The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #7 Everything is affordable when it's #gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Riveting content as per. Note she doesn’t acknowledge her privilege in being able to just drop work to look after her child in half term. (Yes I’m a grumpy employed mum who has to put her 4 year old in activity camp. Luckily he loved it!)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Is that not the Pantone colour of the year, balaclava beige?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I just looked at her profile and the careful meal planner in her heading really tickled me. Yeah its careful because it takes you one working day to do, you eat crap and get half your food for free

Reactions: 3
Did anyone notice the meal plan? Pretty sure it says meatballs with rice at the very bottom - tinned meatballs to the rescue 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 4
That dinner is giving weird limp lettuce uni gf/bf Valentine’s dinner in your shared communal kitchen. They’re holding hands over the communal kitchen table and have cracked open a bottle of Costcutter wine so you daren’t hang around and make the stuffed pepper you had lined up for tonight. You retreat to your room sharpish and survive off of whatever biscuits you’ve hidden up there. Maybe next year you’ll be free of their presence.

I just pray those weren’t tinned meatballs and they splashed out for the occasion.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I really really think she’s trolling everyone.

As affordable eats she’s recommended a hotel restaurant and a tapas place where it’s not clear that she’s ever visited (& is definitely not cheap). Oh and somewhere in Coal Drops Yard. She can’t be that clueless?

Reactions: 7
I really really think she’s trolling everyone.

As affordable eats she’s recommended a hotel restaurant and a tapas place where it’s not clear that she’s ever visited (& is definitely not cheap). Oh and somewhere in Coal Drops Yard. She can’t be that clueless?
If she finds them affordable it’s only because she thinks 3 sliced meatballs on one of those part-baked rolls with some melted cheese and a bit of tomato is an acceptable Valentine’s dinner. Leaves more money for meals in hotel restaurants.

Seriously what is that food. That’s a snack is it not? No wonder she’s so pasty and bloated. 😳

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Think we all know why she buys the tinned meatballs now 😂🤮
Although I do think she’s trolling us, the meatballs, the soap bottle…some limp salad will appear on the carefully curated meal plan now

• Sick
Reactions: 2
Alex’s styling tips: create an ‘outfit’ and hide it under a coat so no one can notice how hideous it actually is.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
A £22.50 sweater vest made from a delightful combination of acrylic & polyester/polyamide. So v difficult to be recycled and will take 200 years at least to break down. It’s disgusting that Alex encourages this sort of consumption.

• Heart
Her outfits with the sweater vest are basically “wear this over some other clothes”. Groundbreaking.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
A £22.50 sweater vest made from a delightful combination of acrylic & polyester/polyamide. So v difficult to be recycled and will take 200 years at least to break down. It’s disgusting that Alex encourages this sort of consumption.
Such a huge HELL YES to this! She's always promoted cheap tit clothes (I know I've ranted up thread about this so I won't repeat myself) and I think she's even more of a twit for doing that.

I have nothing to say about the tinned meatballs on white bread other than my usual, what the duck 🥴

Ive recently (yes, I know- late to the party) become a fan of charity shops, Vinted and eBay. Charity shops especially seem to have upped their game in recent years with how they display stuff and yesterday I got 100% cashmere jumper from White Company for £40. plus my money is going to charity. Alex never shows her visits to charity shops other than to show presents bought for kids as obviously they don’t do paid partnerships, but it’s a shame as it feels like it ticks the frugal and sustainable options for shopping.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.