The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #7 Everything is affordable when it's #gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg lol, she could have styled that hood in a more ironic way with a more casual coat, but with that navy wool number it’s pure “I’m 83 and I knitted this myself” territory. What is she thinking 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 5
@influencerbore She’s got the warm headgear on while clutching an open coat and not wearing gloves. Doesn’t make sense. Just trying to cause a stir around town, I guess.

Reactions: 4
Oh don’t, I saw a woman on the tube the other day in a similar balaclava/hood. Make the madness stop!!

Reactions: 3
Hold the front page for a scoop in ‘who can use what products’

In which Alex reveals she caught Chris out when he told her that Aveda left his hair greasy once.

Just the once, Chris??

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Gosh, a comped stay at the Hoxton for poor overworked #busyworkingmum Alex where she gets to eat crisps and watch TV in a hotel room.

And that’s meant to be a change from her usual routine?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Easy to be frugal when you aren’t paying for expensive free overnight stays on luxury hotels isn’t it Alex?

Reactions: 6
What is going on? After 3.5 weeks off she comes back for 2 weeks of weird recycled content and then checks into a boutique hotel to eat crisps and watch tv? This is so bizarre.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
What is going on? After 3.5 weeks off she comes back for 2 weeks of weird recycled content and then checks into a boutique hotel to eat crisps and watch tv? This is so bizarre.
But remember this night away eating crisps was ‘much needed’. You know our Alex, always multi tasking, working 5000 miles an hour, providing us with this great free content….. I’d love her to do a proper days work.

Reactions: 10
But remember this night away eating crisps was ‘much needed’. You know our Alex, always multi tasking, working 5000 miles an hour, providing us with this great free content….. I’d love her to do a proper days work.
The lack of any work is exactly why this content falls flat. Imagine if they’d gifted that stay to a nurse or a teacher or a SAHM they’d be so excited for the break + luxury of it all they’d make such better content cos they’d be saying look at xyz! I did p and q! It wouldn’t have been delivered in a tit monotone whisper either.

The main takeaway of that video for me was that she’s spilt water on the bed? She had some Thai food too which didn’t look that great ngl?

Reactions: 9
The lack of any work is exactly why this content falls flat. Imagine if they’d gifted that stay to a nurse or a teacher or a SAHM they’d be so excited for the break + luxury of it all they’d make such better content cos they’d be saying look at xyz! I did p and q! It wouldn’t have been delivered in a tit monotone whisper either.

The main takeaway of that video for me was that she’s spilt water on the bed? She had some Thai food too which didn’t look that great ngl?
Couldn’t agree more. The water on the bed thing was, in true Alex style, bizarre. I couldn’t imagine relaying that story to anyone (I mean why would you?!) let alone nearly 300k followers! I thought the ad did the hotel no favours. I’m staying there in a few weeks and was thinking of eating in the restaurant one of the nights but am now thinking possibly not.

Reactions: 8
I worked in housekeeping in a previous life and we’d be bleeping fuming if there were liquids on the bed. If it’s on the duvet then it needs to be swapped and laundered but if it’s on the mattress then the room can’t be let out again until it’s been dried. Good old Alex, making other people work hard for their money as usual.

• Wow
I worked in housekeeping in a previous life and we’d be bleeping fuming if there were liquids on the bed. If it’s on the duvet then it needs to be swapped and laundered but if it’s on the mattress then the room can’t be let out again until it’s been dried. Good old Alex, making other people work hard for their money as usual.
But she left a handwritten note on a nice green paper! Such a chic apology.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Wouldn’t you let the front desk know if you’d spilt something on the bed, so housekeeping could potentially move that room up the schedule?

Not leave an oh-so-chic note?

Wouldn’t you let the front desk know if you’d spilt something on the bed, so housekeeping could potentially move that room up the schedule?

Not leave an oh-so-chic note?
People confess to as little as possible because the hotel usually already has their card details on file.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
She just manages to make her life look so utterly depressing. Despite watching a billion TV series over Christmas, she uses her child free time to sit on a bed and eat crisps.

There’s so much to do in that part of town - Westfield, Shepherds Bush Market (amazing, frugal, vegetarian felafel), the Design Museum, Holland Park Gardens, Notting Hill/Westbourne Grove etc. Presumably most people stay there for a gig at the 02, Westfield or proximity to the rest of what’s nearby 😬

Reactions: 7
That is such a lame review! She’s talking as if she’s on 1.5 x and it was so rushed and unprofessional!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.