerned about my partner if we had their schedule and they’d suggested wrap around care tbh. Like where’s the joy in family life when you’d sooner leave for “work” at 10 and binge series than be with them. Bizarre.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.