The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #10 No wonder she’s absolutely minted, she’s selling her freebies on Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her content really is bloody dull at this point isn’t it?

And we’re in the middle of a cost of living crisis too, surely our frugal queen should be in her element?

But no, obvs not as that’s just a charade which she should have dropped a long time ago and she really does not have anything else at all to offer.

Reactions: 8
So many layers in these wear for 5 days challenges - she must be bloody boiling!

Reactions: 2
So many layers in these wear for 5 days challenges - she must be bloody boiling!
I always think she must stink! It’s been cool but not cold in London, and jumping on tubes makes you super hot! Also she wore that to a quiet dressy PR event. This thing she is trying to do just doesn’t work

Reactions: 7
I always think she must stink! It’s been cool but not cold in London, and jumping on tubes makes you super hot! Also she wore that to a quiet dressy PR event. This thing she is trying to do just doesn’t work
She always looks so grubby to me.

Reactions: 4
I said it before but knitwear collects armpit BO like no other fabric. I’ve worked in second hand clothing processing and it holds on to that stench. I’ve also borrowed knitwear from friends and it smells like “person”. I know some of them are difficult to wash and maybe I’m just weird but I prefer my tops especially to not smell of food/the tube/sweat…!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
She always looks so grubby to me.
Yes, though her recent reel was a change as her hair actually looked washed and the straight bob was better than the crunchy-looking waves.

Dopey on the other hand might need to be renamed Greasy, given a recent photo of him.

Reactions: 3
And hark at our high priestess of frugality appearing in the Guardian to share her tips on how to have a cheapskate frugal Christmas.

---
Her regifting tip reminds me of the time my SiL asked for an expensive eyeshadow palette for Christmas, which I bought her, and she gave me a book which was a spare copy of one she had that just happened to be lying around the house!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Her Christmas Day Mac and Cheese will no doubt be a frozen Leftover from a dinner back in the summer.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
And hark at our high priestess of frugality appearing in the Guardian to share her tips on how to have a cheapskate frugal Christmas.

---
Her regifting tip reminds me of the time my SiL asked for an expensive eyeshadow palette for Christmas, which I bought her, and she gave me a book which was a spare copy of one she had that just happened to be lying around the house!
I’ve never commented on this thread until now but what planet is she on? I used to follow but unfollowed as found her contradictory.

oh I love these stupid lists, I generally really respect the Guardian but they have no idea how these come across, this years include:
- averting your eyes from looking at too many christmas decorations online, because when you realise you can't afford them you'll feel sad
- reusing christmas decorations (this is delusional - who the hell buys new ones every year?)
- this new idea called 'secret santa'
- don't just buy things because you were looking at them online (wtf?)

and from our queen
- don't shop online to save on shipping costs (but how will she make money from aff links??)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
‘Retrain our brains and how we think about gifting’
What an absolutely useless piece of cod psychology.

Re-gifting really pisses me off - it’s so bloody obvious!

My bday is right after Christmas and it is very apparent each and every year who is giving me their cast offs.

Seriously, something like some homemade cookies or a meaningful photo in a cheap and cheerful frame really means so much more and is absolutely fine, whether someone is financially comfortable or not. It really is the thought that counts!

Although Alex’s thought process is seemingly ‘oh I think they will really like this gift that I don’t want, particularly as I’m too tight to use my own cash even though I’m happy to shell out £xxx on endless Tiger tat for myself and multiple trips abroad per year including a weekend break in Cali’

Reactions: 10
‘Retrain our brains and how we think about gifting’
What an absolutely useless piece of cod psychology.

Re-gifting really pisses me off - it’s so bloody obvious!

My bday is right after Christmas and it is very apparent each and every year who is giving me their cast offs.

Seriously, something like some homemade cookies or a meaningful photo in a cheap and cheerful frame really means so much more and is absolutely fine, whether someone is financially comfortable or not. It really is the thought that counts!

Although Alex’s thought process is seemingly ‘oh I think they will really like this gift that I don’t want, particularly as I’m too tight to use my own cash even though I’m happy to shell out £xxx on endless Tiger tat for myself and multiple trips abroad per year including a weekend break in Cali’
Ha as a fellow post Christmas birthday person it’s so bloody obvious, I’d honestly prefer nothing than some crappy bath set that you didn’t want either (and yes I realise I sound a bit ungrateful but when you spend time and money choosing lovely presents for other people’s birthdays it’s a bit of a kick in the balls when you obviously get re-gifted…year after year)

• Sad
I think that’s what bothers me the most actually - I really enjoy spending time thinking about and looking for the perfect gift for my good friends. So when you are then given a re-gift it just screams zero effort & thought.

Especially when the gift was obviously also chosen with that person in mind (or maybe not and was just a 3 for 2 in boots) but is t something you’d ever like or use and your friend knows this…honestly we need to normalise people saying that they can’t afford gifts and can we just stop doing it. Would be a lot easier all round, rather than encouraging people to blow dust off something they’ve found at the back of a cupboard/in an old post office and give them that

I was once regifted a scarf I bought my MiL. It was very much her taste and not mine, I'm still fuming about it 🤣 sold it on eBay

• Haha
My mother in law, likes to win things in a raffle, tell me about it in July and gift to me in December. Raffles are surely where all regifts go to die, but no she keeps on going.

She’s not frugal she’s tight. I have come to expect it and now find it funny- well, through gritted teeth!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.