The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #6 Secret Tory, who hates the BBC, easy to be Frugal when everything is free.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't watch that video of her sticking stickers in a book again, because all I can hear is the overpowering sound of her BREATHING šŸ˜³
I couldnā€™t figure out why it was so loud? The phone wasnā€™t so close to her and she wasnā€™t (didnā€™t need to!) wearing a mic.

Reactions: 1
More top quality FREE content from Darth Vader this morning I see. Is sticking stickers in a book what working at 500 miles an hour looks like?
ive died at work laughing at this. Darth Vader has finished me

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Honestly itā€™s so insulting to busy working parents watching someone potter around the house and film low key errands and then constantly bemoan their work/life balance and demanding schedule. Like what the stuff I do for my employer in no way benefits my personal living space?
Absolutely. All this stuff she films and bestows upon her followers in the name of ā€˜workā€™ is what everyone else just does in their free time/weekends when they are not actually working at a proper job! Cooking meals, meal planning, up cycling projects, gardening, shopping for tat etc. Itā€™s not WORK Alex!

And of course then there are the PR launches, breakfasts, lunches, dinners, hotel stays, city breaks etc. Absolute joker.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Why would you pay all that money to the hairdresser and refuse the blow dry? And surely your hairdresser needs it dried to see how it sits? Quite often when Iā€™ve had a haircut they do a bit of snipping once theyā€™ve dried it in order to get the shape right.

As for curating a sticker collection, words fail me šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 5
Why would you pay all that money to the hairdresser and refuse the blow dry? And surely your hairdresser needs it dried to see how it sits? Quite often when Iā€™ve had a haircut they do a bit of snipping once theyā€™ve dried it in order to get the shape right.

As for curating a sticker collection, words fail me šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
Because sheā€™s a moany entitled little girl, I donā€™t usually like how the hairdresser styles my hair but I let her do her job and then fiddle with it when I get home, Iā€™d be embarrassed to leave with wet hair

Reactions: 2
Because sheā€™s a moany entitled little girl, I donā€™t usually like how the hairdresser styles my hair but I let her do her job and then fiddle with it when I get home, Iā€™d be embarrassed to leave with wet hair
I canā€™t remember what she said as well but she said it in a bitchy way, not that she didnā€™t like the feeling or whatever but more like she didnā€™t like the way theyā€™d style it (whilst tagging the salon in the photo!)

Iā€™d have thought sheā€™d have made more money if she posted on weekends?! šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø Iā€™m suprised she thinks she ā€œdeservesā€ a weekend off Instagram. Posting isnā€™t hard no?! Had me wondering whether she bulk takes pictures over the week and then does she have her staff post for her?

Reactions: 3
Iā€™d have thought sheā€™d have made more money if she posted on weekends?! šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø Iā€™m suprised she thinks she ā€œdeservesā€ a weekend off Instagram. Posting isnā€™t hard no?! Had me wondering whether she bulk takes pictures over the week and then does she have her staff post for her?
Posting is quick. Takes up quite a lot of time to delete the negative comments tho.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Posting is quick. Takes up quite a lot of time to delete the negative comments tho.
She reads this forum - she postedā€¦ at the weekend on stories! šŸ˜‚ probably to ā€œprove a pointā€ rather than actually anything about the issue she posted about

Reactions: 4
Sheā€™s posted about justice for Chris Kaba but given that she never ever posts anything political I am cynical. I feel the same when she posts photos of the racially diverse books she buys Peggy and Cato and when she goes to influencer events and takes photos of herself with influencers of colour.

Itā€™s all very virtue-signalling and as a WOC myself Iā€™m left wondering what kind of anti-racism work she actually does in her day to day life. And this isnā€™t just Alex either - a lot of influencers only ā€œdiscoveredā€ racism after May 2020. They never felt the need for diversity and inclusion before that!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I canā€™t wait for her moan about having to work without pay on bank holiday (tomorrow)

Reactions: 7
This is what I mean?! I guess it shows she doesnā€™t need the money & she values her time more. Sheā€™s not a hands on parent and posting takes seconds. Itā€™s so bizarre to me! Frugal to her obviously means less input (effort and work) and more output (Ā£Ā£Ā£). Catherine Omerod I feel works hard & she wants to get ahead in life and improve her situation. Alex doesnā€™t. Sheā€™s happy plodding along.

I guess what Iā€™m trying to say is I feel she has no aspirations.

Reactions: 6
This is what I mean?! I guess it shows she doesnā€™t need the money & she values her time more. Sheā€™s not a hands on parent and posting takes seconds. Itā€™s so bizarre to me! Frugal to her obviously means less input (effort and work) and more output (Ā£Ā£Ā£). Catherine Omerod I feel works hard & she wants to get ahead in life and improve her situation. Alex doesnā€™t. Sheā€™s happy plodding along.

I guess what Iā€™m trying to say is I feel she has no aspirations.
Tattle is being annoying and not letting me quote the last two sentences of your post but theyā€™re SO true! Itā€™s wild to me as sheā€™s been given SO many steps up in life that it wouldnā€™t be hard to achieve a lot and yet here she is, flogging skin & me? šŸ„“ She has been given the moon on a stick and this is what sheā€™s chosen to do with it? She could have become a doctor or architect or written books or gone into academia or just anything else that requires some level of privilege/parental financial support?

Instagram is the worst advert for a private education cos none of them are doing anything with their lives or achieving anything, theyā€™re largely just dumb layabouts. Iā€™d be so upset if my child chose mediocrity after we worked so hard for them and theyā€™d been afforded opportunities weā€™d never had.

Reactions: 11
So Iā€™m going back a bit here, Alex posted a reel (about how to get cheap glasses šŸ¤Ŗ) thatā€™s not marked as an Ad, which looks like an Ad and reads like one, and where the company being reviewed is tagged in the post and has jumped in with several comments.
Liked this exchange. Of course the company is going to insist that their way is fine. I think Iā€™d rather listen to my optician though šŸ„“
Completely agree re PPD but pls be careful my love your Insta profile pic is in the bottom of these screenshots x

ETA - just for transparency Iā€™ve reported ur comment to the mods so they can take the screenshots off for you just in case you donā€™t pick that message up

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.