The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #7 Everything is affordable when it's #gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her latest Stories mentions how she likes all her clothes to work hard. Aside from the fact that that’s more than she does herself, who thinks of their wardrobe like that? I have clothes I like to wear but I don’t exactly consider them to be working hard!!

Reactions: 4
Tattle won’t let me link it but I’ve just seen someone share this tiktok, I get the impression the woman is a US Clare Seal (?) but in this vid she speaks about undeclared ad content and us comparing our lives with corporate sponsored content and it really reminded me of the chats we have here! Print screen and apologising in advance for anyone who isn’t “on” tiktok and 🙏🏻 to anyone smart enough to embed this vid sorry I’ve failed you all

DE2FC83C-F79E-45F9-BC9B-7CB140457C83.jpeg

Reactions: 1
I won’t lie, when I saw that post but before I read the words, I thought the relevance to Alex’s thread was the glasses 🤓 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Tattle won’t let me link it but I’ve just seen someone share this tiktok, I get the impression the woman is a US Clare Seal (?) but in this vid she speaks about undeclared ad content and us comparing our lives with corporate sponsored content and it really reminded me of the chats we have here! Print screen and apologising in advance for anyone who isn’t “on” tiktok and 🙏🏻 to anyone smart enough to embed this vid sorry I’ve failed you all

View attachment 1968141
Off topic but I love her glasses. Or maybe on topic because they are decent glasses and not the serial killer ones Alex sports??

• Haha
I promise you I’d never bore you shitless with glasses #content

This tiktok person basically says how she can’t stand undisclosed ads and can’t understand why anyone would accept brand freebies for their home, and also doesn’t agree with it because whilst you might mark the first one as an #ad inevitably when you’re filming in your home in the future you won’t mark it as an #ad when it was. Like I said the other day Africa is literally the only influencer I’ve ever seen do this (with a buggy and an outfit).

Does she never get bored of shopping or wandering around shops all the time?

also, prepare yourselves: NEW flatbag incoming alert:

Thanks for posting this. Please don’t hate me y’all but I will be getting one or maybe both 🙈😂 Have the Sainsbury’s and Waitrose ones and they are brilliant shopping bags.

Thanks for posting this. Please don’t hate me y’all but I will be getting one or maybe both 🙈😂 Have the Sainsbury’s and Waitrose ones and they are brilliant shopping bags.
Be careful hun - legend has it if you collect all 6 avenger stones Anya Hindmarch shopping bags you have to duel to the death with the final big boss of frugality - Slick

• Haha
Reactions: 17
What would said duel involve? Cheap Tiger candles at dawn?
Ngl I’ve actually never watched those movies and had to Google to double check the reference, but if it’s like mortal kombat than their special moves could be:

* whiplashed / lassoed by the greasy mop
* lacerated by daddy’s platinum card
* crushed by a physical representation of the sheer mass of compounding 20% APR interest from the credit card kitchen

I’ll have to let my nanas in the M+S cafe know they’re in imminent danger

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I don’t have any of those bags but the most useful shopping tote I have is a Trader Joe’s one that a friend brought back from the US. It folds up tiny into its own little bag and it’ll when folded it fits into my smallest handbags. None of which are carted around flat like Alex’s!

Reactions: 3
I have the waitrose one too and it is tray good for a large tote/shopping bag. Even has a rite inside pocket and it’s super sturdy. However it’s just a friggin bag for life 😂

Reactions: 3
The thing is with those bags full your boots. Get as many as you want or can afford.

Alex has built her brand on “pretend” frugal living so pimping out all these bags (glasses/candles etc) is so against her unrealistic ethos. It is so inauthentic

TBH @Dizzy i like the look of the blue one 🤣 #pre-influenced

• Haha
I think they are useful. I have the maroon one and would consider the Asda one. I just can’t be arsed going to a supermarket at the crack of dawn to join a queue for a bag for life. 🤣

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.